You ever been on a speed boat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cowgirl

War Child
Yesterday some friends and I went on this Action Adventure speedboat in Sydney Harbour and it was awesome.
It wasnt just any ole speedboat, more in the extreme sports category and we had to be strapped in with a belt and a metal bar.
The sun was beating down on the last day of winter, the weather here is unbelievable at the moment. We are so lucky!

The driver did all all these spins and would warn us when he was going to do them, we had to cheer and count down and the louder we did, the bigger the spin. :laugh:
As usual I sat in the wrong spot, and got absolutely drenched. I swallowed about a litre of Sydney Harbour and that wasn't too thrilling to say the least.

It was SO MUCH FUN and wild as can be. I LOOOOOVE going fast, lovve cars, planes, and now fast boats!!!! :D
If u have anything like this in your part of the world I suggest you try it out. It was awesome fun!

Its an amazing way to see the city and man, I realized that I truly live in one of the most beautiful cities in the world.
You guys must all come to Sydney, I demand it!

Anyone ever do anything like this?
Im really thinking maybe I'd enjoy more stuff like this. I wont be jumping out of planes anytime soon, but fast stuff I like like like!!

Ive done that! A friend of mine works in the tourism biz and we went on it before it was 'open', kinda as guinea pigs, kinda for them to sell it to the people who are going to end up selling it.

Great fun. I got drenched though.

My buddy had this jet-boat a couple of years ago we used to take to the lakes around Oklahoma. It had a BLOWN 454 cubic inch V8 CHEVY motor, and would rocket across the water at like 90 miles per hour. That is very fast on water!!! He could make it stand almost completely vertical when taking off full thrust! I drove it once but not very fast.

Though I have rode in a few helicopters, I have a dream of riding in a fighter plane. Probably never happen though:D

As far as fast cars, I have one if I ever settle my lawsuit and get it fixed. Fast and beautiful it is! The fastest I have ever traveled was in North Carolina me and a buddy hit in excess of 155 miles per hour in my 95 z28 that I had bearing the license plate Z-EDGE. It was very civilized at that speed, you only knew you were zooming along when you focused on a tree or something.

:heart:

From what little i have seen of Sydney, it is very beautiful.

You should try...

in south florida every August they race the Don Johnson big speed boats on the Ocean off Singer Island..they are so close to the shoreline with about fifteen helicopters just off their booties...just south of West Palm..have pics but didn't drive 'em (I wish)..Smallest I've driven? Everything from an outboard Glastron with a big Johnson motor to an 8cyl/350 in a Larson...biggest I've driven was a Bayliner yacht ..does that qualify?

Yes, Tyles, who knew Sydney Harbour was so salty. My hair felt like it had glue in it for the rest of the day.

ZE, you've just solved my problem. I think a helicopter is next!!!! Wooo hooooooooooo

therulz, did u say Don Johnson speedboats? :scratch:

My friend's family has a big speed boat -- not the extreme type like you're talking about, manda (cause we weren't strapped in) -- but a boat (with a huge engine) that goes very fast. 3 or 4 summers ago I went to his bachelor party at Lake Havasu and we got on that boat and went speeding along the river. It was a blast but a little dangerous for me 'cause we had been drinking mudslides and well those things taste like chocolate shakes and you get really drunk before you know what hit you -- hey it's 105 degrees farenheit outside, you gotta drink -- and so there i was standing on the front deck like i was replaying the scene from Titanic, arms spread and letting the breeze hit my face as we were cruising at like 50mph or something like that. My friend had to pull me back down on to the deck or who knows i may have gone flying off. That's me story.

Big River Country

No, never been in a speed boat myself.
I have mentioned before I live near the Clarence River. Waterskiing is a very popular sport here, but my family aren't into it. My son stayed in town this weekend and had aching muscles when he got home. His mate's dad had taken them skiing for hours on Saturday.. Gee I appreciate people who do nice things like that.
There is what looks to be a good doco on TV this week manda. It follows a woman who overcomes her fear and ends up doing a world record base jump. I have seen something like that before, 2 guys jumped off a cliff in Pakistan. Spectacular, Very Inspirational.
Hang on to your cowgirl hat and have fun.

Back
Top Bottom