Yikes!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

indra

ONE love, blood, life
Oh dear. :yikes:

This is totally creepy.

Woman Who Died in '03 Left in Front of TV

CINCINNATI - A dead woman dressed in white was positioned in a chair in front of a television set for 2 1/2 years because she told her caregiver that she didn't want to be buried and planned to return, the coroner said.

"Don't show my body when I'm dead," Hamilton County Coroner Dr. O'dell Owens said Monday in describing Johannas Pope's wishes. "Don't bury me. I'm coming back."

Pope, 61, died Aug. 29, 2003. Her caretaker and friend, whose name has not been released, left the woman upstairs in the home with the television and air conditioning on while the body slowly decayed and mummified, authorities said.

Some family members continued to live downstairs in the house since her death.

Police went to the house last Wednesday after a relative who hadn't seen Pope in 2 1/2 years called them. They found a staircase behind a door blocked by a basket and climbed to the second floor where they found the body.

"Standing outside, one could smell death," Owens said.

Owens said he had not determined the cause of death but found no signs of abuse or foul play.

Authorities are working to determine whether any crimes were committed, but Owens said the caretaker and family members apparently did not benefit in any way by keeping Pope.

http://enews.earthlink.net/article/str?guid=20060109/43c1edd0_3ca6_1552620060109259193701

WHen I'm on my deathbed, I'm going to tell my caregiver(s?) (if anyone) that I want to be king of the world.

That way I'll have no doubt that I will be buried sans coffin in the cheapest availible location.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
I wonder what channel they kept it on for her?

Oh any of the local Cincy stations will do it. :yes:

Talk about a "Couch Potato"
HEEEEYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!

But seriously, that's pretty... gross. Did the smell just not travel downstairs. A dead person I would suspect is very stinky. :barf:

Wed Jan 11

An Italian man 'mummified' the body of his 71-year-old mother when she died, stashing it away in the bedroom wardrobe three years ago and sealing it with silicone gel.

The grisly secret was kept until this week, when the landlord stumbled upon the "house of horrors" during a routine check of the rented property near the north Italian town of Aqui Terme.

He first found the body of the 35-year-old son, Mirko Sartori, who police said was killed while working on his car.

"He (Sartori) wrote a note: 'Mother forgive me'," the wife of the landlord, who asked not to be identified, told Reuters on Tuesday. "They went looking for the mother, and found her in the wardrobe."

Police suspect the son hid the body of his mother, Anna Pelloni, so that he could continue receiving her pension check of about 900 euros ($1,086) per month.

A preliminary autopsy placed the mother's death around the end of 2002. Her body was fairly well preserved inside the airtight cupboard.

"It was like she was mummified," said one police official, who asked not to be named.

hmmmmmmmm...
that must have been a big ole basket in front of the door...
the family didnt realise there was an upstairs?

2 1/2 yrs.....oh golly....ya know i havent seen olde joanna in about 2 1/2 yrs..........say whats behind that basket ?

i durno leroy ...git up and see for yourself

dadgonnit its a damn door sparky !

*door opens with ease once leroy has twisted the knob....*

he is overcome with shock

they say in unison STAIRS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HUH? maybe thats why there looks to b e a second set of those winduh thingys on top of the windurs that we look out of regular and wortnot

i wunder iffin this has sumtin to do with those high lectric bill

shit leroy yer so stupid....why would that have anythin to do with a secret door?

a hut a hut ahut.....well someone mighta left the windur op en up there

shuddup and git up them stairs before i give you a lickin' boy!

ughhhhhhhhhhh

the end

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom