ye olde englishe/european footballe threade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Apparently there are, quite a few must have been at the UNITED game on Saturday:

Ferguson defends sideline gesture

Ferguson served a two-match ban less than four weeks ago
Sir Alex Ferguson has denied he deliberately aimed an abusive gesture at Reading fans during Manchester United's 2-0 victory on Saturday.
Supporters at the Madejski Stadium have complained that Ferguson appeared to direct an 'up yours' sign at them towards the end of the match.

How fucking pathetic, complaining about a gesture, just like the scousers did a couple of years back after the 4-3 win at goodison, dozens complained about UNITED players swearing, as if you go to a football match not expecting to see or hear gestures & swearing, SAD F&^*ING TW&TS!!!

i don't know how martin o'neill does it, i really don't. we play abysmal football for 80% of the match and still come away with a point from one of the best teams in the league. if villa qualify for europe it will be a miracle on that evidence. barry gets injured before the game and our midfield becomes a shambles. buy some f*cking players martin!

i'd love to see liverpool fail to get 4th place and give one of the chasing pack a go. it would be great for the game as a whole. i think everton look the most likely to achieve that now.

jimmmm said:
Apparently there are, quite a few must have been at the UNITED game on Saturday:

Ferguson defends sideline gesture

Ferguson served a two-match ban less than four weeks ago
Sir Alex Ferguson has denied he deliberately aimed an abusive gesture at Reading fans during Manchester United's 2-0 victory on Saturday.
Supporters at the Madejski Stadium have complained that Ferguson appeared to direct an 'up yours' sign at them towards the end of the match.

How fucking pathetic, complaining about a gesture, just like the scousers did a couple of years back after the 4-3 win at goodison, dozens complained about UNITED players swearing, as if you go to a football match not expecting to see or hear gestures & swearing, SAD F&^*ING TW&TS!!!

i agree. it's much ado about nothing. football is an emotional sport. it doesn't matter to me whether he was gesturing or not, all of this is part and parcel of the emotions of a football match

i was at the villa-pompey game and took part in many chants about how redknapp is a wanker and how he's paying the ref ect... i quite like the guy and how he speaks his mind but when two tribes go to war on a football pitch all that goes out the window.

reading need to grow up.

^Agree with the comments about Reading. Fergie was just quite rightly releasing some tension after gettin a goal in what was a very tough game.

Unlucky to Villa last nite - was rooting for them to take 3 points at Anfield! 4th place is well and truly wide open - tho perhaps not as wide as Freddie Ljundberg thinks. He's quoted as saying that West Ham have a great chance of clinching it...:ohmy:

good to see a non 'big four' team in the final. hopefully everton can win tonight too.

on a side note i have to say the premiership is really interesting this year. one of 3 teams can still win it. there's 5 or 6 teams competing for a champions league slot. and there's any number of teams who could still get relegated. it's all shaping up to be an excellent end of season :up:

Congrats to Havant & Waterlooville! Scoring 2 at Anfield, AND taking the lead twice! Amazing.

Reckon we could struggle 2moro. Spurs are gonna on a high after the Arsenal game...could end up in a score draw.

Aardvark747 said:

Reckon we could struggle 2moro. Spurs are gonna on a high after the Arsenal game...could end up in a score draw.

Very nearly was aswell. The penalty and sending off was the turning point. Another double for Ronaldo, even tho he wasn't on top form - 25 goals now this season...:drool:

newcastle are still a joke club. the only bigger joke than them is martin o'neill still not signing ANYONE yet despite having the smallest squad in the league :mad:

newcastle - keegan - wise? if anyone can figure that out let me know, please.

FA Cup, nice to see chelski, & loonypool get tough draws for a change:huh: whilst United get their 11th consecutive draw against "lesser" opposition!

from some of todays papers;

Chelsea's superstar players were left star-struck themselves yesterday when Diego Maradona visited the club's training ground. The Argentine legend was in huge demand for photographs and autographs. (Various)
Note to linesmen in upcoming chelski matches, watch their BLOODY HANDS CAREFULLY!!!

1stepcloser said:
newcastle are still a joke club. the only bigger joke than them is martin o'neill still not signing ANYONE yet despite having the smallest squad in the league :mad:

And it would seem Villa's squad is about to get smaller 1Step,
Sunderland and Birmingham have joined the race to sign Aston Villa defender Gary Cahill. Bolton have already agreed a fee for the player. (Various)
Birmingham are poised to hold talks with Aston Villa defender Gary Cahill over a possible £5m move. Bolton had a bid for the player accepted on Monday. (Press Association, 1311 GMT)

You'd have thought with Champs Lge qualification a real possibility for several clubs, O'Niell might have strengthened in the window, if they're going to get anyone, they'll have to be quick!

A 2nd Arsenal mauling of Newcastle in 4 days. Dennis looked to be enjoying himself up in the stands tho - probably thinking about all that lovely extra poppy he's gonna earn for doing not a great deal. Except get on Keegan's nerves that is. I just can't see the pair working...despite what Kev has been saying.

Pompey should provide a test for us tonight, but i'm sure we can prevail on home soil...home soil that's about to be ripped up and replaced at the cost of £250,000 cos it's looking a bit shabby!

jimmmm said:

And it would seem Villa's squad is about to get smaller 1Step,
Sunderland and Birmingham have joined the race to sign Aston Villa defender Gary Cahill. Bolton have already agreed a fee for the player. (Various)
Birmingham are poised to hold talks with Aston Villa defender Gary Cahill over a possible £5m move. Bolton had a bid for the player accepted on Monday. (Press Association, 1311 GMT)

You'd have thought with Champs Lge qualification a real possibility for several clubs, O'Niell might have strengthened in the window, if they're going to get anyone, they'll have to be quick!

yeah he's frustrating because when he buys a player he likes to know all about them and whether they have the right mentality, hunger and focus ect.. which is fair enough but it means it he takes ages to complete any deals. although at least it avoids any panic buys, such as, ahem, djemba-djemba!

its a shame cahill is leaving, he's a good player and a fine young english talent. as long as he doesn't go to birmingham i'll be happy...

looks like we're signing one of english footballs forgotten talents today, wayne routledge. could be interesting :eyebrow:

i hope united destroy pompey tonight :p

1stepcloser said:

djemba-djemba! How he played for not 1, but 2 Prem. teams is as big a mystery to me as titus bumble!

looks like we're signing one of english footballs forgotten talents today, wayne routledge. could be interesting :eyebrow: He was good at Palace, not seen much of him lately though, so you never know.

i hope united destroy pompey tonight : p
: Me too!

cashley cole has been caught cheating on the gorgeous, beautiful Cheryl, what an odious detestable little creep he is, 1 person, & 1 person alone exists in his horrible little world, she should kick him straight into touch, & if she needs a shoulder to cry on, she's more than welcome at mine, I'll get the missus to sleep in the spare room!:wink:

If i was a gambling man ( which i am ) i'd say C Ronaldo for golden boot in euro championships with Portugal winning it, the guy in on fire.

What a stunner from Ronaldo last nite! Everyone in my local was applauding...even the Arse fans! Can't understand how it ended only 2-0?!

27 goals this season...and counting!:drool:

Capello should announce his preliminary squad for the Switzerland game later today. Should be interesting. I'm sure Becks will be given his 100th cap, then that should be the end. Thanks Becks and goodbye! :wave:

vaz02 said:
Becks has been good to us tbh, he deserves his 100th cap.

Fully agree. And to be honest, in those 2 games back for England when Mclaren recalled him he was on great form. But there's no way once the season in the US has kicked off again, that we can have him commuting across the pond for our games. And as we know, to expect him to keep himself at the top playing in their league just cannot be done.

But we will never forget that last minute goal against Greece....or the red card in 98!:wink:

i won't shed a tear if becks doesn't get his 100th cap. yes he's been good for us but i respect cappello a lot more than our last excuse for an england manager. this guy knows what he's doing and he won't ever pander to the media just for something sentimental like beck's 100th cap.

anyhow i still think that he still might get that 100th cap, he just isn't anywhere near match fit yet.

i think it could be the other way round. cappello might see him as vital asset for the qualifiers in the future but he simply isn't fit enough to play right now. i like to think that cappello is intelligent enough to leave no room for sentiment. also it might be a bit patronising to becks to just wheel him out one last time as if he's some sort of circus act. he's a great player and cappello doesn't need to give him a run out in a friendly to see this.

i think david bentley is the best and most promising right sided player we have right now and i'd like to see him be given 90 minutes in england colours to see what he can do and maybe cappello is thinking the same.

as a column on football365 read today, i think this omission is becks' best shot of having a place on the team.

it's not like he really got axed from the team. the coach just doesn't think he's match fit, it's as simple as that.

Back
Top Bottom