Yes!!!! This Is How I'm Gonna Get Rich!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
Some people, eh?

From ABCNEWS.com:

Pop-Tart Blaze
N.J. Couple Sues Kellogg Over Flaming Pastry
The Associated Press

W O O D B U R Y, N.J., July 30 ? A Gloucester County couple has filed a lawsuit against Kellogg Co., claiming a flaming Pop-Tart sparked a fire that caused $100,000 in damage to their home.

Brenda J. Hurff of Washington Township put a cherry Pop-Tart in a toaster before taking her children to preschool. When she returned about 10 to 20 minutes later, smoke was coming from the Gloucester County home and firefighters already had arrived, said Mauro C. Casci, the Hurffs' attorney.
Casci said he was not sure if the pastry became stuck in the toaster.

Official Cause: 'Unattended Food'

The cause of the July 2000 blaze was listed as "unattended food," according to the Washington Township fire department.

The lawsuit was filed this week in Superior Court in Gloucester County.

"We have not been served, so we would have no comment on this accident," Kellogg spokesman Richard Lovell said Saturday from Battle Creek, Mich. "Pop Tarts have been marketed since 1964; they have been thoroughly tested and are safe to toast and eat."

The lawsuit also names Black & Decker Corp., the manufacturer of the toaster. A message left at the office of company spokeswoman Barbara B. Lucas was not immediately returned Saturday afternoon.

A spokeswoman told The Philadelphia Inquirer for Saturday's editions that it would not comment on the lawsuit until next week.

Not the First Pop-Tart Suit

The Hurffs' case isn't the first to be filed over a Pop-Tart. Kellogg settled a lawsuit in 1995 that involved a man from Springfield, Ohio.

Kellogg agreed to pay $2,400 in damages to the insurance company of Thomas Nangle, who claimed a fire damaged his kitchen after a Pop-Tart he was toasting in 1992 caught fire. The insurer had sued Nangle, who in turn argued that Kellogg should pay the damages.

An attorney for Kellogg said at the time of the settlement that there was no admission of guilt.

Syndicated humor columnist Dave Barry wrote a column about Pop-Tarts in 1993. Barry said the pastries caught fire after he put them in a toaster and held the handle down for about six minutes.

Kellogg cautions consumers on Pop-Tart boxes that they should not leave toasters unattended due to possible risk of fire.

------------------
"I Can Lose Myself, You I Can't Live Without"

Can we say DUH?

------------------
"What's with all the glitter? I thought you didn't like our mirrorball lemon and shit. Well it's too late to change your mind now." -- Bono, Indianapolis, May 10, 2001

"I was in charge of this band for two days. Two days was all I lasted." -- Larry

"There's a lot of people that expect a lot of things from U2, and people will never get what they expect." -- Bono, 1982

When you stop taking chances, you'll stay where you sit, you won't live any longer, but it'll feel like it --- Summer Rain

clarityat3am@hotmail.com

too bad we can't make money by posting at interference - LOL, we'd all get rich fast!

------------------
"See, the rock star gets his way. Thank you very much. This feels very Elvis. Thank you."

Bono - Houston, Texas 4-2-01

why am I actually spending time at work when all I need to do is to burn down my kitchen ?

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Imagine food left unattended for 20 minutes catching fire!
Who would ever think that could happen? I mean this person should also light a cigarette in bed, fall asleep and then sue the tobacco companies for a burnt mattress when the unattended cigarette fails to extinguish itself.
From now on Kelloggs will install sprinkler systems in all Pop Tarts so if left unattended, the fires can be extinguished before spreading too far.

P.S. Bonochick if you want to get rich easy...become a lawyer, you can sue for anything these days. Damn I spilled my McDonald's coffee...hot...hot..hot...get me a lawyer fast!

------------------
The joker is the best card.

crazy crazy people... did you hear about the woman who sued her doctor because he'd told her her child birthing would be painless and it wasn't?

Gee...Do ya think I could sue Elvis for making this site addicting?? OOh...the possibilities...
eek.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

Back
Top Bottom