you know you got your daddy's DESCRIBE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My world won't stop exploding!

First, I finally got my ZooTV DVD on Tuesday. Then Wednesday my U2 by U2 book came in the mail. And of course season three of Lost premiered Wednesday too.

The world's moving too fast and I need a chance to breathe. But omg U2 by U2 so good. So, so, so good. So good I would eat it/sleep with it/wear it, if it weren't you know, a book.

i've had the book for 2 weeks and i haven't read it yet :reject:

i have looked through cover to cover but not read.

I'm up to page 34. I'm enjoying everyone else's bits better than Bono's. Mainly because Bono never shuts up, so I've heard a lot of his stories before. Edge is hilarious in his randomness. Larry is the only one that keeps swearing. Fantastic stuff.

I've flipped through it and looked at a number of the pictures, but not all of them, that way as I read it, I can have fresh pictures to accompany the text. I was pleased to see a Zoo era photo with Bono's arms around Madonna. My brother adores her, and we knew they'd met, but there didn't appear to be any photos of them together anywhere. Also, that one AB photoshoot with the band in drag.... I've now seen enough of Edge's hairy legs and stomach for four lifetimes :crack:

^ Shocking, I know :tongue:

I'm slightly hyper. I'm high off of all the U2 (and Lost!) goodness, and I've also been eating chocolate. A lot of chocolate. Have you ever had American chocolate?

err no i haven't, you'll have to send me some.

please don't spoil Lost, i'm stying out of the dicussion thread

^ I won't spoil it :)

American chocolate sucks so bad. Trust me, you don't want any. I eat it because it's cheap, and my parents keep buying it. But I'd prefer European chocolate any day :drool:

But if you really want one, I will totally send you a Hershey's bar :tongue:

I like expensive stuff imported from Germany and Switzerland :wink:

We can't even get real Cadbury's here, because it's not imported. It's manufactured here by Hershey's. And guess what? It tastes a lot like Hershey's regular chocolate! :der: It makes me feel so cheated.

I want to go to Hershey, Pennsylvania though. How cool is it that we have a city named after a chocolate company? They say the whole place smells like chocolate because of the factory :drool:

Now if only it were good chocolate!

But I don't really mind Hershey's that much. I mean, it doesn't taste the way chocolate is supposed to taste (in my opinion). But it tastes like my childhood :) Eating it reminds me of s'mores. Ever had s'mores? :drool:

Gooey melted marshmallow and melty chocolate sandwiched between graham crackers. Traditionally you skewer the marshmallow on a stick and cook it in a campfire. Indoors, s'mores are easily made in a microwave. Though, with microwaving, you don't really get that blackened-marshmallow taste (the trick is to get it to catch on fire). They actually sell indoor s'mores cooking kits, which are almost like little bunsen burners, just for roasting marshmallows. I find that ridiculous. A candle works just fine. All you really need is a FLAME. Hell, if you're determined enough, you can even get a marshmallow to catch fire on an electric stove.

Brian Williams is the anchor for NBC Nightly News, but he's also really cool, and he went to Africa with Bono earlier this year. Right before he went, he was on Conan and talked about Bono and how when Bono called to invite him to go to Africa, he was picking up his dry cleaning, and didn't answer the phone, and then he checked his voice mail, and saw that he'd missed a call from Bono :lol:

Anyway, Conan brought that up (because Conan is awesome and loves U2) and so he basically said something like "Last time you were here, you're were getting ready to go to Africa with Bono."

NBC.com will probably have a clip up later in the day, but Brian Williams said he had a wonderful time with Bono, and said something like "it was almost in a mancrush sort of way", and the audience just went nuts :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom