You Keep Me Now Playing On Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlene - I've Never Been To Me
(from the V/A boxset Motown: The Complete No. 1's)

into: Stevie Wonder - Do I Do

Stevie Wonder - Never Dreamed You'd Leave In Summer (Stereo Promo Version)
(from the V/A boxset The Complete Motown Singles Volume 11A: 1971)

that whole thing about pandora picking songs based off the sounding alive vs. typical trends is total bullshit, but occasionally some stuff comes up back to back that does match. rancid - you want it, you got it...then the bounging souls - manthem. except then they went with johnny cash, which normally i have no problem with (cocaine blues is a good song), but if it wasn't for current punk rock bands' sudden embrace of the man in black and unspoken innauguration into the unofficial punk rock hall of fame (which i also have no problem with, because the man was punk fuckin rock n roll) once he died, no one would really have ever bothered to make the connection from a musical similarity standpoint outside of well...social distortion covered "ring of fire" before it was really cool to do stuff like that. gaelic storm's "go home girl" sounds nothing like bad religion's "honest goodbye." but those dropkick murphys fans might like both, i guess. which is probably why i do enjoy all these bands. must just be that i'm cranky that 1) pandora knows me better than i'd like to admit and 2) and while it rarely plays stuff i don't like when i tell it to start up something from any given punk rock band, i just wish it wasn't so much like shuffle on my ipod sometimes. or because when it played a live version of flogging molly's "what's left of the flag," i realized that girl that bit me at an FM show several years ago now still has somewhat ruined one of my previously favorite songs of theirs.

that whole thing about pandora picking songs based off the sounding alive vs. typical trends is total bullshit, but occasionally some stuff comes up back to back that does match. rancid - you want it, you got it...then the bounging souls - manthem. except then they went with johnny cash, which normally i have no problem with (cocaine blues is a good song), but if it wasn't for current punk rock bands' sudden embrace of the man in black and unspoken innauguration into the unofficial punk rock hall of fame (which i also have no problem with, because the man was punk fuckin rock n roll) once he died, no one would really have ever bothered to make the connection from a musical similarity standpoint outside of well...social distortion covered "ring of fire" before it was really cool to do stuff like that. gaelic storm's "go home girl" sounds nothing like bad religion's "honest goodbye." but those dropkick murphys fans might like both, i guess. which is probably why i do enjoy all these bands. must just be that i'm cranky that 1) pandora knows me better than i'd like to admit and 2) and while it rarely plays stuff i don't like when i tell it to start up something from any given punk rock band, i just wish it wasn't so much like shuffle on my ipod sometimes. or because when it played a live version of flogging molly's "what's left of the flag," i realized that girl that bit me at an FM show several years ago now still has somewhat ruined one of my previously favorite songs of theirs.

:heart:

The Jayhawks - Crowded In The Wings
(from Hollywood Town Hall)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom