yay for U2 imitators!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blue_Angel

Acrobat
Anybody know who Rubyhorse is? they are Irish and have very strong U2 influences (or copying in some cases) in their songs and a lot of dance background. Oh yeah and they also copied the Beatles quite a bit on some of their songs...George Harrison plays on one.

but all that being said, I really like their cd :D

I saw this video on MTV today, it's by Jose Pardillo and has a Spanish title (but it sung in English) and it sounds loads like One. The chord progressions and all, and suddenly he starts out 'new love/new life' exactly like One. I didn't know what to think of it.

I'll check out Rubyhorse.

kinda like that Craig David song? I swear he stole the opening chords from One but seeing as I am not musically inclined, I can;t really tell :D

I do actually really like listening to Rubyhorse, copy-catting aside.

Blue_Angel said:
kinda like that Craig David song? I swear he stole the opening chords from One but seeing as I am not musically inclined, I can;t really tell :D

OMC NO KIDDING. :shocked: I heard that song months ago (called Walking away) and I almost fell over cuz i first thought it was a cover of ONE before he started singing. I was like runnin around frantically but there were no U2 fans around to point it out to....I forgot all about it....

I'm glad someone agrees...:D

It didn't go unnoticed in the U2 camp either. At the Brit Awards U2 did a One-Beautiful Day-UTEOTW-Mysterious Ways performance medley to celebrate their Contribution To British Music award..and paid a compliment to Craig David by dedicating One to him personally, and slipping in a few lines of Walking Away at the end. Craig David I believe repaid the favour months later by opening with One and slipping into Walking Away at another show..possibly the Grammies..the two do blend together strongly

Last edited:
I picked up their cd a few weeks ago (Rubyhorse) on a whim.

Kinda dissapointed actually. The music is ok, but seriously derrivitive.

And the lyrics are complete shite IMO.

I think they could be a decend band, but I swear it's like their trying to sound like U2 and the Beatles among others.

Back
Top Bottom