You took the words right out of my mouth...DESCRIBE!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lila64 said:

She must have had a great time! Maddy & I went out to do a little shopping tonite, then thru McDonald's drive thru for some french fries & sundaes :drool: She has outdoor camp with school next week. :sad: I'll miss her :scream:

Is it an overnight, week-long thing? :ohmy: :sad:

:shifty: last one...

depphat.jpg
:whistle:

VintagePunk said:

Is it an overnight, week-long thing? :ohmy: :sad:

week-long, Monday-Friday. I am cry! :(
I'll have to tape American Idol for her too, LOL

oh, and TRE, remember when our post count was close? :tsk:
Will I hit the big number tonite :hmm:

VintagePunk said:

Don't even get me started. I'm sure the depravity would be alarming. :shifty: :lol:

On a more serious note, I'm glad I ran into you tonight. I just remembered, I heard a term earlier and wondered if you would know what it means. "Systemic infection." Sounds general to me, but I was wondering if it refers to something more specific.

Hmm systemic infection... well from what I know it is pretty general. It's commonly referred to as 'sepsis' and it is the presence of pathogens or microorganisms in the tissues or the bloodstream. One of our patients last year had septicemia where the organisms would spread and cause chills, fever, and an abscessing of some of his organs.

I don't know if that's what you were after :hmm: :lol:

ok, I lied. Tell me to stop at any time :shifty:
34_jdepp.jpg

who should I post for TRE? :hmm:

and then TRE, I can't be accused of postwhoring, since you out-whore me :lmao: :hug:

Lila64 said:

week-long, Monday-Friday. I am cry! :(
I'll have to tape American Idol for her too, LOL

oh, and TRE, remember when our post count was close? :tsk:
Will I hit the big number tonite :hmm:

Oh no!! :sad: Well, if I can do it, you can. Be strong, walk on, and all that. And made sure there's some way to keep in touch by phone! :lol:I bought nearly 300 minutes of phone time for her trip, and we used nearly all of it. :reject: :lol: Plus, her birthday fell when she was over there. :sigh:

How far will she be from you?

VP - she can only call in emergencies. I think it's about 30 minutes or so from here. She's all excited, practically all packed and ready to go. She will mail a letter/postcard on Monday

FlyYourKite said:

Hmm systemic infection... well from what I know it is pretty general. It's commonly referred to as 'sepsis' and it is the presence of pathogens or microorganisms in the tissues or the bloodstream. One of our patients last year had septicemia where the organisms would spread and cause chills, fever, and an abscessing of some of his organs.

I don't know if that's what you were after :hmm: :lol:

That's exactly what I read on webmd. The reason I asked is because a girl from Sarah's school apparently passed away earlier in the week from this. :sad: :sad: In the newspaper, it said systemic infection, but it also said she had "flu-like symptoms," and when I hear that, the first think I think of is meningitis. Scary stuff. :sad:

VintagePunk said:

That's exactly what I read on webmd. The reason I asked is because a girl from Sarah's school apparently passed away earlier in the week from this. :sad: :sad: In the newspaper, it said systemic infection, but it also said she had "flu-like symptoms," and when I hear that, the first think I think of is meningitis. Scary stuff. :sad:

How tragic! :sad: :( I'm so sorry to hear about that! Meningitis is very scary, indeed. Something that can seem so ordinary or simple, like the flu, can quickly turn nasty.

Lila64 said:
VP - she can only call in emergencies. I think it's about 30 minutes or so from here. She's all excited, practically all packed and ready to go. She will mail a letter/postcard on Monday

Aww, I'm sure it'll be very difficult for you, but 30 minutes away isn't all that bad. Glad to hear she's excited, too! I'm sure it'll be a great experience for her :)

FlyYourKite said:

How tragic! :sad: :( I'm so sorry to hear about that! Meningitis is very scary, indeed. Something that can seem so ordinary or simple, like the flu, can quickly turn nasty.

So, could that be what they meant by "systemic infection?" I would think that whatever it is, if it were a public health threat, or if there were any danger, they would be obligated to report it, wouldn't they?

VintagePunk said:

So, could that be what they meant by "systemic infection?" I would think that whatever it is, if it were a public health threat, or if there were any danger, they would be obligated to report it, wouldn't they?

Hmm, it's hard to say without knowing what the exact organism was. If it was meningitis that caused the sepsis then yes, it is contagious. Sepsis itself isn't contagious, but the infectious agents that cause it can usually be transmitted from person to person. So it all depends on what exactly those organisms are.

You're right, I would think that if it were something serious and easily passed, the health unit would have to report it. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom