Yell Sound, Shetland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My only problem with Allo Darlin' is that they sound a bit TOO much like Camera Obscura. Not necessarily a bad thing, but it irks me ever so slightly.

Having never listened to Camera Obscura, this is obviously not a problem for me. I thought they were pretentious indie wank rather than jangly goodness? Or ... wait, I often confuse them with Dirty Projectors.

I broke up with Green Day today.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go cry myself to sleep.

My only problem with Allo Darlin' is that they sound a bit TOO much like Camera Obscura. Not necessarily a bad thing, but it irks me ever so slightly.

I sorta find this a disservice to Camera Obscura. Couldn't get into Allo Darlin' at all - in fact, I'd say I'm on the opposite spectrum to Ax in that I think the name is the best thing about them.

I really love both Allo Darlin' and Camera Obscura.

I prefer Allo Darlin' because Camera Obscura's music doesn't move me the same way. It's jangle-pop wallpaper once you hear Allo Darlin' break into El Scorcho midway through one of their songs.

Also, I saw your review of Europe, Ax. Tallulah is my favorite track on the album because those lyrics take me apart, one line at a time. Remarkable stuff, which I didn't expect from a band writing such otherwise fluffy tunes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom