You ever feel like you grew up in the wrong decade?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ever feel that way?

• yes

Votes: 40 58.8%
  • no

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • :happy:

Votes: 16 23.5%

• Total voters
U2democrat said:
I totally should have hit my youth in the 60s. The music, the styles, and I could have supported Bobby Kennedy. Instead I was born in the 80s :p

Same here :yes:

Born in '88, think I would have 'fitted' in more a couple of decades earlier :wink:

Yes, definately.... I should've been at least 10 years older.... People my age just bore me because especially guys are too chidlish... I can get along with people much older than me fine, and I prefer music from the 80s over todays'crap... ><

I should have been born in London in the 50s. :grumpy: Then I could have experienced the late 60s music scene in the London underground and 70s prog rock in all its glory.

What did I get instead? Late 90s pop groups and the current stream of musical mediocrity.

I was born in '94 :sigh: My personality fits into the 60's though. I'm not that into the new rap and hip-hop and what nots. Look at me, I've been to 2 Paul McCartney concerts, 3 U2 concerts, a Police concert, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and soon the White Stripes! Either I have boy-genes, or I'm a total 60's gal :wink: I'd love love LOVE to have gotten to at least see John Lennon while he was alive. The Beatles are my favorite :sad: and I'd give anything to see them all together. So I'd have to vote YES.

JanuaryStar said:

Same here :yes:

Born in '88, think I would have 'fitted' in more a couple of decades earlier :wink:

Same, but it's '89 for me. Haha.

Would have loved to be around for The Beatles, Cream, Rolling Stones...dang

though that'd make me my parent's age..which would suck

My college roommates hate most of the music I like, especially the classic rock stuff...I would love to be around that stuff

I was born in 1984 and don't reall have a "decade". My parents weren't into mainstream 80s stuff, so I missed out on 80s music, 80s fashion, tv shows, etc. I didn't start listening to music, caring about fashion, and watching popular TV shows until 1998 or so and it hasn't really changed that much.

My mom used to show me pics of her adolescence and all the fun stuff she did, the wacky styles, the long hair...I wish I grew up in the 70s.

Last edited:
i wish i could have been in Paris in the 1920s.

i suppose i wish i were born maybe 5 years earlier so i could have been a bit more able to participate in the early 1990s. musically, and not just because of AB, it was a very interesting time. for movies as well.

i do kind of agree that the noughties suck.

ylimeU2 said:
I was born in '82, but I feel like I really would have enjoyed being older in the 80's and able to fully appreciate it.

Same here. I am OBSESSED with 80s music and wish that I had been able to pay more attention when it was current.

ylimeU2 said:
I was born in '82, but I feel like I really would have enjoyed being older in the 80's and able to fully appreciate it.

ILuvLarryMullen said:

Same here. I am OBSESSED with 80s music and wish that I had been able to pay more attention when it was current.

As someone who was born in 1974, and fully aware in the 80s, I can objectively say there was a lot of crap :wink: I don't regret my Duran Duran phase, however...so that must mean something.

I'm happy with my decade. Ultimately, I'd like to time travel through them all. :drool:

I was born in 1969, but I feel like I should have been born in about 1959. I think that 1976 or 1977 would have been the best time to be a teenager. I remember being a little kid at that time and it looked like all the teenagers were having so much fun!! Plus I just love 1970's style music. It was great being an early U2 fan though. Back when I was in high school no one knew who the they were (until the Joshua Tree came out my senior year):ohmy:

nightninja56 said:

Same, but it's '89 for me. Haha.

Would have loved to be around for The Beatles, Cream, Rolling Stones...dang

though that'd make me my parent's age..which would suck

My college roommates hate most of the music I like, especially the classic rock stuff...I would love to be around that stuff

Same here :rockon:

I would have liked to grow up with U2 just starting out.

That would require me being born 20-25 years earlier though...

GibsonGirl said:
I should have been born in London in the 50s. :grumpy: Then I could have experienced the late 60s music scene in the London underground and 70s prog rock in all its glory.

What did I get instead? Late 90s pop groups and the current stream of musical mediocrity.

:up:

I wanted to chill with Andy Warhol.

I was born in '87, but a lot of the time, I feel as if I should've been born in the 70's so I could actually experience and remember the 80's. Though I would be a decade older than I am now.

I wish I was born in the 20's and yes this sounds crazy, but I wish I fought in WW 2. Plus the music scene back then. :drool:

GibsonGirl said:

:sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom