You know what, OK Computer is growing on me pretty quick.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
When I first bought this album it took me a while to actually listen to, and I got to Fitter Happier then turned the CD off, thinking only Let Down was good, with Karma Police ok.

But now I am not completely indifferent to it. There's no songs I would rate 5/5, but it certainly has its moments.

Airbag I'm really liking, mainly for the "in an interstellar burst, I am back to save the universe" line. Paranoid Android is still to me just a bag of noise. Subterranean Homesick Alien is pretty cool, love the 'uptight' lines.

Exit Music is boring and sounds like someone's reading a suicide note, and the lyrics don't exactly inspire anything fantastic... Let Down is probably one of the best tracks, great chorus, vocals, music, good outro (missing some lines)?

Karma Police is good, but not all that its cracked up to be... a cool outro, a very Sexy Sadieish bit in the middle there.

Fitter Happier. No.

Electrioneering is pretty cool, really rocking, like the musical work better than the vocals though. Climbing up the Walls might be one of my favourites, i love how it builds and builds. Awesome.

No Surprises is pretty light but I really like that as well, sounds great. Lucky, not so much, Just doesn't do much for me, as with The Tourist.

As much as I dont wanna say it, this album is alright. Defintiely a grower, just wanted to express that!

COBL_04 said:
Paranoid Android is still to me just a bag of noise.

:yikes: I'm not too sure about that. I would maybe give Paranoid Android another listen or two.

That's cool that it is at least growing on you, though. :up: Definitely a classic album.

It took me a while to get into it, too. My first Radiohead album was Kid A, and to this day it's my favorite. But I can definitely swing to The Bends and Ok Computer, maybe even In Rainbows now. The only album that flat-out bores me is Hail to the Theif.

What really made OK Computer work for me was sort of letting it saturate. I would read or play computer games or draw while listening, and after a few weeks I just sat there in the dark with the headphones on and it clicked. Near perfection.

COBL_04 said:
yeah i know most people reckon its pretty great, but im just not getting it at the mo.
Exactly the same thing with me, it gradually evolved from what sounded like a collection of crap sounds into something that sounds majestic and exciting.....so much so that it's been solid in my top 10 albums of all time, even hitting No.3 at one stage.

A corker of a disc, ant it will continue to impress you over time. There's so much to love, even Fitter Happier. SOme marvellous sounds accompanying that vocal.

The most remarkable thing is that while it remains R'head's best album, In Rainbows and Kid A are top top albums too

UnforgettableLemon said:
The only album that flat-out bores me is Hail to the Theif.

You know what? I was in the same camp a while ago. I tried to like HTTT but I just couldn't crack it, other than There There I seriously hated every other song...

But then something happened and it clicked somehow and now I can honestly say it's one of my favourites...

COBL_04 said:
Exit Music is boring and sounds like someone's reading a suicide note, and the lyrics don't exactly inspire anything fantastic...

I'm surprised you haven't been flamed to hell yet for saying that! :lol:

I was sat outside and listening to this album one time last summer. And It just felt right to me. I've always loved that album, but at that moment I understood it. You need to give it time.

The Bends is flaws. It's mortal. It has some songs that are considerably less than good.

OK Computer is perfect. :drool: Now you know the difference. :happy:

Re: Re: You know what, OK Computer is growing on me pretty quick.

Zootlesque said:

Mate, so am I! :lol:

Which is the one with Fake Plastic Trees on it?? Is that The Bends? Cos I want to get that... and I've also noted a lot of good vibes coming from people talking about In Rainbows.

Re: Re: Re: You know what, OK Computer is growing on me pretty quick.

COBL_04 said:

Mate, so am I! :lol:

Which is the one with Fake Plastic Trees on it?? Is that The Bends? Cos I want to get that... and I've also noted a lot of good vibes coming from people talking about In Rainbows.

Get The Radiohead Best Of maybe.....comes out in June...and has about 7 tracks from Bends on it...and will give you a sample of all other albums (except for In Rainbows)

Re: Re: You know what, OK Computer is growing on me pretty quick.

Zootlesque said:
COBL_04 said:
Exit Music is boring and sounds like someone's reading a suicide note, and the lyrics don't exactly inspire anything fantastic...

I wasn't here for a couple of days... :shifty:

That said, go wash your mouth!
Exit Music (For A Film) is a wonderful song! :heart: I also really like the lyrics and the idea for the song.
FYI: This song is inspired by the Romeo & Juliet story. What if, instead of trying to having their families accept their love with the disastrous ending, they had just ran away, together?

It's one of the highlights of OK Computer for me. :up:

Listened to Amnesiac on the way to work this morning... got the day started as it should.

Man... the second half of that disc is SOOOO involving. (I like Amnes. Morning Bell slightly better than Kid A version... It's too beautiful)

Oh, ya, we're discussing OKC... it's queued up for the ride home!! :p

I would gladly post in a Veronica Mars thread.

Season 1 of that show is one of the best seasons of television that these eyes have ever seen.

And in the thread I could post some choice pictures of Kristen Bell if I give my right hand a good rest.

Back
Top Bottom