You ever feel like you grew up in the wrong decade?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ever feel that way?

• yes

Votes: 40 58.8%
  • no

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • :happy:

Votes: 16 23.5%

• Total voters

UberBeaver

Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
I grew up mostly in the late 80s (not my scene) and the 90s (kinda my scene), but I think I would have been better off in either the 50s, 60s or 70s. Shit just seems to have been ruled more by common sense back then. Less paranoia. Better music. :drool:

all the time man i would have loved the 60's and 70's :drool: :drool:
the doors ,the stones, led zep, janis joplin ,
and then i would have had the chance to be a total u2 groupie in the 80's :drool: :drool: :drool:

Born in the 60s - though I think I would have liked to have seen what the Beatles craze was like, instead of being born in the year they came! (I voted no BTW)

Last edited:
I was born in '82, but I feel like I really would have enjoyed being older in the 80's and able to fully appreciate it.

bono_212 said:
I should've been born in the 60s, and been able to grow up in the 70s and 80s
:sigh:

I agree with this. Not only for better music, but far, far better sport, and the world just seemed to be a little less uptight back then.

Plus no bloody computers :rant:

I'm actually still debating about this, a lot of people tell me I should've been my age in the 60s because I'd have been one of the greatest hippies the world has ever seen :hmm:

I was so made for the 60's. :( I appreciate the 90's and all, but it's just not as cool. I'm just glad I wasn't born in the 80's. :yuck: :wink:

I voted no...

I was born in 1951; I experienced Elvis, the Beatles, the 60's hippie-scene, Vietnam (this close to going) and then life as we know it now...I had one steady girlfriend/wife from 1967 to 1983...kissed a lot of frogs until I met BAW in 1988 and never looked back..we married in 1995... later, we'll look back at our Wonder Years and laugh at what we've accomplished or fucked up...its all good...

Mr. BAW said:
I voted no...

I was born in 1951; I experienced Elvis, the Beatles, the 60's hippie-scene, Vietnam (this close to going) and then life as we know it now...I had one steady girlfriend/wife from 1967 to 1983...kissed a lot of frogs until I met BAW in 1988 and never looked back..we married in 1995... later, we'll look back at our Wonder Years and laugh at what we've accomplished or fucked up...its all good...

:cute:

I should have been born sometime between 1,000 and 325 BC, in Greece. I'd have liked that, I think.

I don't think that I'd have been a good hippie, so the 60's might not have been the deacde for me, interesting as that period was, and, I was born in 1970 so I experienced that decade and it didn't do much for me.

The late 30's-40's interest me greatly.

Seriously Mr. Baw, I think I got a little teary when I read that...mostly I think cause I was listening to What a Wonderful World while doing so but still!

I voted Yes........i should have been an 80's teenager instead i was a 90's girl, the fashion was crap, the hair was boring except of course the Jennifer Anniston, everyone sported that look. Remember cullottes (big baggy pants) *ewww*....the music,meh!Except of course POP ERA :wink: but i was alone in that scene, most of my buddies did not share my love of U2!

I was a teen-ager in the '80s and at the time I thought I should have been born in the '60s. But now that I'm older I'm not so sure. The music may have been amazing in the '60s, but even though I was never a Valley Girl I don't think I would have been a very good hippie either.

I voted yes. Half the time I feel like I was born on the wrong fing planet so yes is a dead cert.

also, I think I'd have done much better in the tight sweater decade than the as little clothing as possible decade/ aside

Last edited:
snowbunny00774 said:
Half the time I feel like I was born on the wrong fing planet so yes is a dead cert.

Aha! Another one for the "Do you feel you were born on the wrong planet?" poll. Now that's a poll I could vote in! :yes:

I should have been born sometime between 1,000 and 325 BC, in Greece. I'd have liked that, I think.

Man, me too. How rad would that be?

Seriously, sometimes I think it would have been stellar to live in a way, way earlier period of history. I know people here are all saying they'd make hell of good hippies - I think I'd make a pretty good Spartan.

Of the last century, I would have loved to have been born around the 1900s-1910s. Would love to live the 30s and 40s.

Definitely born in the wrong decade.

I was going to say sometimes I feel like I was born on the wrong planet too. :lol: Really, though, I wonder sometimes!

I'm content with the era I grew up in, even though I thought the 80s were crap and the 90s not much better. The most fulfilling part of the 00s for me is that I'm musically happy...if anyone understands that. :scratch:

fly so high! said:
^ *Confused* Why....Is he sick? I think i may have missed something:scratch:

He's not acting in films anymore so he can concentrate full time on his job at the Old Vic in London

Hell yes. I was born at least 200 decades too early. Where the fuck is my hyperspace starcruiser?

I grew up in the 90's, so yes. :|
Would have liked to have been born in like, the late 50's or early 60's.

Even if it would mean being an artifact now. :happy:

Born in '85, I would've liked to have been born in about 75.

Then I would've been conscious of how the beautiful the 1990s were, instead of being some dumb kid who couldn't appreciate the sweetness of the time I was growing up in, and now we're stuck in the noughties, arguably the worst decade since the 40s.

I would've been a flanelette grunge kid...oh, such an amazing thought.

Back
Top Bottom