You can't spell damn without randooooooooom - Page 16 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-15-2006, 09:22 PM   #226
ONE
love, blood, life
 
zoney!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: six metro locations
Posts: 11,293
Local Time: 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by shari schultz


So were Bono's shades there?


That it would be GREAT!

Unfortunately...they have removed the bust of JPII and now have Ratzinger.



I love the Pope's table. Used to be favorite table to work way back when I worked there....after the Saint's table.
__________________

__________________
zoney! is offline  
Old 01-15-2006, 09:25 PM   #227
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Blue Room's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: MICHIGAN, GO BLUE!
Posts: 7,612
Local Time: 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by shari schultz


I was just looking at my Disney pictures and thinking I wanna go back now I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllly, reaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllly want to go back

rollercoasters
Shari, you arent that far from Great America. Do you go there often? Raging Bull and Viper are good coasters.
__________________

__________________
Blue Room is offline  
Old 01-15-2006, 09:41 PM   #228
ONE
love, blood, life
 
shari schultz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Sconnie
Posts: 11,102
Local Time: 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Room


Shari, you arent that far from Great America. Do you go there often? Raging Bull and Viper are good coasters.
I Raging Bull and Viper !!!

I have gotten stuck on the standing rollercoaster, wolf something, on a cold, cold, cold, wet, autumn night. One hour seemed like 5 hours.........Brrrrr..........

Superman was interesting......I was ok, but the rollercoaster loving friend I go with, really didn't care for the restraining of her legs/feet. All the way up the first hill she was freaking out...........
__________________
shari schultz is offline  
Old 01-15-2006, 09:43 PM   #229
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Kariann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
Posts: 12,551
Local Time: 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by shari schultz


So were Bono's shades there?



If they were I might have been tempted to take them

It was funny ART was a little freaked out by the pope staring at her. There was also a picture of Pope John Paul in which T kept swearing it looked like he was making an obscene jesture.

Then it was brought up that it sounded like Tabs was talking into a mic to which Ms. M stated it must be the wee wee effect....she had noticed that the cherubs on the ceiling and a statue next to us had explosed wee wee's. What effect exposed wee wee's have on acoustics I don't know.
__________________
Kariann is offline  
Old 01-15-2006, 09:45 PM   #230
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Blue Room's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: MICHIGAN, GO BLUE!
Posts: 7,612
Local Time: 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by shari schultz


I Raging Bull and Viper !!!

I have gotten stuck on the standing rollercoaster, wolf something, on a cold, cold, cold, wet, autumn night. One hour seemed like 5 hours.........Brrrrr..........

Superman was interesting......I was ok, but the rollercoaster loving friend I go with, really didn't care for the restraining of her legs/feet. All the way up the first hill she was freaking out...........
Iron Wolf is what it was called. It was not a friendly ride for males! I rode it ONE time while it was there as a result.

Was Superman a good ride? I havent been there since that was built. I think I may go back this coming summer. I want to go to the Tut exhibit in Chicago then and I figure I can make a two day trip out of it and hit Great America also.
__________________
Blue Room is offline  
Old 01-15-2006, 09:45 PM   #231
ONE
love, blood, life
 
shari schultz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Sconnie
Posts: 11,102
Local Time: 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by zoney!




That it would be GREAT!

Unfortunately...they have removed the bust of JPII and now have Ratzinger.



I love the Pope's table. Used to be favorite table to work way back when I worked there....after the Saint's table.
True confession time:

Ratzinger~ whenever I hear that name I think of John Ratzenberger aka Cliff Claven............Cheers

I am thinking that this article is why

http://datelinehollywood.com/archive...amed-new-pope/
__________________
shari schultz is offline  
Old 01-15-2006, 09:46 PM   #232
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Kariann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
Posts: 12,551
Local Time: 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by zoney!




That it would be GREAT!

Unfortunately...they have removed the bust of JPII and now have Ratzinger.



I love the Pope's table. Used to be favorite table to work way back when I worked there....after the Saint's table.
They've switched out ours too.

I totally thought of you tonight! We had the chicken sultanbuca, chicken marsala, spagetti w/marinara,tortellini,bruschetta ,garlic bread with mozzerella,calamari, mixed salad and the tomato and spinach salad.
__________________
Kariann is offline  
Old 01-15-2006, 09:54 PM   #233
ONE
love, blood, life
 
shari schultz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Sconnie
Posts: 11,102
Local Time: 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Room


Iron Wolf is what it was called. It was not a friendly ride for males! I rode it ONE time while it was there as a result.

Was Superman a good ride? I havent been there since that was built. I think I may go back this coming summer. I want to go to the Tut exhibit in Chicago then and I figure I can make a two day trip out of it and hit Great America also.
Ahhhhhhhh yes, Iron Wolf, I believe you when you say it is not a friendly ride for males. I really enjoyed the head rattling back and forth between the padded(?) cushions. *advil* They really could get rid of that one.

I am glad I tried Superman, but would I stand in a huge line to ride it again, no. EMPTY your pockets before you ride. I wonder how much $$$$$$ they make each day from people who don't. TONS of change, a cell phone or 2 and I really enjoyed the shoe.........Don't wanna know how it ended up down there but do want to know what that person did for the rest of the day at the park...........The ride area is also not landscaped very well........*spoiled by Disney and Universal*
__________________
shari schultz is offline  
Old 01-15-2006, 09:55 PM   #234
ONE
love, blood, life
 
zoney!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: six metro locations
Posts: 11,293
Local Time: 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Kariann

I totally thought of you tonight! We had the chicken sultanbuca, chicken marsala, spagetti w/marinara,tortellini,bruschetta ,garlic bread with mozzerella,calamari, mixed salad and the tomato and spinach salad.
The saltimboca is my FAVORITE. It is so amazing!

I am not a big calamari fan...but the calamari there I like. Weird.

Next time...try the macaroni rosa. It doesn't sound like much, but it is SOOOO good (one of my other favorites).
__________________
zoney! is offline  
Old 01-15-2006, 10:01 PM   #235
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Kariann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
Posts: 12,551
Local Time: 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by zoney!


The saltimboca is my FAVORITE. It is so amazing!

I am not a big calamari fan...but the calamari there I like. Weird.

Next time...try the macaroni rosa. It doesn't sound like much, but it is SOOOO good (one of my other favorites).
The saltimboca we first got as a special and were when they put it on the menu!

We were surprised that the sauce for the calamari there had a bit of a kick to it.

I'll have to remember the macaroni rosa...I should have asked you for recommendations earlier today when we were on here!
__________________
Kariann is offline  
Old 01-15-2006, 10:05 PM   #236
ONE
love, blood, life
 
zoney!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: six metro locations
Posts: 11,293
Local Time: 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Kariann
I'll have to remember the macaroni rosa...I should have asked you for recommendations earlier today when we were on here!
you can always call me!
__________________
zoney! is offline  
Old 01-15-2006, 10:10 PM   #237
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Blue Room's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: MICHIGAN, GO BLUE!
Posts: 7,612
Local Time: 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by shari schultz


Ahhhhhhhh yes, Iron Wolf, I believe you when you say it is not a friendly ride for males. I really enjoyed the head rattling back and forth between the padded(?) cushions. *advil* They really could get rid of that one.

I am glad I tried Superman, but would I stand in a huge line to ride it again, no. EMPTY your pockets before you ride. I wonder how much $$$$$$ they make each day from people who don't. TONS of change, a cell phone or 2 and I really enjoyed the shoe.........Don't wanna know how it ended up down there but do want to know what that person did for the rest of the day at the park...........The ride area is also not landscaped very well........*spoiled by Disney and Universal*
Yeah, they should tear down Iron Wolf. They got rid of their other spine cracker Shock Wave and put up Superman in its place. I agree about the landscaping. Unfortunately Great America is infamous for building new attractions right over the existing parking lot and leaving the pavement from the lot there instead of landscaping. Not very attractive.
__________________
Blue Room is offline  
Old 01-15-2006, 10:24 PM   #238
ONE
love, blood, life
 
shari schultz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Sconnie
Posts: 11,102
Local Time: 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Room


Yeah, they should tear down Iron Wolf. They got rid of their other spine cracker Shock Wave and put up Superman in its place. I agree about the landscaping. Unfortunately Great America is infamous for building new attractions right over the existing parking lot and leaving the pavement from the lot there instead of landscaping. Not very attractive.
I had forgotten about Shockwave! OMG that was horrible..........I remember a group of friends and I were so excited about it and then we rode it and then we all gathered around a bubbler(water fountain for you non-Milwaukeans ) to take advil.......*Ouch, ooooch, ouch, ouch, ouch*
__________________
shari schultz is offline  
Old 01-15-2006, 10:26 PM   #239
ONE
love, blood, life
 
shari schultz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Sconnie
Posts: 11,102
Local Time: 04:59 PM
My friends and I could do a commercial for Advil at Great America, Gurnee................I don't think Great America would like it very much, tho.
__________________
shari schultz is offline  
Old 01-15-2006, 10:29 PM   #240
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Kariann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
Posts: 12,551
Local Time: 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by zoney!


you can always call me!


I didnt even think about calling!
__________________

__________________
Kariann is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com