You put your lips to her lips to DESCRIBE the lie...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^did i not already coax you into a position from which i derived a useless factoid :wink: (i am slightly confused)

^:laugh: I knew that somebody else here had to be 14!!!

VertigoGal said:
hey ZD :sexywink:

basically he's saying to get him in a position to spout facts/poems...he's craving some good ol' fashioned flattery :wink:

Join me on tour…

We will take the Riviera by blitzkrieg and inadvertently start world war three: Hot Shots Part Deux all over again.
:wink:

VertigoGal said:
hey ZD :sexywink:

basically he's saying to get him in a position to spout facts/poems...he's craving some good ol' fashioned flattery :wink:

ohhhhhhhhhhh... VG, you have cleared everything up!

I am to flatter him! Zero, you are definately an intelligent man, esp. for 18! (Was that good?:wink: )

i hope i haven't offended you will :angry:

:sexywink:

ohh thanks heavens i haven't.

yeah why not...you know my grandpa spent his whole WW2 on the riviera with french girls and wine. all cos he could work a typewriter.

anyway nostradamus says we're due for a WW3 this year and it's all we can do to give the french what they desire.

Last edited:
SleepyDeadMan said:

ohhhhhhhhhhh... VG, you have cleared everything up!

I am to flatter him! Zero, you are definately an intelligent man, esp. for 18! (Was that good?:wink: )

I am a genius, the walrus, The Edge, Slash, Dante, Marlboro lights, a two bit prophet selling sanctuary as Bono wails apartheid upon contentious woe. :wink:

VertigoGal said:
i hope i haven't offended you will :angry:

ohh thanks heavens i haven't.

yeah why not...you know my grandpa spent his whole WW2 on the riviera with french girls and wine. all cos he could work a typewriter.

anyway nostradamus says we're due for a WW3 this year and it's all we can do to give the french what they desire.

I'm actually your Grandfather you know...

Well at least I seem to appreciate his ways.

i don't think you would actually (appreciate his ways, that is). he's a strange old bastard. :scratch:

he thinks the irish are paranoid and ridiculous about queen victoria poisoning their potatoes. (even though half his ancestors came from there around that time)

although don't worry he's got something cynical to say about every ethnic group.

^
So he doesn't discriminate? :sexywink:

Zootlesque said:

pretty good, man! <-------- said like Bono says 'all I want is fucking you man!' on Slane. :p

VG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper:

Bono was actually pretty entertaining on video at the NME awards last night.

Even though I despise the NME, having Bono discuss Bob Geldof’s usage of the work “fuck” was pure genius.

The man certainly has his off days but I believe it’s a cyclic thing.

He has these periods of true inspiration not only musically but in conversation and then he’ll appear decidedly awkward.

Although the number of guitar bands present and Bono’s confidence definitely at least to my mind shows some correlation.

Interesting indeed.

oh no he doesn't discriminate...for instance he's also german, so he tells my mom that she must've gotten her sense of humor from his german blood not his irish blood...because the germans are dead boring and have no sense of humor whatsoever

(whereas the irish do because they're always plastered...yeah and germans hate beer! ok gramps)

and that's pretty tame, he pretty much hates the non-whiteys. he calls all asian people "laotians" or "mongols or something...and he hate's "negroes" and mexicans....

what a joy he is

Before my grandfather passed away last year he wouldn’t allow a Pakistani Doctor to attend to him without giving him some “grief” although in all honesty despite the offence they may have/ do cause.

It’s not intentionally racist to my mind.

The society they grew up in was perversely xenophobic, there were cases in which a third generation Italian American family would show distaste towards an Italian family who recently emigrated etc.

Sad but true.

^yes it's true. i realize society was much different at that time, not to say it's near where it should be now. it's just sort of an off-putting thanksgiving conversation.

wow my spelling/punctuation is atrocious tonight. :barf:

oh well..

that's an interesting observation about Bono. poor little boy has virtually no sustainable self-confidence, it's as if he constantly feels threatened and thrives on the praise. :tsk:

VertigoGal said:
wow my spelling/punctuation is atrocious tonight. :barf:

oh well..

that's an interesting observation about Bono. poor little boy has virtually no sustainable self-confidence, it's as if he constantly feels threatened and thrives on the praise. :tsk:

No worries, all artists thrive on recognition to a certain extent, even the decidedly introverted souls who apparently work for themselves subconsciously thrive on praise.

Yes Thom Yorke you want to be loved.

VertigoGal said:

That's only post-2000 Bono, though! It really sucks cos before 2000, he had oodles of confidence and a don't give a fuck attitude! Now he's like all pandering to everything in sight! I was almost gonna start a thread in EYKIW wondering if this Bono is an imposter and has kidnapped the cool Bono of the 80s and 90s! :uhoh:

thank you for saying that will, i have the same exact thoughts & i hate when people try to pretend otherwise.

even i need praise and i know you do too :wink:

zootles....i disagree. he needed it back then as much as he does now. zoo tv wasn't just a sly joke. :wink:

the only thing that bugs me now is his meeting with politicians...for no other reason than it embarrasses me as a fan because he comes off badly.

see, i need my fandom of u2 to be respected and feel uncomfortable when it's not. we all need to be praised :wink:

VertigoGal said:
shit guys...i need to call my boyfriend of 9 days and dump him before it's too late to call. cos he's a weirdo pervy type and i have a better option in mind. but i'm dreading it cos i don't want to be mean

Just be straightforward, tell him there’s an Irish guy that you know through the internet who you’re arranged to marry. :wink:

Seriously though just go for the jugular, if someone is worth true sensitive you wouldn’t want to break up with them.

Harsh I know but it's the most efficient way.

no, that's between you, me, and everyone on the www. for now :shh:

anyway i've done the deed and i have to say i was pretty nice about it although i was honest. the only problem is i think i gave him the impression he still has a chance once we get to know each other better (something i have no desire to do). by that time i should have another boyfriend who is so much better...

anyway, he's a weirdo perv like i said, who goes from infatuation to infatuation, so there's a good chance he never actually "liked" me to begin with. maybe he'll get the message and find another girl to be obsessed with and stalk. :wink:

I’ve never stalked a girl in my life, I couldn’t even be arsed being that persistent.

Damn I haven’t had a girlfriend in eleven months.

It’s strange though I’m not too bothered.

Or am I?

Appreciate me!

:lol:

I don't think it's strange. :shrug:

I don't know, I'm 15 and that was my first boyfriend although I have a guy friend I'm pretty close to that I've sort of dated it's hard to say.

Anyway I don't think it's healthy to need a boyfriend/girlfriend. I mean if I was in my 40s and hadn't had a serious relationship I'd be depressed as hell. But an 11 month break at age 18 isn't exactly the same. :wink:

anyway I appreciate you :drool:

isn't that enough? isn't it dammit!? :angry:

Yeah I know, I find it ridiculous that my little sister who is two years younger than you is seemingly overtly concerned with guys “liking” girls.

Evolution strikes again. :wink:

The fact that so many young teenagers ingratiate themselves so fully into that mindset sickens me to be honest.

I really didn't care until I was sixteen.

Ah the joys of youth.

Your appreciation is appreciated by this self deprecating soul.

Ah shite I’m having a trivial conversation.
:sad:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom