Yes, Im a dork, and podcasting is the latest proof

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis Presley

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
As if the jury was still out on the subject at hand. Ive taken the next step into music geekness.

They wont let me have my own radio show, so, screw them, Ill make my own!!!

Yeah, thats right, podcasting, EP style.

EachNoteSecure is the place to find it.....

http://eachnotesecure.modblog.com

Be aware that this is my first attempt, and a very rough one at that, but im not going away...... Please leave feedback.

EP, I'm just glad you've finally admitted your dorkiness. :wink:

I will check it out. I've been interested in these types of things myself. I think we all need to get together and create a radiostation. That would be good times and good tunes. :up:

u2popmofo said:
EP, I'm just glad you've finally admitted your dorkiness. :wink:

I will check it out. I've been interested in these types of things myself. I think we all need to get together and create a radiostation. That would be good times and good tunes. :up:

Mofo, agreed, podcasting is the future of radio. With corporate crapola the only choices out there, this medium will be big one day. Right now its kinda like blogging was about 4 years ago, new and unmined. And not without it bumps, as Im learning, however, ive many ideas for show #2, and I know it will improve, so get used to it.........

EP

so yeah, we've been talking about this in my radio production/programming class, and it sounds really cool, but, my question is, does this download massive files? i'm on dial-up, so is this the type of thing that i'm going to have to wait to try out until i get some kind of fast connection?

shrmn8rpoptart said:
so yeah, we've been talking about this in my radio production/programming class, and it sounds really cool, but, my question is, does this download massive files? i'm on dial-up, so is this the type of thing that i'm going to have to wait to try out until i get some kind of fast connection?
Yes, that would be adviseable, my first show was about 25m and about 23 minutes.

So, I would advise waiting till you have a high speed connection.

i'm unfamiliar with this podcasting business.. sounds interesting, and as such, i am intrigued and investigative

ah ha.. cool. i guess that this is basically podcasting then (if only my local college radio station would manage to have a webstream without static.. it just doesn't seem necessary. fah!)

I'm about to give your first podcast a listen.. what method/programs to you use to go about it?

SkeeK said:
ah ha.. cool. i guess that this is basically podcasting then (if only my local college radio station would manage to have a webstream without static.. it just doesn't seem necessary. fah!)

I'm about to give your first podcast a listen.. what method/programs to you use to go about it?

Skeek, yeah, its similar to what you mentioned, but much more flexible. The rss feed provides alot of that flexibility, and the ability to listen whenever and wherever is nice as well....

Im just learning so I use my ipod, my italk, and an audacity mixer to do my shows. Quite simple....lots of fun.

I recommend it to any closet dj out there...

EP

I listened to Elvis' show and it's great. Everyone should check it out. :up:

Back
Top Bottom