ye olde englishe/european footballe threade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, with a bit of luck in the second half.

Eleven players were injured, so it really was more or less the B-squad.

my team is Fiorentina...and we have a little god named Adrian Mutu who is everything my team could want and more...

hey i never heard and i'm too lazy to check... how did ruud do for holland in their friendly last week?

europop2005 said:
my team is Fiorentina...and we have a little god named Adrian Mutu who is everything my team could want and more...

You're stronger than last year, even Toni went to Bayern. I bet Viola will enter at least 4th place this year. More than Mutu, this is Pazzo's season!

Wow, can't believe it! It seems like yesterday when he scored that goal against Bayern in Barcelona 1999! I've always wondered what kind of career this player could have had if he would have played in another team giving him more chances. He always had too traffic at Man Utd.

yeah he was always on the bench it seemed and always had to compete with the likes of cantona, cole, yorke, sheringham, van nistelrooy, saha and now players like ronaldo and rooney. who knows how many goals he would have scored at another club...

1stepcloser said:
babyman all i have to say is cordoba = :mad:

Yeah, but can happen.........2 points lost...............
Here in Italy they've already started to spit fire on Inter, all the critics couldn't wait for something better.........Juve, Milan, Roma, Fiorentina won.............we could not. There are some geniuses here already starting saying that Inter is a failure this year! It's incredible! We are paying the delay of the argentinians who played the copa america.........but what can we do, we're an argentinian team, not italian team................... :shrug:

What do you think about the Premiership so far? There are a couple of teams surprising, but i think at least in a month we will see again, Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal leading by far. Villa won?2-1?

haha it's ridiculous what some people say just because a big team doesn't win for once. figo looked good i thought. also zlatans control then pass for stankovic was :drool:

i think inters midfield could do with more pace and speed maybe. but then again you know much more than i do!

babyman said:
What do you think about the Premiership so far? There are a couple of teams surprising, but i think at least in a month we will see again, Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal leading by far. Villa won?2-1?

yeah we won 2-1, i was at the match. the place went crazy when the goal went in, 90th minute too! we had about 20 shots though so it was a deserved win. i think chelsea will win the league. their squad is too good.

the only problem will be when the african nations starts in january and drogba, essien, kalou and obi mikel all have to leave. they may struggle without essien and drogba...

1stepcloser said:

i think inters midfield could do with more pace and speed maybe. but then again you know much more than i do!

No, no, you're right. Vieira is once again injured :scratch: and Cambiasso still out of condition. We played with Dacourt in front of the defense, but you can wait everything of him, except to do a high speed game. Our problems lie right in the midfield, it's gonna be hard for champions league in a couple of weeks! They bought a new midfielder now, a portuguese 20 old year player called Pele.......................what a name...................:wink:

1stepcloser said:

the only problem will be when the african nations starts in january and drogba, essien, kalou and obi mikel all have to leave. they may struggle without essien and drogba...

I don't understand why they didn't get back Crespo, I mean, good for us at Inter, but with shevchenko, who is lost in space, and the africans who will miss a month :shrug: ..............I wonder why Chelsea sold even Robben!

maybe inter should have gone for robben? i think jose was getting annoyed with robben being injured a lot and being a bit lazy at times. he likes chelsea to be a machine, grinding out 1-0 wins. malouda is looking good so far.

yeah i don't think crespo could settle even though he was playing very well for them. Pizzarro is looking like a good premiership player though. Essien will be a big miss though, he's an unbelieveable player.

They never thought about him, now he joined Real Madrid...........who don't look so good I must say. I see crisis there...........

I've followed Pizarro a lot, I often go to Germany, many times in Munich, I've seen him many times playing, and he really got power. You're right, he's fine for Premiership, but he's also someone who gets upset sometimes...............wonder how he'll do with Jose. I would like to see Liverpool in the top places this year, or at least not with 20-25 points difference. They bought F. Torres, another fast player good for english football, as much as Rolando Bianchi at City. He needs more place there, if Eriksson wants to win games he must make him play.

bianchi looks like a useful player. i read somewhere though that last season was the only season in italy that he actually played well. every other season has been a bit dissapointing. he looks good though, we'll see how much sven uses him, esp now that bojinov is injured for 5 months.

torres looks a really good player but his finishing is not good at times. he has everything, pace, power, skill but he isn't a natural finisher. certainly not like owen, fowler or rush was. liverpool played well against villa when i watched them but they were still lucky to get the win. those are the kind of matches that they will need to win though to have a chance at winning the title.

Bianchi passed a bad injury time, but last year was his explosion, by scoring 20 goals. Actually I went upset when he left for another championship, he could be still useful for our national team, who doesn't neither resemble to the shadow of the worldchampions of last year....................just a year away, and so much seems changed, I miss Lippi..............:(

What's the feeling of losing against Germany at Wembley, not the best result you could wait, isn't it? :wink: These germans are coming up very strong, I see them on top for Eurochampionship next year. I don't know, but something tells me they will win....................

well at least you know the feeling of being world champions so don't get too upset!

my interest in the england team is going down all the time. the manager is an idiot and doesn't know what he is doing. we should have employed phil scolari when we had the chance. even martin o'neill failed the interview, he's got a far better record than mclaren and would earn the respect of all the players (although i'd much rather he be at villa than england :wink: ).

sad as it may seem i think the best thing for england right now would be for us to fail to qualify for euro 2008. that would mean a complete change from top to bottom and hopefully we can then employ a real top coach such as capello, scolari or hiddink. maybe even lippi? his record is fantastic. and he smokes cigars :bono:

germany have some excellent players, ballack, klose, podolski, metzelder, lahm, schweinsteiger, frings to name but a few. germany is famous for it's organisation too so i think you may be right with your prediction...

Mcclaren's best figure was the Beckham number. First, he said Beckham was out of team, now he got him back because he's top again (and plays in Hollywood........) Yeah, your trainer seems a bit confused sometimes, as much as the one we have now..........my goodness, he doesn't know nothing of what he's doing, all I know is that he wasn't capable to hold player such Totti and Nesta who retired from the national team. He's taking so many players who don't have any international experience, and we're having such incredible triumphs like the 2-1 against Faroer and the great 1-3 against Hungary..........not counting the 0-2 against Croatia, 1-1 against Lithuania...................Under Lippi, Italy had a stripe of 25-26 games without losing a time, almost 2 years with losing a game.............. Under Donadoni we lost 3 times in less than a year, playing bad and shameful, plus the couple of games we won were almost miracles...............:huh:
we're going under, it will be more than a miracle if we will qualify for Euro2008. Capello stated he's interested in coaching England. He's the right one for a national team right now, he's not so likeable, but he's a winner. It's funny how both, Lippi and Capello, are making TV commentators this year...................:huh:
The 2 most winning italian trainers are set for TV!!

Yeah............WATCH MORE TV.................:wink:

babyman said:

You're stronger than last year, even Toni went to Bayern. I bet Viola will enter at least 4th place this year. More than Mutu, this is Pazzo's season!

Pazzo, Monotolivo, Kuzmanovic, Lupoli, we got a great young team! We might even make 2nd or 3rd!

europop2005 said:

Pazzo, Monotolivo, Kuzmanovic, Lupoli, we got a great young team! We might even make 2nd or 3rd!

I really wish it to Fiorentina, even I can't stand Della Valle, but you have the best italian coach. Prandelli is no1 in Serie A right now! I wish you'll also win the Uefa Cup, probably the only italian team who can make it this season, even Sampdoria is playing very good under Mazzarri.

There's some doctor who has a big fault.............Puerta had several heart attacks in the past, how could they allow to let him play. His first one was already year back, there's someone who has big responsabilities, and he or they must pay.

So with Chelsea and especially Man Utd stumbling out of the blocks with some unconvincing displays this could well be the most open season for quite a while. Liverpool looking very strong and Arsenal clearly in a crisis without Henry in 2nd place. ;)

:dancing: :rockon: :dancing: :rockon: :dancing: :rockon:

Villa 2 - 0 Chelsea

fuck off chelsea, nobody likes you. what a result. love seeing one of the big four getting knocked off their perch once in a while, gives some hope to the rest of us. Martin O'neill got it spot on tactically :drool:

Back
Top Bottom