You can't spell damn without randooooooooom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
arw9797 said:
well that was easy....I called my mom to see if she wanted to go shopping and she said Ikea and MOA. Ikea is having a huge sale :uhoh:

There are no IKEAs down here........Don't know whether to be grateful or mad about that. I have never been to one.........drove past one, does that count?

~sends mint to you to cover garlic breath

shari schultz said:

There are no IKEAs down here........Don't know whether to be grateful or mad about that. I have never been to one.........drove past one, does that count?

~sends mint to you to cover garlic breath

Ikea is ok. I haven't bought too much from there. When I first moved, I bought a fry pan and some tupperware type stuff. The "non stick" fry pan sucked and the other stuff is ok. Most of it leaks so I've had to buy more reliable stuff. But it got me through my first few months. My dishes are also from Ikea and they are worn looking even though I've only had them for a little over a year.

I do like some of the furniture there. I really need a more modern looking coffee table instead of my grandma's 1950's table. I'm just worried if I bought a table from there that it would fall apart since so far I haven't had much luck with the few things I have gotten from there.

:| We didn't go to Ikea. Drove all the way out to the Mall of America to go to Macy's and that's it. My mom just wanted to stop at Target and come home :|

kellyahern said:
My sister and I went to an Irish Pub today :). A new one opened at Downtown Disney called Raglan's Road. It was good. They had a big painting of Bono on the wall too :wink:

I was just looking at my Disney pictures and thinking I wanna go back :hyper: now I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllly, reaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllly want to go back :scream:

rollercoasters :drool:

kellyahern said:

It reminded me of the place we went to in San Diego :) (but bigger, and with Disney prices :lol: ).

menu:

http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_rag.htm

I LOVE the place in San Diego! There's actually stuff on the menu for me to eat. Irish pubs aren't usually vegetarian friendly, which is odd because pubs in Ireland are very vegetarian friendly :huh: But that place had lots on the menu for me :drool:

shari schultz said:

So were Bono's shades there? :wink:

:lol:

That it would be GREAT!

Unfortunately...they have removed the bust of JPII and now have Ratzinger.

:D

I love the Pope's table. Used to be favorite table to work way back when I worked there....after the Saint's table.

shari schultz said:

I was just looking at my Disney pictures and thinking I wanna go back :hyper: now I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllly, reaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllly want to go back :scream:

rollercoasters :drool:

:up: Shari, you arent that far from Great America. Do you go there often? Raging Bull and Viper are good coasters.

Blue Room said:

:up: Shari, you arent that far from Great America. Do you go there often? Raging Bull and Viper are good coasters.

I :love: Raging Bull and Viper :love: !!!

I have gotten stuck on the standing rollercoaster, wolf something, on a cold, cold, cold, wet, autumn night. One hour seemed like 5 hours.........Brrrrr..........

Superman was interesting......I was ok, but the rollercoaster loving friend I go with, really didn't care for the restraining of her legs/feet. All the way up the first hill she was freaking out...........

shari schultz said:

So were Bono's shades there? :wink:

:lmao:

If they were I might have been tempted to take them :shifty:

It was funny ART was a little freaked out by the pope staring at her. There was also a picture of Pope John Paul in which T kept swearing it looked like he was making an obscene jesture.

Then it was brought up that it sounded like Tabs was talking into a mic to which Ms. M stated it must be the wee wee effect....she had noticed that the cherubs on the ceiling and a statue next to us had explosed wee wee's. What effect exposed wee wee's have on acoustics I don't know.

shari schultz said:

I :love: Raging Bull and Viper :love: !!!

I have gotten stuck on the standing rollercoaster, wolf something, on a cold, cold, cold, wet, autumn night. One hour seemed like 5 hours.........Brrrrr..........

Superman was interesting......I was ok, but the rollercoaster loving friend I go with, really didn't care for the restraining of her legs/feet. All the way up the first hill she was freaking out...........

Iron Wolf is what it was called. It was not a friendly ride for males! :yikes: I rode it ONE time while it was there as a result. :laugh:

Was Superman a good ride? I havent been there since that was built. I think I may go back this coming summer. I want to go to the Tut exhibit in Chicago then and I figure I can make a two day trip out of it and hit Great America also.

zoney! said:

:lol:

That it would be GREAT!

Unfortunately...they have removed the bust of JPII and now have Ratzinger.

:D

I love the Pope's table. Used to be favorite table to work way back when I worked there....after the Saint's table.

They've switched out ours too.

I totally thought of you tonight! We had the chicken sultanbuca, chicken marsala, spagetti w/marinara,tortellini,bruschetta :drool:,garlic bread with mozzerella,calamari, mixed salad and the tomato and spinach salad.

Blue Room said:

Iron Wolf is what it was called. It was not a friendly ride for males! :yikes: I rode it ONE time while it was there as a result. :laugh:

Was Superman a good ride? I havent been there since that was built. I think I may go back this coming summer. I want to go to the Tut exhibit in Chicago then and I figure I can make a two day trip out of it and hit Great America also.

Ahhhhhhhh yes, Iron Wolf, I believe you :yes: when you say it is not a friendly ride for males. I really enjoyed the head rattling back and forth between the padded(?) cushions. *advil* They really could get rid of that one.

I am glad I tried Superman, but would I stand in a huge line to ride it again, no. EMPTY your pockets before you ride. I wonder how much $$$$$$ they make each day from people who don't. TONS of change, a cell phone or 2 and I really enjoyed the shoe.........Don't wanna know how it ended up down there but do want to know what that person did for the rest of the day at the park...........The ride area is also not landscaped very well........*spoiled by Disney and Universal*

Kariann said:

I totally thought of you tonight! We had the chicken sultanbuca, chicken marsala, spagetti w/marinara,tortellini,bruschetta :drool:,garlic bread with mozzerella,calamari, mixed salad and the tomato and spinach salad.

The saltimboca is my FAVORITE. It is so amazing!

I am not a big calamari fan...but the calamari there I like. Weird.

Next time...try the macaroni rosa. It doesn't sound like much, but it is SOOOO good (one of my other favorites).

zoney! said:

The saltimboca is my FAVORITE. It is so amazing!

I am not a big calamari fan...but the calamari there I like. Weird.

Next time...try the macaroni rosa. It doesn't sound like much, but it is SOOOO good (one of my other favorites).

The saltimboca we first got as a special and were :hyper: when they put it on the menu!

We were surprised that the sauce for the calamari there had a bit of a kick to it.

I'll have to remember the macaroni rosa...I should have asked you for recommendations earlier today when we were on here!

shari schultz said:

Ahhhhhhhh yes, Iron Wolf, I believe you :yes: when you say it is not a friendly ride for males. I really enjoyed the head rattling back and forth between the padded(?) cushions. *advil* They really could get rid of that one.

I am glad I tried Superman, but would I stand in a huge line to ride it again, no. EMPTY your pockets before you ride. I wonder how much $$$$$$ they make each day from people who don't. TONS of change, a cell phone or 2 and I really enjoyed the shoe.........Don't wanna know how it ended up down there but do want to know what that person did for the rest of the day at the park...........The ride area is also not landscaped very well........*spoiled by Disney and Universal*

Yeah, they should tear down Iron Wolf. They got rid of their other spine cracker Shock Wave and put up Superman in its place. I agree about the landscaping. Unfortunately Great America is infamous for building new attractions right over the existing parking lot and leaving the pavement from the lot there instead of landscaping. :shrug: Not very attractive.

Blue Room said:

Yeah, they should tear down Iron Wolf. They got rid of their other spine cracker Shock Wave and put up Superman in its place. I agree about the landscaping. Unfortunately Great America is infamous for building new attractions right over the existing parking lot and leaving the pavement from the lot there instead of landscaping. :shrug: Not very attractive.

I had forgotten about Shockwave! OMG that was horrible..........I remember a group of friends and I were so excited about it and then we rode it and then we all gathered around a bubbler(water fountain for you non-Milwaukeans :wink: ) to take advil.......*Ouch, ooooch, ouch, ouch, ouch*

My friends and I could do a commercial for Advil at Great America, Gurnee................I don't think Great America would like it very much, tho. :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom