ye olde englishe/european footballe threade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1stepcloser said:
shearer still might end up being his assistant.

Reckon so. Maybe not right away, but def at some stage. Keegan has a lot of work ahead of him. There's loads of changes to be made and dead wood to be cleared. Tho he's got the fans 100% behind him and more importantly Mike Ashley too. He's probably already got a list of names he wants to go for before the end of the window i'm sure.

As a newcastle fan i thought Keegan coming back as manager was pure fantasy, but now its happened im really excited.

Jol or Houllier were my 1st choices but im thrilled by the appointment.

even though i find this appointment funny and newcastle are the kind of team who will want to be competing with my team, i don't really want keegan to fail cos i do like the guy. i've always admired his passion and he gives good honest and insightful interviews which is more than i can say for some of the many dullards in the premiership (i'm looking at you southgate, curbishley ect...).

with the likes of mourinho and ron atkinson long gone, it's good to have characters like him back in the game :up:

Oh my God, LaLa land really has gone into overdrive, watching Skysports news tonight has been pure comedy, geordies being interviewed about "The Messiahs" return, its classic, the scriptwriters of all the soaps must have joined forces for this one.
Just wish he'd have taken the job last week, The Stretford End, & K Stand lads would have given him such a huge welcome back, what do you reckon the most popular chant between now & the end of the season will be, not just with United fans, but every team who face the barcodes, "Cheer up kevin keegan....." by any chance. I love it, Just love it now he's back!!!!!
Btw, how long before they'll be looking for another sucker oops sorry, manager, I'm going for 18 months before he spits his dummy and walks.

United need a new manager, god knows they are failures in Europe.

Rofl at alan shearer's face on motd, he's gutted.

vaz02 said:
United need a new manager, god knows they are failures in Europe.

Indeed, maybe king kev could give us some tips on how to succeed at the highest level, coz 2 Euro Cups is a poor return in comparison to his almightyness' track record. Cheer up kevin keegan........
Arse V newc in rd. 4, Wenger to pit his managerial nous against king kev, hmmmm, wonder what the outcome will be?

Vaz, all joking aside, I actually do like keegan(haven't actually met the fella) as 1Step said, he conducts himself admirably in front of the cameras(mostly),honestly,& openly, & for him alone I'd like to see some success come the geordies way, but, & I might be wrong here(it has been known to happen, yes even I het things wrong sometimes) I just think its gonna end in more tears all over geordieland! but 1 thing few would deny, he'll get them playing attacking football.

Ooops, just seen a newsflash on Skysports, kevin keegan last night dramatically resigned as manager of newcastle united after watching the toon beat stoke city 4-1 to reach the 4th. rd. of the FA Cup, when asked why he chose now to leave, he replied "My work here is done, we've just wiped the floor with 1 of the strongest teams in div.2, the fans are dreaming of Champs Lge success, and rightly so, cos this is a massive club, & I will love it if we beat them, love it" at this point the interview had to be cut short, as a clearly demented kk had just seen a picture of his arch nemesis SIR ALEX FERGUSON, and threw a fit of rage, and had to be sedated, & carried away in a van, for a waiting padded cell.

jimmmm said:

Indeed, maybe king kev could give us some tips on how to succeed at the highest level, coz 2 Euro Cups is a poor return in comparison to his almightyness' track record. Cheer up kevin keegan........
Arse V newc in rd. 4, Wenger to pit his managerial nous against king kev, hmmmm, wonder what the outcome will be?

Vaz, all joking aside, I actually do like keegan(haven't actually met the fella) as 1Step said, he conducts himself admirably in front of the cameras(mostly),honestly,& openly, & for him alone I'd like to see some success come the geordies way, but, & I might be wrong here(it has been known to happen, yes even I het things wrong sometimes) I just think its gonna end in more tears all over geordieland! but 1 thing few would deny, he'll get them playing attacking football.

Lol i didnt say what i said as a keegan response lol.

In the pub yesterday my mate was banging on about United being the best team ever and i said " yeah cos god knows you have been mighty successful in europe". So i thought i spring it on you

:reject:

Merry Christmas ?

to be fair though, fergie is one of the greatest managers ever but im sure he would have expected maybe a little more than his 2 european successes in 20 years with the amount of great teams he's built.

mind you he's also won more charity shields than keegan has proper cups....

^ A psychiatrist dies, b4 St. Peter lets him pass thru the pearly gates, he pulls him to 1 side and says, "B4 we allow u in, we have 1 small problem we'd like u to deal with," "Whats the matter?" enquires the pschiatrist, "Its God" says St .Peter, "He thinks he's Alex Ferguson!!!"

isn't that an old joke about bono? and you've just replaced his name with fergie?

very clever :wink:

if fergie really was god he'd never have let paul mcgrath go...

Coleman isnt in the frame for keegans assistant so i think sir alan will be announced today at 2.

1stepcloser said:
isn't that an old joke about bono? and you've just replaced his name with fergie?

very clever :wink:

if fergie really was god he'd never have let paul mcgrath go...

Yeah great as he was, the real reason Fergie let him go was as a favour to drinkers everywhere in Gtr. Manchester, if Fergie hadn't split the Robbo/Whiteside/McGrath trio up, they'd have drunk Manchester dry!!!

haha yeah i found out all about that in mcgraths book. i've read roy keane's book too and he said it carried on while fergie was there with the likes of bruce/ince/himselfpallister/sharpe ect...

perhaps the silliest i read about was jackie charlton making the irish national team squad take the "harry ramsdens challenge" before matches!

Aardvark747 said:
Playing Reading today, hopefully will continue the roll we're on - winning with goals galore!:drool:

Nope. Toughest game in a while, even after we took the lead they were still pouring the pressure on. Lucky Ronaldo was there to seal it...23 goals this season, and counting!:drool:

Anyone see another in the growing list of how not to defend in top class football by the one & only titus BUMBLE, God that lad is 1 unfortunate, useless, bungling buffoon, & still he get a kings ransom in wages every week, anybody who's ever looked at a pair of football boots could do as good a job as him, or should that be, could do no worse! absolutely F*$£ing useless!

In a week when UNITED have no matches, Prem, Carling Cup, Europe, what better way to give the players some well earned rest:)eyebrow: ) than play a totally meaningless "friendly" half way across the world, does seem to make a mockery of the old chestnut, "the players need a break" bullshit normally trotted out by any manager ( & I include SAF in that) after a defeat.

Seems all is not well in mickey mouse land, apparently the bindippers are planning some sort of protest at anfield tonight, don't know what form of action they're planning, but no doubt the number of hubcap thefts will drop for a couple of hours at least.
Btw 1 Step, hope Villa slaugther them!

Reading skipper Graeme Murty swapped shirts with Cristiano Ronaldo on Saturday but had it pinched from the dressing room when he was in the shower (Star).

Didn't know there were any scousers at Reading!

Sheffield Wednesday boss Brian Laws says his wife is such a big Owls fan she had packed his bags and threatened to throw him out if they did not beat Sheffield United (Mail).

Can't think of a better excuse to tell his team to throw a match.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom