Yoshimi or Soft Bulletin?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2popmofo

Blue Meth Addict
For those of you in the know, I'm asking about Flaming Lips albums. Which would you recommend first? BMG just sent me a thing where I can buy any cd's for $7.99 with no shipping and handling. Flaming Lips is about the only thing I see there that I want.

Which would you recommend, or should I just get both or neither? I know not.

i like yoshimi better. the person who reviewed the album at the radio station liked soft bulletin better. it's my opinion vs music snob's. whose do you want go with on that one?

they are both great albums with infecting song structures and unforgettable melodies and music.

The difference is that while Soft Bulletin is just a collection of great songs Yoshimi is a great concept album where every song complements the other - Soft Bulletin can sometimes seem incoherent, despite it undeniable greatness.

The mood and atmosphere of Yoshimi alone is reason to buy it. Then you have the great great lyrics (i.e. Mornig of Magicians, Do You Realize?") nothing like Wayne has ever written. They are genuine, and honest lyrics where he questions everything right down to what is love or hate...and the very meaning of life!

the song structures are brilliant in typing F Lips fasion!

at any rate, you will be dissapointed with either purchase

u2popmofo said:
You think you arent a music snob IWB?

beleive it or not, in comparrison to most of the people at the radio station, i'm extremely un-music-snobby...but yeah, i am one to some degree :shifty:

Back
Top Bottom