ye olde englishe/european footballe threade - Page 27 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-16-2008, 12:55 PM   #391
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Aardvark747

Exactly. Tonight's match with Stoke is gonna be great...I will love it if they beat them, love it!
Maybe it was this post of mine a few hours ago - it had some kind of supernatural effect!

Old 01-16-2008, 12:58 PM   #392
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by 1stepcloser
shearer still might end up being his assistant.
Reckon so. Maybe not right away, but def at some stage. Keegan has a lot of work ahead of him. There's loads of changes to be made and dead wood to be cleared. Tho he's got the fans 100% behind him and more importantly Mike Ashley too. He's probably already got a list of names he wants to go for before the end of the window i'm sure.

Old 01-16-2008, 01:06 PM   #393
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Aardvark747

Maybe it was this post of mine a few hours ago - it had some kind of supernatural effect!
i thought you were just being very subtle!
Old 01-16-2008, 01:19 PM   #394
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

As a newcastle fan i thought Keegan coming back as manager was pure fantasy, but now its happened im really excited.

Jol or Houllier were my 1st choices but im thrilled by the appointment.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:18 PM   #395
Rock n' Roll Doggie

even though i find this appointment funny and newcastle are the kind of team who will want to be competing with my team, i don't really want keegan to fail cos i do like the guy. i've always admired his passion and he gives good honest and insightful interviews which is more than i can say for some of the many dullards in the premiership (i'm looking at you southgate, curbishley ect...).

with the likes of mourinho and ron atkinson long gone, it's good to have characters like him back in the game
Old 01-16-2008, 02:25 PM   #396
Refugee

Oh my God, LaLa land really has gone into overdrive, watching Skysports news tonight has been pure comedy, geordies being interviewed about "The Messiahs" return, its classic, the scriptwriters of all the soaps must have joined forces for this one.
Just wish he'd have taken the job last week, The Stretford End, & K Stand lads would have given him such a huge welcome back, what do you reckon the most popular chant between now & the end of the season will be, not just with United fans, but every team who face the barcodes, "Cheer up kevin keegan....." by any chance. I love it, Just love it now he's back!!!!!
Btw, how long before they'll be looking for another sucker oops sorry, manager, I'm going for 18 months before he spits his dummy and walks.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:14 PM   #397
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

United need a new manager, god knows they are failures in Europe.

Rofl at alan shearer's face on motd, he's gutted.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:33 AM   #398
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by vaz02
United need a new manager, god knows they are failures in Europe.

Indeed, maybe king kev could give us some tips on how to succeed at the highest level, coz 2 Euro Cups is a poor return in comparison to his almightyness' track record. Cheer up kevin keegan........
Arse V newc in rd. 4, Wenger to pit his managerial nous against king kev, hmmmm, wonder what the outcome will be?

Vaz, all joking aside, I actually do like keegan(haven't actually met the fella) as 1Step said, he conducts himself admirably in front of the cameras(mostly),honestly,& openly, & for him alone I'd like to see some success come the geordies way, but, & I might be wrong here(it has been known to happen, yes even I het things wrong sometimes) I just think its gonna end in more tears all over geordieland! but 1 thing few would deny, he'll get them playing attacking football.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:44 AM   #399
Refugee

Ooops, just seen a newsflash on Skysports, kevin keegan last night dramatically resigned as manager of newcastle united after watching the toon beat stoke city 4-1 to reach the 4th. rd. of the FA Cup, when asked why he chose now to leave, he replied "My work here is done, we've just wiped the floor with 1 of the strongest teams in div.2, the fans are dreaming of Champs Lge success, and rightly so, cos this is a massive club, & I will love it if we beat them, love it" at this point the interview had to be cut short, as a clearly demented kk had just seen a picture of his arch nemesis SIR ALEX FERGUSON, and threw a fit of rage, and had to be sedated, & carried away in a van, for a waiting padded cell.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:13 AM   #400
Blue Crack Addict

I'm looking forward to seeing how he gets on and what instant changes he makes.

Congrats to Havant and Waterlooville on last nights result!
Old 01-17-2008, 05:09 AM   #401
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by jimmmm

Indeed, maybe king kev could give us some tips on how to succeed at the highest level, coz 2 Euro Cups is a poor return in comparison to his almightyness' track record. Cheer up kevin keegan........
Arse V newc in rd. 4, Wenger to pit his managerial nous against king kev, hmmmm, wonder what the outcome will be?

Vaz, all joking aside, I actually do like keegan(haven't actually met the fella) as 1Step said, he conducts himself admirably in front of the cameras(mostly),honestly,& openly, & for him alone I'd like to see some success come the geordies way, but, & I might be wrong here(it has been known to happen, yes even I het things wrong sometimes) I just think its gonna end in more tears all over geordieland! but 1 thing few would deny, he'll get them playing attacking football.
Lol i didnt say what i said as a keegan response lol.

In the pub yesterday my mate was banging on about United being the best team ever and i said " yeah cos god knows you have been mighty successful in europe". So i thought i spring it on you

Merry Christmas ?
Old 01-17-2008, 07:03 AM   #402
Rock n' Roll Doggie

to be fair though, fergie is one of the greatest managers ever but im sure he would have expected maybe a little more than his 2 european successes in 20 years with the amount of great teams he's built.

mind you he's also won more charity shields than keegan has proper cups....
Old 01-17-2008, 07:51 AM   #403
Blue Crack Addict

Fergie = God
Old 01-17-2008, 08:02 AM   #404
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Paul McGrath = God
Old 01-17-2008, 08:48 AM   #405
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS