Yeasayer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Heh, I just hunted down a handful of their MP3s online to check them out, after reading Entertainment Weekly's review of their album!

Startling soul, sickeningly talented.

yeasayerrbar3.jpg

yeasayer1.jpg

Even the critics' critics' get it:

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/record_review/46460-all-hour-cymbals

I've heard two songs, and I can't quite tell if I like them or not so far.

Both songs started out very promising, and were really interesting, and pretty cool ... but they never went anywhere. I need my songs to go somewhere.

But I kept both on my iPod and will see if they grow on me.

I downloaded the whole LP at first and was hooked by about the third listen.

Some records haven't made it to the third listen or compelled me to listen to them as records (complete works as opposed to individual songs).

These guys are the real deal.

Okay, I heard the song "2080" today and I REALLY liked it. I think I'll have to get the album.

Just got introduced to Yeasayer by my brother-in-law. They sound awesome....I'm excited to get more into them. He (my BIL) thinks that they'll be huge by the end of the year. They're coming this way to DC in April. :hyper:

They're playing here in two days. It's only $10 dollars and their support is MGMT.

The draw for me here is MGMT, who I'd like to see live because I dig their Time to Pretend EP. Kids is a cracking tune. I've heard good things about Yeasayer, though, which makes it an enticing draw.

Okay, this is weird. I have never heard of MGMT before today.

On the way home from a movie, I heard a song by them on the radio. (I dug it, and thankfully the DJ said who it was after it ended.)

Then I got home and one of my friends had uploaded one of their songs to her blog.

Now you're talking about them here.

Something is telling me I should check out MGMT.

I enjoyed 2080 the first go-round - I'm on my 2nd listen now.

Children singing usually helps me like a song.

Last edited:
Yeasayer are in Europe right now through March, and I've just heard that they're coming back for a second US leg in April. The dates aren't listed on their website yet, but my brother-in-law just got us tickets through an unannounced presale for an April DC show. :hyper:

I was just looking for this album on the computer but somebody has deleted it. :sad:

Sunrise :dance:

Back
Top Bottom