Yo MTV Raps!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
You know, back when all that was out I never got into it much but I really like some of it now. :yes:

Exactly the same here! I was never much into rap and hip hop back then but now I see it with nostalgic eyes.

5 songs left...

#5 Fight The Power - Public Enemy

#4 Warning - Notorious BIG

#3 Keep Your Head Up - 2Pac

#2 Run's House - Run DMC

#1 Nuthin But A G Thang - Dr. Dre & Snoop "Doggy" Dogg :dance: Gotta love that bass! :dance:

That was fun. lol.

Last edited:
Zootlesque said:
5 songs left...

#5 Fight The Power - Public Enemy

#4 Warning - Notorious BIG

#3 Keep Your Head Up - 2Pac

#2 Run's House - Run DMC

#1 Nuthin But A G Thang - Dr. Dre & Snoop "Doggy" Dogg :dance: Gotta love that bass! :dance:

That was fun. lol.

That's MTV's Top 20 rap videos? :huh:

DaveC said:

That's MTV's Top 20 rap videos? :huh:

Nooo... it was just a Top 20 videos list from that show which lasted from the mid 80s to the mid 90s I guess. So basically they just showcased the stuff that was popular on MTV in those days... east coast rap from the 80s and west coast gangsta rap from the 90s etc. I don't know if they're claiming that these are the best rap songs of all time. Who knows! Anyway, I only posted the Top 5 because I didn't pay much attention beyond that. lol.

Side note: I'm taking an Anthropology of Hip-Hop class right now, and we got the honor of speaking to Fab 5 Freddy (host of Yo! MTV Raps) last week. He's a very down to earth guy, and he even had us do a call and response with him. :lol:

onebloodonelife said:
Side note: I'm taking an Anthropology of Hip-Hop class right now, and we got the honor of speaking to Fab 5 Freddy (host of Yo! MTV Raps) last week. He's a very down to earth guy, and he even had us do a call and response with him. :lol:

Haha that's very cool!

Zootlesque said:

Nooo... it was just a Top 20 videos list from that show which lasted from the mid 80s to the mid 90s I guess. So basically they just showcased the stuff that was popular on MTV in those days... east coast rap from the 80s and west coast gangsta rap from the 90s etc. I don't know if they're claiming that these are the best rap songs of all time. Who knows! Anyway, I only posted the Top 5 because I didn't pay much attention beyond that. lol.

Even if it is just late 80's-early 90's, that's a terrible list.

:confused:

Zootlesque said:

lol. that's top 40 for you I guess.

why? what would your list look like? :p

:lol: I'm not falling for that one, that would keep me up all night working on it!

I guess I ought not to expect much from MTV, but Yo! MTV Raps was a fairly legit show back then.

:shrug:

Back
Top Bottom