YakAlike - chat with other people viewing the same web page as you

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Canadiens1131

ONE love, blood, life
This thing is awesome. You're going to need to have Firefox as your web browser. YakAlike is a free extension for Firefox that allows you to see and chat with other people who are viewing the same webpage as you in a chatroom

It's an interesting idea and I'm sure it'll be a hit on forums and community sites like LiveJournal and Flick'r.

Installation

Head over to http://www.yakalike.com/ and click on 'Install the Firefox Extension' - you may need to allow Firefox to let that site open a popup (Options button on the popup blocker bar that appears).

Adding the button to your Firefox toolbar

Once the extension is downloaded, restart FF. Now right click somewhere to the right of your File/Edit/etc menus and pick 'Customize'. Find the yakalike icon and drag it to wherever you want it to sit on the Firefox toolbar.

Yak-ing

Now simply surf to a webpage that might have some people on it, and click the Yakalike button on your toolbar. For now user accounts are disabled, but you can use a temporary nickname (Interference nick?!).

Start yakking!

Wouldn't this be kind of annoying though? Like if you didn't want to be bothered? I would hope that you could make yourself "invisible" or something if you didn't want to be bothered? Like turn the yakking select on and off?

My post count won't up with it. If I'm chatting with my Interference fans, I sure want my post count to rise. :wink:

namkcuR said:
My post count won't up with it. If I'm chatting with my Interference fans, I sure want my post count to rise. :wink:
Hehe very true.

I've just been messing around with the thing. Reminds me of something like an answering machine.

Carek1230 said:
:up: I love upping the post count on the blue crack, I'm an addict and a post whore :wink:

really? i would have never guessed

Back
Top Bottom