you won't believe it....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRocksU2

Blue Crack Addict
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and last ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Rule of thumb

In the 1400s a law was set forth that a man was only allowed to beat his wife with a stick that was no thicker than his thumb. Hence we have "the rule of thumb".

:ohmy:

:lol:

I've heard about this before!

Good one! :up:

edit: I meant the one about the jumbled up words, not the wife beating one. :wink:

That'a pretty cool "Rule of thumb

In the 1400s a law was set forth that a man was only allowed to beat his wife with a stick that was no thicker than his thumb. Hence we have "the rule of thumb".
:lol:

They were gonna have it be that he couldn't beat her with any stick thicker than his penis, but they couldn't find a stick that thin. :tongue:

I wish I could find the link for the thread that I believe Meggie posted six months ago or so with this same content!

We could have a mod MERGE em.

zoney! said:
I wish I could find the link for the thread that I believe Meggie posted six months ago or so with this same content!

I think we should merge all the threads and all the forums into one huge ass thread! Wouldn't that be cool?!? :hyper:

zoney! said:

:tsk: Newbie.

Its already been done!

:D:up:

and I am serious!

I bet the people who wanted serious discussions (as opposed to postwhoring me -- and I'm not really a top notch postwhore either... :sad: ) wanted it stopped. :mad: It would have been so much fun...no one knowing what the hell anyone else was talking about! :yes: Took all the fun out of the place! :madspit:

:wink:

zoney! said:

why on earth does a six month old thread need to be unearthed and merged with this one? :eyebrow:

indra said:

I bet the people who wanted serious discussions (as opposed to postwhoring me -- and I'm not really a top notch postwhore either... :sad: ) wanted it stopped. :mad: It would have been so much fun...no one knowing what the hell anyone else was talking about! :yes: Took all the fun out of the place! :madspit:

:wink:

It was LONG before the post whoring mess the board is now!

But, I guess with growth...you have issues like this. :shrug:

Thanks for all the cute smilies! :up:

KhanadaRhodes said:

why on earth does a six month old thread need to be unearthed and merged with this one? :eyebrow:

Same topic!?

Hey, listen....we ask people to look through a list of bands in other sections of the forum before posting new threads....anything else?

KhanadaRhodes said:

Amour35.gif

zoney! said:
Same topic!?

Hey, listen....we ask people to look through a list of bands in other sections of the forum before posting new threads....anything else?
yes, ones that are just a month or two old. if someone looks and sees "oh, the last (whatever artist) thread was created eight months ago" they're allowed to start a new thread. any old threads that ARE listed are more for reference if someone wants to read them, and also because bonochick couldn't possibly be expected to keep tabs on how old every thread is and delete them when they're deemed too old and can be removed from the list.

KhanadaRhodes said:

yes, ones that are just a month or two old. if someone looks and sees "oh, the last (whatever artist) thread was created eight months ago" they're allowed to start a new thread. any old threads that ARE listed are more for reference if someone wants to read them, and also because bonochick couldn't possibly be expected to keep tabs on how old every thread is and delete them when they're deemed too old and can be removed from the list.

Hmm.

I haven't seen the eight month rule in the FAQ...but thank you for that helpful knowledge! :up:

zoney! said:
YAYAYAYAY!

Everyone vs. Zoney! because he pointed out that there has been a similar thread out there!

:applaud:

:up:

It was fun! let's do it again! :hyper:

Just busting your chops, isn't that what you're doing? :shrug: All in good fun.

(except when it isn't... :shifty:

Last edited:
FAQ

bonosgirl84 said:
i remembered meggies thread right away too :|

In fact, everytime I see one of my million typos, I remember meggie's thread and think "ah heck, they will still be able to understand it"

indra said:

It was fun! let's do it again! :hyper:

Just busting your chops, isn't that what you're doing? :shrug: All in good fun.

(except when it isn't... :shifty:

Ha..you edited it just in time.

I was going to bust your chops and say "yes, you should know how I feel, you are usually on this side" :hyper:

OH LOOK, I did say it. Silly me!

The thing I don't get is why anybody other than a mod should be vocal or even bothered about what threads ought to be merged.

:shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom