You Yangs, Lara, Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My amp sounds fucking killer now, by the way. And I'm buying one of these:
qaa2microkorg.l.jpg

I don't know what that is, but it looks awesome

It's a microKorg synthesizer. They're $400 new but a good friend of mine is selling me his for $100 (since the singer in his band wrote all over it and drew vulgarities on it). They just hired a keyboardist so he doesn't have to play keys anymore... just guitar.

Actually, I could make it sound just like the 80s. I'm going to program a bunch of different sounds into it. Everything from U2-like to modern new wave to distorted organ to Radiohead's Everything In It's Right Place to modern techno.

It looks painfully like a ripoff of Beethoven. I'm not planning on seeing it til it comes out on DVD

Actually, I could make it sound just like the 80s. I'm going to program a bunch of different sounds into it. Everything from U2-like to modern new wave to distorted organ to Radiohead's Everything In It's Right Place to modern techno.

Can I marry your keyboard?

Anyway, that means that in the band I may or may not quit (we now have a drummer but no bassist as our bassist has taken over drumming, at which he is above average) will have songs with two keyboards going at once.

Anyway, that means that in the band I may or may not quit (we now have a drummer but no bassist as our bassist has taken over drumming, at which he is above average) will have songs with two keyboards going at once.

I expect longwinded proggy passages with duelling solos and shit.

You're going to disappoint me, aren't you?

I expect longwinded proggy passages with duelling solos and shit.

You're going to disappoint me, aren't you?

Yes. It'll most likely be one keyboard being very bassy, brooding, and simple, and then my keyboard lines being shimmery and lush, but still amazingly simple.

All of this just reminds me of how much I wish I could play piano :(.

Also, I'm hungry, but all of the options in the cafeteria suck, and the late night cafeteria doesn't open til 9, and it's 8 :sigh:

The end of Blue Pedal by Kitchens Of Distinction is some of the most fucking awesome shoegazer ever.

Shame Bonnie's not here. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom