ye olde englishe/european footballe threade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I dont know how anyone can believe liverpool are in the " big four", its more like the big three. The teams that truely challange for the league every year.

Aardvark747 said:
Maybe it'll be Villa's turn for a top 4 place next season...:up:

i'd love to think so. the team is so unfinished at the moment though. gods how we're so high right now. think it's down to martins motivational skills :up:

our full backs are pants though and having good full backs is more important than you might think. as arsenal found out on saturday...

^Indeed they did. A lot of debate on Talksport earlier out Nani and his showboating against Arsenal. I think he can be forgiven that little moment. He was enjoying the game and was just getting a little too over-excited! I'm sure Fergie has already spoken to hm. Ronaldo was exactly the same not so long ago.

Chelsea should walk their tie, united will beat lyon. inter will beat liverpool. i have no idea about the arsenal vs milan match but frankly i hope they get stuffed.

dunno, im sure if arsenal claim a trophy they'd come appearing out of the woodwork!

they play really nice football but i hate everything else about arsenal.

adebayors dive on saturday :|

1stepcloser said:
dunno, im sure if arsenal claim a trophy they'd come appearing out of the woodwork!

they play really nice football but i hate everything else about arsenal.

adebayors dive on saturday :|

Yeah. That was fuckin lame. I still shouted out at the tv even tho we were cruising to victory.

Liverpool pull off another Euro suprise then. I actually thought the game was rather dull for most of the time, but it was always likely they might nick a goal or two after Inter went down to 10. Dunno what some of these referees think when it comes to the European competitions...they just don't seem to let anything go! He could've easily given the fella a warning for the first incident, then he wouldnt have put himself under pressure when it came to the 2nd 'foul'. Quite harsh I thought, but I guess his rep proceeds him.

Chelsea and Olympiakos...:yawn:

that ref was terrible. he could have cost inter the tie. playing for 60 minutes with 10 men is such a stiff task, especially in the CL away from home. even though he's a dickhead i still felt sorry for materazzi as he was walking off then.

my liverpool supporting mate sent me a text about 5 minutes after the final whistle that read "steven gerrard. the best midfielder in europe".

:huh: i think the phrase 'knee jerk' springs to mind there.

Three really exciting matches today, and I chose to watch Arsenal squander chance after chance against AC Milan and end up with a scoreless draw.

Bah.

Saw the highlights this morning of last nights games. Looks like we were fortunate to get an equaliser late on, but that now gives us a great chance when the return leg at Old Trafford comes around. Arsenal on the other hand are gonna have a tough game in Milan - can't believe Adebayor hit the bar with that header at the death!:ohmy::lol:

Back
Top Bottom