You know you love it: Top 5 failed marriage proposals ON VIDEO!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Varitek said:
If someone proposed to me on TV I would say no just for their idiocy. Same goes for a stadium sporting event.

Stadium sporting event with a game going on is the ultimate cheeseball move. Do you really need 40,000 people to applaud or are you just afraid she'll say no if you don't do it with 40,000 people providing ample pressure?

I've seen a lot, going to a lot of baseball games. They are silly. Though if it was gonna be done, the ring should be hidden in the cracker jack box as the prize.

The last one was ridiculous. Or should I say, redikhilous.

I still think the first one is the best. That couple is so irritating. I think the girl must be a writer, or a liberal arts student or something. God, she's irritating.

I did not watch any of these

but I hope the guys don't give up

it is a numbers game :up:

and a stadium is a pretty large pool

you would think out of thousands of women

they could get one yes :shrug:

Canadiens1160 said:
I think the girl must be a writer, or a liberal arts student or something.

I've been two of those three things. Actually, all three. :angry:

I seriously think they're all acting, except for the one where she runs off the court, and the weird guy at the end. (I love how the person who posted it misspelled "coffee.")

...and we sat on the club level

randhail said:

Stadium sporting event with a game going on is the ultimate cheeseball move. Do you really need 40,000 people to applaud or are you just afraid she'll say no if you don't do it with 40,000 people providing ample pressure?

Call me a cheeseball, but proposing to your girlfriend right in front of her favorite Red Sox players (she was feet from Youkilis and Lowell warming up) right before you throw out the first pitch suited me well!

Get back to me when you 1) have a girlfriend, 2) she is a bigger Red Sox fan than you, and 3) when you get to throw out a first pitch at a MLB game! :wink:

My favorite was the sap doing the Say Anything routine. Nothing reeks more of cliche then that. And to make matters worse, he chose that dreadful song from The Wedding Singer. That dude's lucky she didn't start throwing objects at him.

Re: ...and we sat on the club level

zonelistener said:

Call me a cheeseball, but proposing to your girlfriend right in front of her favorite Red Sox players (she was feet from Youkilis and Lowell warming up) right before you throw out the first pitch suited me well!

Get back to me when you 1) have a girlfriend, 2) she is a bigger Red Sox fan than you, and 3) when you get to throw out a first pitch at a MLB game! :wink:

:up:

I don't think it is a bad idea in general, and I think it is quite a romantic thing to do, but I also think it is a matter of personal preference.

If a guy asked me to marry him in front of a stadium of people, that would tell me he didn't know me that well at all. I would just be embarrassed about it and would probably run off like the girl at the basketball game.

MrPryck2U said:
My favorite was the sap doing the Say Anything routine. Nothing reeks more of cliche then that. And to make matters worse, he chose that dreadful song from The Wedding Singer. That dude's lucky she didn't start throwing objects at him.

Say Anything routine? What´s that?

I thought the most painful one to watch was the basketball game proposal. Ouch. :huh:

I think it all comes down to the couple. If she isn't a sports fan, but just goes because she knows you like it, then don't fucking propose at a sporting event. If she's never seen the movie 'Say Anything' and it doesn't have some kind of special meaning to you two, then you are just copying someone else.

But by no means ever let anyone else ask the question other than yourself; don't let the jumbotron, don't let the banner behind the airplane, don't let the skywriting team, etc... If the words can't actually come out of your mouth, then you probably aren't ready.

*Unless you are mute, then have at it...

Here Here, I recently posted my proposal video on here and it was in front of hundreds of people onstage, I would have been devistaed if she said no.

I don't get proposing in front of a crowd of people. To me the proposal should be an intimate moment between two people, not shared with a bunch of strangers. I wouldn't even want to be proposed to in front of friends and family. I would just feel like I was being pressured to say yes. It might be OK if you were sure your intended was 100 percent cool with that sort of thing before you did it, but otherwise, I think it would be best to keep it private. If you must announce it to the world, why not wait til you get a "yes' in private and then put "She said yes!!" on the Jumbotron or in skywriting or whatever?

Back
Top Bottom