yes, this does deserve its own thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nothing better than having goosebumps for ten consecutive minutes. :up: Amazing video.

and that's not even the whole song!

as good as everything is about that song, i think it's the drums that take the cake.

Yep. It's definitely the drums, combined with Jonsi's beautiful wailing - the 6:06 point and onwards (studio version) is what does it for me. I get chills every time I hear it. Every time.

I left my body during the climax of that song when I experienced it live. It's so great to relive it with the DVD. I saw Radiohead a couple of months later and it was kind of a letdown by comparison. :silent:

I was lucky enough to see them perform Untitled 8 in Barcelona. It's probably the best live song I've ever seen... great set closer.

Joyfulgirl, I agree. I think that when the camera cuts to the audience, it takes away from the potency of the performance. The video doesn't give you a good impression of the scale of the stage veil.

Last edited:
not only that, but are they even showing the crowd during the same song? doesn't look like it.

nevertheless, i could listen to this over and over and not get tired of it.

Pinball Wizard said:

Joyfulgirl, I agree. I think that when the camera cuts to the audience, it takes away from the potency of the performance. The video doesn't give you a good impression of the scale of the stage veil.

Plus, those wild and crazy Icelanders are like having a picnic instead of going into a trance. Not that the picnic isn't cool--it's totally cool--just different than being in a dark theatre with this whole sensory overload thing happening. :drool:

joyfulgirl said:
I left my body during the climax of that song when I experienced it live.

Likewise. Still the best moment of the best show I've ever seen.

The Heima DVD really is absolutely spectacular. One of the more beautiful films about music I've seen in a very long time.

phanan said:
I still have to get it. :reject:

Same. I just haven't had the time lately to go out and browse for CDs/DVDs. :sigh: Still haven't even bought In Rainbows on disc.

GibsonGirl said:

Same. I just haven't had the time lately to go out and browse for CDs/DVDs. :sigh: Still haven't even bought In Rainbows on disc.

Make time.

Sigur Ros + Radiohead > everything else

:wink:

LemonMacPhisto said:
:drool:

Music from the heavens, my friends.

I concur. :drool: They are fantastic. The bridge that divides them and Radiohead is an awfully great place to hang out. I remember how impressed I was a few years ago when I stumbled onto their website and found all kinds of stuff to download. Proof that the 'free' thing up front can ultimately make you a bigger fan.

Back
Top Bottom