Yeah Raiders!!! Kick the Patriots' asses!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
icon9.gif

what a wretched call at the end of regulation, the Raiders were robbed

stupid fucking replay, it was obvious it was a pump-fake by Brady, clearly a fumble, and that was the call on the field, I'm shocked that they could blow the call like that

utterly fucking ridiculous

They didn't blow the call--that's how it was written in the rule book (unless the football was tucked, no matter what, it would be an incompletion--even if it was a fake) Does appear to be a rule in need of revision, but they called it as they were supposed to.

Go Pats!
smile.gif

do you really think that replay was conclusive?!?! the purpose of replay is to over-rule a call that is clearly incorrect, but that's not how instant replay is used, they consistently over-turn calls that are questionable and inconclusive

but make no mistake about it, Brady's arm clearly came down and stopped, then the ball was stripped, and that's how it was called on the field, I don't understand how they could say that was conclusive evidence to over-turn it, I'm angry about this and I'm not even a Raider's fan, I can only imagine how incensed Raiders' fans, players and coaches are
eek.gif

I think the replay was conclusive in the only necessary respect--to show that Brady did not have the ball in a tucked position (though his left arm was on the ball for a split-second) According to the rule, if the ball, in the motion of a throw or even pump-fake, was anywhere except tucked, the "pass" should be ruled an incompletion as it was. I personally agree with you that it seems to be an oversimplified rule, and that it should be revised, but the fault lies only with the rule-book and not with the officiating of the game.

I laugh at the title of this thread.

I laugh at all the whiners (no offense Wanderer).

I laugh at the Raiders.

The reffs made a call. We won. Fuck the past, kiss the future.

Come on Pittsburgh (or the Ravens if they would get their shit together) we'll see ya next week and be ready for a fight.

GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The worst part of all this is I am a New Englander and I hope the little pansies get their arses kicked
biggrin.gif

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*
A honey child to a swarm of bees...

Take me to that other place...

Originally posted by The Wanderer:
what a wretched call at the end of regulation, the Raiders were robbed

stupid fucking replay, it was obvious it was a pump-fake by Brady, clearly a fumble, and that was the call on the field, I'm shocked that they could blow the call like that

utterly fucking ridiculous
Could be a little cosmic retribution for Ben Dreith's wretched call 25 yrs ago.
At any rat...it was the right call...same call was made in rams game earlier this year...Warner was pumping , lost ball, but it was ruled incomplete. Nobody said anything about the fact that Woodson hit Brady in the head on the play, and the refs missed a call which should have put the Pats 15 yds closer.

As for next week, Belichick has always defensed Kordell very well, so don't write the Steelers ticket to the Big Easy just yet...it could come down to kickers...who would you rather have, Vinatieri or Brown?

Go Pats

Originally posted by Hewson:

Could be a little cosmic retribution for Ben Dreith's wretched call 25 yrs ago.

Only New England/Boston fans hold grudges this long.
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom