YES! I'm gonna see Elvis Costello!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BAW

The Flower
Woohoo :dance:

I got Elvis Costello tickets for my birthday! Thank you to my sweet hubby :kiss:

Anyone else from the LA/OC area going to the Terrace Theater (Long Beach) show Oct 1st?

Truly beautiful gift

U lucky lucky woman.
no need to say it ....you will.

My mum gave me a ticket to see Emmylou Harris, that was a sweet gift. Hey maybe I can tell this story here.
I had my first baby on the same day two of my dearest friends were born. Neat eh? I talked to one of them on the phone and she said she read in the weekend paper it is rumoured david Bowie may appear at this year's Big Day Out in Australia> Theer are always rumours at this stage about who will be appearing, but if that one proves correct......***cass faints***

Elvis Costello gives so much emotion to a song, his voice can hover.....oohhh chills...nice gift:heart:
I heard him sing smile on the radio one day recently, perfect.

I too am going to see Elvis next month, on 10/3! In a tiny venue, too. I have seen him twice before--the first time in 1980 and then again in the late 80's/early 90's. It's nice to see him (or anyone) in different phases of his career. So be sure to check back in after the show and give me a sneak preview, BAW!

:dance:

You will love him BAW! :dance:

I saw him last summer in Boston and he put on a rockin' show! "Alison" and all :heart:

have fun!! :yes:

Elvis

hope your concert is better than this.

THis thread is over at the elliott smith board

Achtung Bubba said:
I've seen Mr. Costello twice... at two different Elevation shows. First time was after the first show (Miami): I actually said hi. :)

Yep, I saw him at the Philly Elevation show too! He was in the heart- I turn around and nearly bang right into him. Since it was between encores I asked if he was enjoying the show, and he gets right in my face and says "it's great innit?!"

I think he's funny b/c he reminds me of some bono pics! :laugh: :sexywink:

Basstrap said:
Elvis

hope your concert is better than this.

THis thread is over at the elliott smith board

You know, it amazes me how pissed off people get when an artist plays material they aren't familiar with (i.e., the new record for which a tour has been planned to promote). Some of my favorite moments at concerts over the years have been the new songs I didn't know.

BUT...I hope he doesn't suck when I see him.

I'm still annoyed with myself that I didn't go to see Elvis Costello a few years ago when he went on tour with just his pianist

he was the definite (and maybe only) highlight of Woodstock II

Back
Top Bottom