Yoda......little green bastard! - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-15-2002, 06:42 AM   #1
War Child

Local Time: 11:08 PM
Yoda......little green bastard!

er-k, we saw Star Wars tonight (we were gonna see a diff. one but it didn't work out) 1st of all i was kinda bored w/ it *snooze*, and if anyone saw it did you think it was to soup opera-ish? i mean when Annican and the chick would look at eachother, the way they would look @ each other then look away, and the way they answered eachother....anyone know what i mean?

and the main reason i posted.......

I WANNA KICK YODA'S ASS
Good God, i HATE the way he talks, all backwards and crap. anyone know what i mean? grrr. it was annoying me the whole movie

DAMN YODA!

Old 06-15-2002, 06:57 AM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 02:08 AM
Normal Re: Yoda......little green bastard!

Quote:
Originally posted by U2002revolution!
er-k, we saw Star Wars tonight (we were gonna see a diff. one but it didn't work out) 1st of all i was kinda bored w/ it *snooze*, and if anyone saw it did you think it was to soup opera-ish? i mean when Annican and the chick would look at eachother, the way they would look @ each other then look away, and the way they answered eachother....anyone know what i mean?

and the main reason i posted.......

I WANNA KICK YODA'S ASS
Good God, i HATE the way he talks, all backwards and crap. anyone know what i mean? grrr. it was annoying me the whole movie

DAMN YODA!
For the love of God, it's Anikan.

Anyway, it was supposed to be the movie focused more on Anikan and Padme's relationship -- and, (spoilerspoiler!) how Anikan goes to the Dark Side. (dum dum dum!) But yes, sometimes they overacted.

Yoda is a little annoying. I loved his fight scene though, lol. At least he wasn't in the movie very much.

Old 06-15-2002, 07:09 AM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Location: Born under a bad sign with a blue moon in your eyes

Don't let Elizabeth see this thread!!!!!!!!!!

LOL
Old 06-15-2002, 07:36 AM   #4
Babyface

Location: The land of the capitalist-pigs and freedom-loving infidels

The dark side of the force clouds everything. See it again you must.

To know a person's religion we need not listen to his profession of faith but must find his brand of intolerance.

-- Eric Hoffer[
Old 06-15-2002, 08:50 AM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Sorry, this is off topic, but I really wish you'd take that picture out of your signature. It's very inappropriate, especially considering that I know for sure that at least one person on this board lost a loved one there. Whatever your 'justification' is for having it, it just doesn't cut it in light of this fact, in my opinion.

I'm sure I might be slammed for posting this, but I don't care.
Old 06-15-2002, 09:13 AM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie

[color=royal blue]*single tear*

You didn't even think the saber fight was cool?

[/color]
Old 06-15-2002, 10:34 AM   #7
Acrobat

Local Time: 07:08 AM
Re: Re: Yoda......little green bastard!

Quote:
Originally posted by elevatedmole

For the love of God, it's Anikan.

Actually, it's Anakin. *smartass* :P
Old 06-15-2002, 11:20 AM   #8
War Child

I think the horribly pathetic dialogue can be traced back to George Lucas. I don't think that he was ever good at writing dialogue. The only episode in the Star Wars saga that had decent dialogue was The Empire Strikes Back...and coincidentaly, that's the one that Lucas didn't write.
Old 06-15-2002, 01:38 PM   #9
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by kariatari
I think the horribly pathetic dialogue can be traced back to George Lucas. I don't think that he was ever good at writing dialogue. The only episode in the Star Wars saga that had decent dialogue was The Empire Strikes Back...and coincidentaly, that's the one that Lucas didn't write.
exactly. if you ignore some of the cheeseball banter and appreciate for an action movie its great. I mean, really, Arnold Schwartzenegger is not a good actor but he's good with action [and really how hard is it to "write" an action movie?]. Lucas is not a good writer but he's good with action.
Old 06-15-2002, 02:06 PM   #10
Babyface

Quote:
Originally posted by Gina Marie
Sorry, this is off topic, but I really wish you'd take that picture out of your signature. It's very inappropriate, especially considering that I know for sure that at least one person on this board lost a loved one there. Whatever your 'justification' is for having it, it just doesn't cut it in light of this fact, in my opinion.

I'm sure I might be slammed for posting this, but I don't care.
You're absolutely right! It IS INAPPROPRIATE to fly airliners into skyscrapers! It IS INAPPROPRIATE to murder 4,000 innocent people! I'm sick and tired of other countries telling us Americans to "get over it and move."

WE WILL NEVER FORGET! WE WILL ALWAYS REMIND YOU OF THE REALITY OF WHY WE ARE FIGHTING THIS WAR AGAINST THESE INTOLERANT BARBARIANS!

WE WILL NEVER FORGET!

Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it
-- George Bernard Shaw
Old 06-15-2002, 02:40 PM   #11
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:38 AM
Whats wrong with that picture???
God only knows how patriotic I would feel if Canada went through something like that and then I saw a picture of firemen hoisting my flag upon the rubble.

I think its beautiful and strongly symbolic of a 'we will never die' spirit.
even if I lost my family- all the more reason to see pictures like that!
Old 06-15-2002, 02:42 PM   #12
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:38 AM
oops, you changed the pic.
The first one is a tad more controversial!

sorry
Still sure he meant no harm by it though
Old 06-15-2002, 02:49 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I was referring to the FIRST picture posted. While I appreciate the zeal, I for one have not and NEVER will forget that day. What I was asking, and what was not answered, was did he/she ever stop to think that someone on here might be directly personally affected by that gruesome image?

For that person, it NEVER leaves their mind, and I'm quite sure they have NO INTEREST in seeing that first image.It's a question of sensitivity to others before posting a picture like that.

That's all-I don't wish to 'argue' about this-but I can't believe I'm the only one who feels this way.
Old 06-15-2002, 03:04 PM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Re: Re: Re: Yoda......little green bastard!

Quote:
Originally posted by U2FReAk

Actually, it's Anakin. *smartass* :P
Damnit. I knew it looked wrong when I posted it.
Old 06-15-2002, 03:19 PM   #15
Babyface

Quote:
Originally posted by Gina Marie
What I was asking, and what was not answered, was did he/she ever stop to think that someone on here might be directly personally affected by that gruesome image?

Did/do the terrorists stop to think about how we might be affected by this? It's funny how people from other countries want to constantly point out the "insensitivity" of Americans, but neglect to hold these barbarians responsible for their horrific actions.

Yes, it is extremely disturbing and gruesome to look at this image, but if you really think that my goal was to offend or bring emotional harm to the victims families, then you need to rethink your thought process. EVERY American has been directly affected by this tragedy. Those were our brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, uncles, aunts, friends, wives, husbands, and loved ones in those airliners and buildings.

Why don't you blame the evil thugs who carried this out. Now we ALL have to live with these horrible images EVERY day of our lives. Removing the image or ignoring it won't change the reality of 9/11.

Sorry to be so direct and come across so strongly about this, but maybe if you were an American you would understand our grief and pain. That pain is VERY real and I REFUSE to let you take that away from me.

Did you ever stop to think that your comments are inappropriate??? How dare you insinuate that this is not deeply painful for me. Who are you to judge me?

To know a person's religion we need not listen to his profession of faith but must find his brand of intolerance.
-- Eric Hoffer