ye olde englishe/european footballe threade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well did you see the pressure on Totti during the penalty against Australia...it was a true "will he/won't he" moment...

as for the new stars of the nazionale...

pazzini_gia.jpg

Pazzini

montolivo_ric.jpg

Montolivo

aquilani_alb.jpg

Aquilani

JRXchnvJt.jpg

Lupoli

chiellini.jpg

Chiellini

Giuseppe-Rossi-Gallery.jpg

Rossi

palladino.jpg

Palladino

281724.jpg

Pelle

andreolli_mar.jpg

Andreolli

bianchi_rolando.jpg

Bianchi

Yeah, I can't understand how no big italian team was able to buy him, they left Villarreal buying him......................................
I was hoping that Sir Alex could bring him back at MAN UTD, instead........................................

Hm, I don't know, actually he's more a first forward, but he could reinvent himself as a sort of Scholes2.................but he's someone who can score 15-20 goals per season. It's a bit difficult to pretend to play more at UTD, there are too many who are stronger,but, who knows..........................
But look at Solskjaer, what a great player was he?? He never had the place at UTD, he spent all his career there, giving them even a champions league! He could have had a pretty different career if he would have played for a team such Tottenham, Newcastle, maybe even Liverpool. Maybe Rossi doesn't want to make the same end, being in a great important team, but never among the first choices

europop i think you left out one player.......quagliarella. saw a video of him the other day, he looks like a great player in the making. he scored some fabulous goals. did he go to udinese in the summer? there was rumours of him being linked with man united...

intedomine - have you heard of a guy called nathan burns? he's some aussie starlet and apparently aston villa were linked with him in the press the other day. he looks promising on a vid i saw on youtube. anything else i should know about him?

1stepcloser said:
europop i think you left out one player.......quagliarella. saw a video of him the other day, he looks like a great player in the making. he scored some fabulous goals. did he go to udinese in the summer? there was rumours of him being linked with man united...

Wow, you know him? Yes, he went to Udinese. I give this advice, if you can, go watch all the 12 goals he scored last year.................just tell me then if he's a normal player....................He scored goals from everywhere of the fields!

1stepcloser said:

i was gonna add him, then the board told me i had posted too many pictures :wink: also Di Natale

check out www.pazzolivo.com

its a site dedicated to proving that Giampaolo Pazzini and Riccardo Montolivo are the same person, its quite funny, they play on the same team, talk the same way, hair the same way, both on the Under 21...

EDIT: PS: HAH! Milan is nothing without Inzaghi/Kaka, they tie 1-1 with Siena...now a little win in Firenze against Atalanta and we take the lead :wink:

Last edited:
ughhhhhhhhhhhhh Fiorentina blows a big oppurtunity to go into 2nd place, we tie with Atalanta 2-2 after they scored in the 90th minute...and Juventus loses to Udinese 0-1 hahhhhh!

europop2005 said:
and Juventus loses to Udinese 0-1 hahhhhh!

Finally those juventinis got the first hit on the head...................poor pigs, they were really thinking they would compete for the title................. :lmao: :lmao:

Inter, 2-0 against Catania, Crespo, Cesar!
Adriano did a great game, he'll come back!

i just can't believe we drew today...now we open the UEFA cup on thursday against Gronigen and then next week we go to Catania...spero per il meglio :(

It won't the easiest game against Groningen, but it can be Pazzini's game, 1or 2 goals.....................
Vieri scored today, a la older times, happy for him!
You couldn't win, but Zampagna probably scored the most beautiful goal of today, marvellous! Luckily Prandelli might not take a kick in the ass in Catania, Baldini still disqualified, this is already a good news.................:wink:

the champions league should go back to the original knockout format it used to be. the group stage these days is quite boring as the best teams can lose 2-3 times and still go through. it would be much more interesting if say arsenal - sevilla really meant something, two exciting attacking teams going for the win straight from the start.

i think Platini is trying to make it a knockout system again but i don't think the big clubs will like that. the champions league now is just a big money-spinner.

1stepcloser said:
the champions league should go back to the original knockout format it used to be. the group stage these days is quite boring as the best teams can lose 2-3 times and still go through. it would be much more interesting if say arsenal - sevilla really meant something, two exciting attacking teams going for the win straight from the start.

i think Platini is trying to make it a knockout system again but i don't think the big clubs will like that. the champions league now is just a big money-spinner.

Isn't it? Completely agree with you. Not telling how this format destroyed UEFA CUP and completely killed the other former competition

europop2005 said:

For me Roma is the least annoying team of the fantastic four...but I can't stand Inter, Milan, or Juve

Don't know if you've noticed, I'm INTERISTA!..............................:mad:

:wink:

Yeah, but I must admit that Roma plays the best football by now, but they will go down, as usual....................a couple of games still, and then they will watch our low back!

scuza :wink: e solo che ho una problema di credere come Inter e una squadra italiana invece di praticamente la nazionale argentino

Back
Top Bottom