Yell Sound, Shetland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HEY YOU KNOW WHAT'S ORIGINAL AND HILARIOUS? POSTING A PICTURE OF A FALLEN OVER LAWN CHAIR WITH THE WORDS "MELBOURNE EARTHQUAKE WE WILL REBUlLD"!

Man, that same picture got really boring with the Adelaide earthquake... two years ago. Pretty sure the internet needs a new fallen over chair for half arsed natural disasters in areas with a high population density.

I let a friend borrow my iPod today. She got into what she called "the weird stuff": Alpine, Tom Waits, Beach House, Japandroids, then listened to the same U2 album on repeat. I have 8000 songs on there and she picked ATYCLB. :doh:

I'm just dying reading the "what's on" section of the free local rag out here in the sticks north of Auckland. There's a club hosting "kareoke", another club hosting a "mid winter Christmas doo" (that's what dogs, uh, do), you can sit back and enjoy TWELVE SLIDESHOWS!!!1!1 at the local library, and there's even a community TV station. It has such blockbusters as Pukeko Echo, Russia Today Satellite (no, really), Community Diary, and roughly one more show, repeated ad nauseum.

I just realized I've never heard anything by Alpine.

When the hell is their debut coming out anyway? I don't like EPs.

I don't get why you care about music format. Good songs are good songs; who cares beyond that?

Anyway, new album's quite close. Lead single's apparently coming within a month or two. Though I don't think any of the songs from the EP are on there, and as best as I can gather from their live set, their best songs will largely still be those from the EP, so it's worth hearing.

I don't like EPs primarily because rateyourmusic (and everyone else) doesn't rate them with nearly as much frequency as LPs, so I see the low amount of ratings and think "eh...I'll pass for now." There have been so many I've overlooked because nobody else seemed to care about them. Plus, I dunno, LPs feel like definitive statements, whereas I'd rather just listen to a single than listen to an EP 9 times out of 10. Probably sounds crazy, but that's how I view them.

I want to jump on the bandwagon for these guys now. They seem like a band I would enjoy.

rhios forum really SUCKS when you're drtunk and there's nobody oaround to oist wutg you

So I just got a new job back in Seattle. Pay is the same as my current job. One major perk - not being on the phone all day. I'll get to have my iPod on all day! Woo!

Adam Clayton's personal assistant stands accused of stealing 2.8 million euro from him over the course of her employment. Hasn't he had problems with her before?

So I just got a new job back in Seattle. Pay is the same as my current job. One major perk - not being on the phone all day. I'll get to have my iPod on all day! Woo!

Huzzah! Sounds like a worthwhile move to me. :)

LM, listen to the EP. I'm pretty sure you won't regret it. :wink:

Well, I would have responded to her post but yours came later... I thought that happened a while ago. I really haven't been keeping up with the U2 news.

Well, I would have responded to her post but yours came later... I thought that happened a while ago. I really haven't been keeping up with the U2 news.

Maybe he's finally suing her over it? I dunno. His name was trending on my yahoo mail, so I went to see what he'd done now.

So we might've broken my laptop after the Essendon game. It ... kind of had a drink spilt on it. Currently hijacking Charlotte's laptop while it dries in the airing cupboard - shame we don't have a dehumidifier. Maybe if I'm really lucky it'll switch on in a day or two.

Thank god I back everything important up on my external hard drive.

Ah well, if I have to get a new laptop, I'd been wanting an upgrade for a little while - my one was just starting to get a bit slow. It needed more RAM, more space, etc. So it's not too bad, especially with my external holding everything that matters.

I may be eating my words re: "not too bad" when it comes to forking over the money for a new one though ...

Buying a new laptop can be SO much fun though. Because, oh shit, you have a laptop that runs right again, yaknow?

I'm so fucking giddy right now.

God, I know. And suddenly you have this HUGE new hard drive with more space than you think you can possibly use (then within a year realise is still not enough and you buy another hard drive with capacity so obscene you couldn't have imagined it ten years ago).

Giddy because ...?

For Axver:

135358_slide.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom