Yanks And Sox

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stray dog

Refugee
the rivalry resumes. Sorry honey, this is what I am thinking about when I make love to you.:wink:

shoot, i don't know why this series is such a big deal...what about the rockies/padres? this is the rockies year, i can feel it, GenR is goin all the way. i mean with big names like choo freeman and a solid pitching staff headed by a man who graduated from my high school, the one, the only, thuggalicious shawn chacon.

seriously though, maybe they can go .500 this year. helton's always a threat, hopefully preston wilson stays healthy, and after chacon, the rest of the rotation is decent. the big x-factor is whether their closer will be decent, tsao is on the dl, so we're counting on notorious choke artist byung yun kim, so we'll see.

GO ROCKIES!

Headache in a Suitcase said:
the rockies are a glorified triple A team...
IjiHftEJ.jpg
they may be a triple A team, but they're a triple A team with heart, desire, and a will to win, which is more than we could ever say about most of the blake street bomber teams.

they even overcame their own bullpen today, which is a tremendous feat all by itself. but then went on to rock trevor hoffman for four runs in the ninth.

aaron (i can see for) miles went 5-6 with three triples. jeff baker hit a homer in his first major league at bat. clint barmes hit the game winning home-run. i predict the rockies to compete in the nl west this season.

and while i'm making predictions about teams based on their openers :wink:, how bout them red sox!

EDIT TO ADD:there were also some u2 related events...a trivia question was: what is the number one single playing right now? (it was with or without you) what year was it released? (1987 of course) and who was the nl rookie of the year in 1987? (benito santiago)

also, in the bottom of the ninth, after the first out of the inning, elevation was played (which i learned last year was their good luck rally song) and i turned to thefly7 and said, "hey, this is their good luck rally song" and they quickly scored four runs and won. also i had my lucky colorado eagles hat and lucky switchfoot shirt on (every little bit helps with the rockies).

Last edited:
I'm a life-long, die-hard Yanks fan. What a weekend for me....2 U2 shows in anaheim, my fantasy baseball draft in between the shows, then the Yanks win on opening day behind Randy Johnson. If you're a dork like me, life does not get any better than this....until Wednesday at Staples! :) Beware of the Twins, this could be the year they unseat the Sox/Yanks.

Did you see that the game Sunday was the third most watch program IN THE HISTORY of espn?...:rockon:

come on... how could an entire mountain range just disappear?

the midwest is a strange void in my never-been-off-the-east-coast mentality. i'm sure stranger things have happened.

i hope a-rod has an mvp type season to piss off red sox fans, schilling has a cy young type season to piss off yankee fans, and both teams miss the playoffs to piss of fans of both teams.

tis would be a perfect world.
Sounds like sour grapes from a guy whose team has a $678Billion payroll and still started the season 0-5, struck out a whopping 18 times yesterday and enters today as the only team in MLB with a worse record than the Colorado Bitchin' Rockies!:wink:

How's Andy Pettitte doing in his old city today?

Hewson said:
Sounds like sour grapes from a guy whose team has a $678Billion payroll and still started the season 0-5, struck out a whopping 18 times yesterday and enters today as the only team in MLB with a worse record than the Colorado Bitchin' Rockies!:wink:

How's Andy Pettitte doing in his old city today?

1-0 astros in the 6th... there was just a 14 minute delay for "sun glare" :rolleyes:

and yea... the mets and their bloated pay roll has produced just one win thus far... i wish they would have started more like the sawks and they're vaunted two wins.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom