Yeah Yeah Yeahs- Yeah they're good

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flying FuManchu

New Yorker
Used to live in Chambana. For now the Mid-South.
I bought the CD, Fever to Tell, and I'm hooked to the sound and Karen O's vocals...

its pretty cool that she sings like she's in heat in some instances... love how the guitar sounds as well...

The White Stripes have that bluesy/ folk rock sound but they Yeah Yeah YEahs really come off as more appealing in terms of sound/ harshness... though Jack White is a good lyricist... Its shame that the Yeah Yeah Yeahs don't get more hype and unfortunately have to be labeled as part of the garage rock phenomena...

Oh yeah, I'm hooked on Karen O big time, :) I saw them live two times already and she's simply mesmerising on stage, even if her live vocals are still a bit shaky. And their album is one hell of a fun debut. I wouldn't say they get no hype though; all music mags practically shower them with attention. And don't forget that it took the White Stripes four albums to get truly noticed.

Last edited:
I would have thought Karen O's voice would be about the same as the recordings considering the raw feel of the "debut" album. I want to go look for their EPs. I guess a voice can be shaky over time with the screeching and moaning she does which is pretty cool IMO.

What I really like about the group is the sound. From what it appears and the sound of the group, they are just guitar and drums. I like the sound of the guitar/ tone that he gets where it flows and has a heavy/ low sound that makes up for the lack of bass but not heavy... hard for me to describe.... With Karen's vocals over the rhythms he plays.... awesome stuff.

They defintely rock out and I like the punk tone.

I'm not sure about what music mags are praising them, though I still have a subscription to Rolling Stone and they barely mention them. Most mainstream mags I leaf through say zilch. This band should be as big the Stripes IMO. They are just as engaging IMO.

The thing I like bout these guys can be summed up in one word- energy. "Maps" was the best new song I heard last year. It's probably one of my favourite songs ever. I love the emotion in both Karen's singing and the tension of the music.

I love....

I 've been listening to Liz's "Whip Smart" and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs "Fever to Tell" the past couple of weeks and I just can't help playing these albums over and over.

For the Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs...

Songs, like Rich , Man , Tick , Maps , Y Control , Black Tongue, and Modern Romance are great. I really, really, really like them especially "Man" and "Y Control."

They've been hyped to death, but I do like the songs I've heard. :up:

A couple days ago I actually saw a photo of Karen O that showed her face, and it was really startling. :huh:

Back
Top Bottom