ye olde englishe/european footballe threade - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-27-2007, 07:45 PM   #46
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 04:49 PM
maybe inter should have gone for robben? i think jose was getting annoyed with robben being injured a lot and being a bit lazy at times. he likes chelsea to be a machine, grinding out 1-0 wins. malouda is looking good so far.

yeah i don't think crespo could settle even though he was playing very well for them. Pizzarro is looking like a good premiership player though. Essien will be a big miss though, he's an unbelieveable player.

Old 08-27-2007, 07:54 PM   #47
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:49 PM
They never thought about him, now he joined Real Madrid...........who don't look so good I must say. I see crisis there...........

I've followed Pizarro a lot, I often go to Germany, many times in Munich, I've seen him many times playing, and he really got power. You're right, he's fine for Premiership, but he's also someone who gets upset sometimes...............wonder how he'll do with Jose. I would like to see Liverpool in the top places this year, or at least not with 20-25 points difference. They bought F. Torres, another fast player good for english football, as much as Rolando Bianchi at City. He needs more place there, if Eriksson wants to win games he must make him play.

Old 08-27-2007, 08:06 PM   #48
Rock n' Roll Doggie

bianchi looks like a useful player. i read somewhere though that last season was the only season in italy that he actually played well. every other season has been a bit dissapointing. he looks good though, we'll see how much sven uses him, esp now that bojinov is injured for 5 months.

torres looks a really good player but his finishing is not good at times. he has everything, pace, power, skill but he isn't a natural finisher. certainly not like owen, fowler or rush was. liverpool played well against villa when i watched them but they were still lucky to get the win. those are the kind of matches that they will need to win though to have a chance at winning the title.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:19 PM   #49
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Bianchi passed a bad injury time, but last year was his explosion, by scoring 20 goals. Actually I went upset when he left for another championship, he could be still useful for our national team, who doesn't neither resemble to the shadow of the worldchampions of last year....................just a year away, and so much seems changed, I miss Lippi..............

What's the feeling of losing against Germany at Wembley, not the best result you could wait, isn't it? These germans are coming up very strong, I see them on top for Eurochampionship next year. I don't know, but something tells me they will win....................
Old 08-27-2007, 08:31 PM   #50
Rock n' Roll Doggie

well at least you know the feeling of being world champions so don't get too upset!

my interest in the england team is going down all the time. the manager is an idiot and doesn't know what he is doing. we should have employed phil scolari when we had the chance. even martin o'neill failed the interview, he's got a far better record than mclaren and would earn the respect of all the players (although i'd much rather he be at villa than england ).

sad as it may seem i think the best thing for england right now would be for us to fail to qualify for euro 2008. that would mean a complete change from top to bottom and hopefully we can then employ a real top coach such as capello, scolari or hiddink. maybe even lippi? his record is fantastic. and he smokes cigars
Old 08-27-2007, 08:33 PM   #51
Rock n' Roll Doggie

germany have some excellent players, ballack, klose, podolski, metzelder, lahm, schweinsteiger, frings to name but a few. germany is famous for it's organisation too so i think you may be right with your prediction...
Old 08-27-2007, 08:45 PM   #52
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Mcclaren's best figure was the Beckham number. First, he said Beckham was out of team, now he got him back because he's top again (and plays in Hollywood........) Yeah, your trainer seems a bit confused sometimes, as much as the one we have now..........my goodness, he doesn't know nothing of what he's doing, all I know is that he wasn't capable to hold player such Totti and Nesta who retired from the national team. He's taking so many players who don't have any international experience, and we're having such incredible triumphs like the 2-1 against Faroer and the great 1-3 against Hungary..........not counting the 0-2 against Croatia, 1-1 against Lithuania...................Under Lippi, Italy had a stripe of 25-26 games without losing a time, almost 2 years with losing a game.............. Under Donadoni we lost 3 times in less than a year, playing bad and shameful, plus the couple of games we won were almost miracles...............
we're going under, it will be more than a miracle if we will qualify for Euro2008. Capello stated he's interested in coaching England. He's the right one for a national team right now, he's not so likeable, but he's a winner. It's funny how both, Lippi and Capello, are making TV commentators this year...................
The 2 most winning italian trainers are set for TV!!

Yeah............WATCH MORE TV.................
Old 08-27-2007, 11:32 PM   #53
Refugee

Local Time: 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by babyman

You're stronger than last year, even Toni went to Bayern. I bet Viola will enter at least 4th place this year. More than Mutu, this is Pazzo's season!
Pazzo, Monotolivo, Kuzmanovic, Lupoli, we got a great young team! We might even make 2nd or 3rd!
Old 08-28-2007, 04:05 AM   #54
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by europop2005

Pazzo, Monotolivo, Kuzmanovic, Lupoli, we got a great young team! We might even make 2nd or 3rd!

I really wish it to Fiorentina, even I can't stand Della Valle, but you have the best italian coach. Prandelli is no1 in Serie A right now! I wish you'll also win the Uefa Cup, probably the only italian team who can make it this season, even Sampdoria is playing very good under Mazzarri.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:49 AM   #55
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:49 AM
ntonio puerta died today... man that was terrible to see. terrifying.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:55 PM   #56
Refugee

Local Time: 11:49 AM
what a tragedy...so young too
Old 08-28-2007, 01:55 PM   #57
Rock n' Roll Doggie

RIP Puerta. shocking news, his wife was 8 months pregnant too.

Old 09-01-2007, 01:30 AM   #58
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

There's some doctor who has a big fault.............Puerta had several heart attacks in the past, how could they allow to let him play. His first one was already year back, there's someone who has big responsabilities, and he or they must pay.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:17 PM   #59
The Fly

So with Chelsea and especially Man Utd stumbling out of the blocks with some unconvincing displays this could well be the most open season for quite a while. Liverpool looking very strong and Arsenal clearly in a crisis without Henry in 2nd place.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:32 PM   #60
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Villa 2 - 0 Chelsea

fuck off chelsea, nobody likes you. what a result. love seeing one of the big four getting knocked off their perch once in a while, gives some hope to the rest of us. Martin O'neill got it spot on tactically