you all better wish me luck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KhanadaRhodes

Paper Gods
Staff member
this coming thursday i have to get some gum surgery. the gums on one of my teeth is receding and they have to fix it before i lose any bone. i've talked to some people who've had this done and it sounds like a cakewalk. stitches popping, swollen mouth, sleeping with mouthpieces, yum.

has anyone here had this done? they're going to numb my mouth up, filet the roof of my mouth (yes this is what the periodontist said he is going to do), and put the graft where my gum is supposed to be. so i'm going to be all hopped up on narcotics for a couple days. i'm so looking forward to eating nothing but yogurt and applesauce, can't you tell?

at least once this is all done i can start to remember what it's like to get a good night's sleep instead of the usual 4-6 hours i've been getting every night. :mad:

a week?? man, in late 02 i had my wisdom teeth (3 of the 4 were impacted) out on thursday and was back on monday!

suddenly i'm feeling much better about this. :D

geezuz, khan.

:yikes:

good luck...you're very brave.

i had a toothache once and literally thought i was going to die.

:yikes: good luck! :hug:

i've never had surgery for the gums, but i did have dental surgery once.
it wasn't fun. neither were the stitches between my teeth.
and to top it all off the anesthesia made me sick :yuck:

Good luck! Remember you are doing a good thing the consequences of not having this surgery are probably far worse. Wishing you a "Feel better soon" in advance.

Ugh, ugh. Anything dental is the worst. Good luck and heal fast! :hug:

Go to a vitamin/health foods store--there are some really effective herbal remedies that I took before getting my wisdom teeth out to prevent swelling and chipmunk cheeks. I know one is Arnica Montana. I don't know if they would work for your surgery, but they might--and a good store might know of something effective.

bonosgirl84 said:
geezuz, khan.

:yikes:

good luck...you're very brave.

i had a toothache once and literally thought i was going to die.

I had a really bad toothache for weeks and the dentist wouldn't believe there was anything wrong with my tooth, after spending another week in agony I sat in the dentists chair and wouldn't leave until she took an x-ray. I had to wait another month to get the tooth out. The pain was unbearable. I was dlieghted to get it out, that was the painless part and it was much better than leaving it there (which was an option).

good luck Khan, I think you'll be grand. :)

I had this done last year, and I will be honest with you. Everything you mentioned in your post is the truth. It was painful the first day, but they gave something for it. I could not eat anything solid for a week. I lived on jello, puddings, mash potatos, and milk shakes. I had to wear this plastic guard that fittted over my upper teeth,when ever I had to eat. I had my upper gums done. Will it be the same for you? I will be thinking about you this coming Thursday. :hug:

i'm getting one of my lower teeth done (it's one of the bottom teeth in front) but i do have to wear that guard thingie. now they just mentioned i have to wear it when i sleep but we'll see. if i have to wear it when i eat then i think i'll be eating in my car at lunch for a while!

as i mentioned, i've bought lots of yogurt and applesauce, as well as some soup and ice cream.

thanks everyone :hug:

Hope it went well for you!

When I had my wisdom teeth removed, I remember eating a lot of scrambled eggs.

it went all right. the pain was bad that day, but it's gotten better. the swelling hasn't gone down though and i still can't get my mouthpiece out. i finally bit the bullet and took an aleve hoping that'll help. it won't come off on the side where they took the graft so i'm hoping it's not stuck by some dried blood or something. :yikes:

ahh fuck i almost got my mouthpiece completely off and then the graft started bleeding. now i'm afraid to take it out anymore for fear of ripping off my scab or even worse, my stitches.

i had my wisdom teeth taken out a couple years ago. three of them were impacted. i remember being really out of it that day and the next day, but the pain wasn't too bad. my teeth never bothered me (or i guess i should say where they had been before), but my jaw hurt - i guess from being pried open so long. just make sure they put you to sleep. you won't want to see your dentist having to jerk and pull the teeth out of your mouth, especially since they usually break them into pieces to remove them. although my dentist was :cute: so maybe i should've stayed awake for it. :laugh:

i've taken two aleve and one painkiller and it's still like all ouch so i'm going to try to get some sleep and repeat this in the morning. if the swelling hasn't gone down then i guess i will just need to cut my entire mouth off.

Back
Top Bottom