Young or Old ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JemEvans

War Child
Hello, Hello. I'm @ a place called Vertigo...-devi
Alright here's the question. When you date do you normally go for someone that's younger or older than you?? And for those who have a significant other in their lives already is the person that you are with now older or younger than you??? Did your preference change now that you have someone or did it stay the same??
For me I used to always go for guys that were older than me...not that that was the Major rule I had but it just happened to go that way with me. Now that I have a wonderful boyfriend who I plan to one day getting married to things have switched over for me...I'm the one that's older. ok not much older...i'm 2 months and 2 days older than him but that still puts him for the younger one. I tease him about it sometimes like telling him to respect his elders. lmao. ok I'm done!

LATERS EVERYONE!

------------------
Fear Not..For I'll Be Watching You. And I know what you're all thinking. FOR SHAME!!

Right now, Id prob go for a mature guy around 33/35..........with a nice long overcoat on and long hair.......hed be different, and not an asshole like u get easily here in Norn Iron..........
mad.gif

all the young boys were caps and spit right in front of u, chew gum with gobs wide open and are generally cheeky feckers, so def not someone baby or young or whatever.......uh uh.....

I'm 20, and my fiance (drgnwolf1969) will be 33 in April. I had decided that I wanted to find a person that I was truly in tune with and settle down with him and him only...I didn't want a casual relationship...I wanted the real deal. I've come to the conclusion that finding a guy my age who doesn't just want a "good time" is nearly impossible. My family teases me sometimes about him being so much older, but even my parents and friends agree that he treats me damn well.

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Originally posted by Bonochick:
I'm 20, and my fiance (drgnwolf1969) will be 33 in April. I had decided that I wanted to find a person that I was truly in tune with and settle down with him and him only...I didn't want a casual relationship...I wanted the real deal. I've come to the conclusion that finding a guy my age who doesn't just want a "good time" is nearly impossible. My family teases me sometimes about him being so much older, but even my parents and friends agree that he treats me damn well.

aww thats cute BC, sorry baby, when u two gettin married again??????

smile.gif

awwwww and if he treats u well and makes u feel like his special lady,, then thats wonderful.......
biggrin.gif

cause ur a cutey cutey sweetie pie....
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Thanks, maddie.
smile.gif

Well...we both want to finish school before we get married. I'll be finished at the end of the year. John though...well...he can only attend class part time, so he's got another couple years at least to go. Blarg. But we don't want to just have a quick wedding...we want something really nice...so we have to be patient (plus, we don't have any money right now...dammit...*lol*).

*grabs Guiness records book to look up the record for the longest engagement* *lol*
biggrin.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by Bonochick (edited 03-14-2002).]

Older guys most definitely. Not only are they able to buy me booze, they are much more mature both physically and mentally, and they usually know how to treat a woman right. Younger boys are fun to play with though, but I want an older man to bring experience into the relationship.

------------------
Ever seen an Alice with a stem like that? Come to think of it, did you ever see an Alice??

Definitely older guys. Mind you I have never had a relationship with a younger guy so I suppose I should give them the benefit of the doubt before passing judgement.
smile.gif

I have always found that the guys my age or younger are too immature and are more bothered about what they can get, rather than the important things in a relationship.

my girl is a couple of years younger than I am

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

I kinda like older guys too, I've fancied 40-45 year olds lmao (I'm 18) they were just crushes, I didn't tell them or anything..

Also thought I would add that John and I met on the Internet. We talked online for a few months before we even knew each other's ages. That's just how it happened to work out. I always did like older men though, for the most part.

------------------

I like men who are older than I am. Probably because I can't stand boys my age.
rolleyes.gif

------------------
Every question possesses a power that does not lie in the answer.

When I was 23 I managed to somehow get away with going out with someone who was only just turning 17. I'm nearly 26 now and I think 19-20 is the limit. Plus, I'm finding I have more in common with people over the age of 21.

And believe me, that scares the shit out of me!!!

Always older men, so far.
They tend to be stronger, smarter, and more masculine. I dont like the immature types at all.
rolleyes.gif

I guess i would consider a youger guy, but its highly unlikely, and he'd have to be a truly exceptional fella.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

It doesnt bother me either way, as long as the feelings are there that is the main thing. I'm 22 and I guess I have a range, 19-28.

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimson sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

Originally posted by bono_man:
as long as the feelings are there that is the main thing.

Exactly. There are socially accepted age brackets, but who is to say that a 25 year old couldn't date a 35 year old? If they are all about each other, then it's good for them. Granted, there are some that would creep me out i.e if I, at 17, were to date oh I dunno someone who is 40, they could be my parent! Yuck! But, who am I to judge? I'm definately keeping inside my bracket, so I'm ok.

------------------
Every question possesses a power that does not lie in the answer.

I don't think age is that big a deal. sure maturity is, but that doesn't necessarily relate directly to age.

Back
Top Bottom