ye olde englishe/european footballe threade - Page 19 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-25-2007, 01:06 PM   #271
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:05 AM
Group 1 Portugal, Sweden, Denmark, Hungary, Albania, Malta

Group 2 Greece, Israel, Switzerland, Moldova, Latvia, Luxembourg

Group 3 Czech Republic, Poland, NORTHERN IRELAND, Slovakia, Slovenia, San Marino

Group 4 Germany, Russia, Finland, WALES, Azerbaijan, Liechtenstein

Group 5 Spain, Turkey, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Armenia, Estonia

Group 6 Croatia, ENGLAND, Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Andorra

Group 7 France, Romania, Serbia, Lithuania, Austria, Faroe Islands

Group 8 Italy, Bulgaria, Republic of Ireland, Cyprus, Georgia, Montenegro

Group 9 Holland, SCOTLAND, Norway, FYR Macedonia, Iceland

Old 11-25-2007, 05:48 PM   #272
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:05 AM
could have been a lot worse, that's for sure.

Old 11-25-2007, 07:02 PM   #273
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 08:05 AM
i think we should return to the good old days of english football

Old 11-25-2007, 07:05 PM   #274
Rock n' Roll Doggie

the way john motson got really over excited about theo walcott yesterday got on my nerves. the kid's never scored a goal in the prem and everyone goes on about him like he's the greatest thing in the world and how he should be in the england squad. just cos he's arsenals only half decent english player.

yet you've got gabby agbonlahor banging goals in for fun and nobody bats an eyelid
Old 11-26-2007, 03:35 AM   #275
Refugee

Michael Owen has kick-started preparations for 2010 World Cup qualification in earnest by insisting none of the Croatian team would get into the England side.

It was in the sun, so how true it is I don't know, but if he really has come out with such a statement is it any wonder why as a nation we're held in such low esteem by so many people around the world, nothing like grace in defeat is there?
Old 11-26-2007, 03:50 AM   #276
Refugee

Whilst on the subject of ingerland, just thought I'd let fellow interferencers know, I have officially thrown my hat in the ring and applied for the managers job, I feel I am infinitely more qualified for the job than many previous managers, only last week I won the Champions League for the 5th time in a row on Prem. Manager, having also won the prem. title 4 times, 3 FA Cups, & the League Cup once I am undoubtedly the best candidate for the job, who actually wants it, & when fatty barwick sees my CV, no doubt he will be on the phone to me straight away, wondering how on Earth he could ever have overlooked me in the past!
Just recently I've been watching a lot of local league football in the Grimsby area &, having spoken to many superstars of the local league, have in my opinion a squad in mind, who, work commitments permitted, will turn out occasionally for the national team, & have assured me, will actually play with a modicum of pride......... If they can be arsed!!!!
So, there you have it fatty, I'll do the job, & in the unlikely event I cock up big style, Ala mclown, I'll do the decent thing and walk away, & won't screw you for a single penny!!!
Old 11-26-2007, 05:28 AM   #277
Refugee

Just heard on the news, Tom-Tom are recalling all their Sat-Navs, due to the fact they can't locate england anywhere in Europe!!!
Old 11-26-2007, 05:34 AM   #278
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 05:05 PM
Tough, tough group for us.

China are ever-improving, Iraq are the Asian champions who defeated us in the continental tournament this year, and Qatar are gonna be a killer of a road-trip, heading to play them in 45 degree celsius conditions.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:17 AM   #279
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:05 PM
Damn, is it a rule that Sweden and Denmark have to play each other in every qualifying campaign or something?
Old 11-26-2007, 02:26 PM   #280
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:05 AM
can we just hire copello and be done with it?

seeing shearer's name bandied about along with other middle-to-lower table epl managers terrifies me.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:45 AM   #281
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by intedomine
Tough, tough group for us.

China are ever-improving, Iraq are the Asian champions who defeated us in the continental tournament this year, and Qatar are gonna be a killer of a road-trip, heading to play them in 45 degree celsius conditions.
that would be the most hypocritical thing i've ever heard if australians use hot weather as an excuse for getting beaten by Quatar!

honestly though, i'd expect the aussies to qualify for every single world cup these days. they've got some good players and a far better infrastructure for playing football than the likes of china and iraq have (i think)

you heard of a guy called nathan burns?
Old 11-27-2007, 12:07 PM   #282
Blue Crack Addict

Alex Mcleish has left Scotland for Birmingham. Kind of a dot on the cards I guess, but it's a shame for the SFA to lose him now after he's done so well for the national side. But I spose the lure of club football in the premiership was too good to turn down....that and the extra bunse of course!
Old 11-27-2007, 12:19 PM   #283
Rock n' Roll Doggie

i thought he could have done better than birmingham to be honest. i know i'm a bit biased but their board hardly gave any money to bruce to work with this summer, their fans are a disgrace, couldn't sell out their local derby this season and they aren't exactly a big name team. they've won one trophy since 1875.

if i was a scottish i'd be quite pissed off about this. like you say aardy though, it's the lure of the prem and that filthy lucre that goes with it i suppose.

at least the o'neill/mcleish rivalry is back on down here in brum instead of glasgow! we all know there's only going to be one winner
Old 11-28-2007, 12:25 AM   #284
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 1stepcloser

that would be the most hypocritical thing i've ever heard if australians use hot weather as an excuse for getting beaten by Quatar!

honestly though, i'd expect the aussies to qualify for every single world cup these days. they've got some good players and a far better infrastructure for playing football than the likes of china and iraq have (i think)

you heard of a guy called nathan burns?

Well, the weather will be an issue for our Europe-based players, cause they'll be coming from Europe.

Nathan Burns is a star, been a real gun for Adelaide United this season, and has done well at youth level. Still only about 19 too...

The most promising thing for us, I feel, is the potential partnership of McDonald and Kennedy up front. Macca's a small excitmeent machine who has been coming up with goals for Glasgow Celtic seemingly always at the right time, while Kennedy is a tall beanpole who plays at FC Nurnburg who, whilst injury-prone to date, is an intelligent playmaker, and especailly handy at corners. This unlikely duo could leave many an opposition gaffer left scratching their heads....

Now if we could just get ourselves a gaffer.....
Old 11-28-2007, 03:28 AM   #285
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by intedomine

Now if we could just get ourselves a gaffer.....

Steve McLaren's looking for a job!