You down with O.P.P.?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

You down with O.P.P.?

• Yeah, you know me.

Votes: 28 80.0%
  • it's wrong 'cos I'm splittin' and co-hittin' at

Votes: 7 20.0%

• Total voters
I haven't heard this song since one of my friends broke out her Milennium Hip Hop CD on a road trip a few years ago.

Yeah you know me :wink:

Yo!

As for the ladies, OPP means something gifted
The first two letters are the same but the last is something
different
It's the longest, loveliest, lean-- I call it the leanest
It's another five letter word rhymin' with cleanest and meanest

Word to yo mutha! I'm out....peace!

We have an acronym at work for some big project in HR, and its initials are indeed OPP. There are lots of snickers when it gets mentioned in a meeting. Including one or two from the VPs. :wink:

This was a thing, a little thing, you shouldn't have put your heart
'Cos you know I was OPP, hell from the very start

Him or her for sure is going to admit it
When OPP comes, damn-- skippy I'm with it

Funny thing about this song: It's used in that Persian Gulf War movie, Jarhead. The movie takes place in late 1990- early 1991. Anyway, in the movie, the soldiers sing the song at a party. Here's the funny part, the song hadn't even come out yet, so they shouldn't even be singing it because it came out in late 1991. Fucked up movie by the way.

I've got the song on an MTV Party To Go CD I bought back in the early 90's.

LyricalDrug said:
Didn't OPP stand for Other People's Pu**y? (at least, that was the schoolyard rumor I heard, lol) tsk tsk...

:shame:

:wink:

OPP, how can I explain it, I'll take you frame by frame it to have y'all jumpin' while we singin' it. Ahem. So, O is for Other, P is for People scratchin' temple, lol. The last P...well...that's not that simple, um - OK - it's sorta like another way to call a cat a kitten. It's five little letters that are missin' here. Does that help any?

And also, Reg summed it up nicely:

Reggie Thee Dog said:

As for the ladies, OPP means something different
The first two letters are the same but the last is something
different
It's the longest, loveliest, lean-- I call it the leanest
It's another five letter word rhymin' with cleanest and meanest

UberBeaver said:

OPP, how can I explain it, I'll take you frame by frame it to have y'all jumpin' while we singin' it. Ahem. So, O is for Other, P is for People scratchin' temple, lol. The last P...well...that's not that simple, um - OK - it's sorta like another way to call a cat a kitten. It's five little letters that are missin' here. Does that help any?

And also, Reg summed it up nicely:

I know it rhymes with 'leanest' and 'cleanest'....but since it's only five letters it can't be 'pianist' can it? :scratch:

I'm so :confused:

Back
Top Bottom