XX Olympic Winter Games - Torino, Italy - Page 21 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-18-2006, 10:59 PM   #301
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:55 AM
And they wonder why the Olympics loses to American Idol in the ratings.

Old 02-18-2006, 11:05 PM   #302
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 08:25 AM
Good for hockey, embarrassing for Canada and the NHL to lose in such a manner and look so individual in doing so. This Olympic hockey tournament is really interesting this time. Even the US NHL all-star team is looking bad. It's still wide open but there are no guarantees this time. But congratulations Switzerland, great achievement against two hockey powers.

Bode Miller suggesting he doesn't care is offensive to every athlete who dreams about participating in the Olympics, and who is or has ever participated. Next time around, drop out of the team, let someone who wants to be there have the spot. Ridiculous attitude for an athlete.

Our curling teams this year are weak, just not calling the right games or making the big shots. If they don't make the playoffs, it will be a colossal failure for Canada's process in choosing the Olympic representatives in curling. Canada is a world power in curling and should at least be good enough to be in the top 4. Time will tell, 2 more games left, Kleibrink needs help, Gushue has to beat the Americans and hope Italy loses.

Go Pierre Lueders!!! in bobsleigh!!

Congrats to the US speedskaters and the South Korean speedskaters, impressive racing.

Old 02-18-2006, 11:07 PM   #303
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
And they wonder why the Olympics loses to American Idol in the ratings.
I would think Ice Dancing would get huge ratings, look at the success of Dancing with Stars and Skating with Stars. This combines both dancing and skating, ok, no celebrities.
Old 02-18-2006, 11:13 PM   #304
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Local Time: 06:55 AM
What is up with Shauni Davis? His attitude during the NBC interview after he won his gold was odd. Drama! He and Hedrick have obvious dislike for one another.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercu...s/13907319.htm
Old 02-18-2006, 11:40 PM   #305
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:55 AM
Old 02-19-2006, 12:41 AM   #306
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by anitram
A lot (or most) of this is the fault of NBC who routinely hypes up American athletes to such points of obnoxiousness that it's nearly unwatchable. Bode happens to be one of their picks this year.

exciting stuff today

the mens speedskating 1000M final was great, thrilling race

the USA vs Slovakia hockey game was awesome the hockey tournement is really open the USA vs Russia game could be very interesting

men's biathlon pursuit, was very close. one of my favourite events

i was glad Davis won gold in the 1000m race...but it's clear he and Hendrick hate each others guts meanwhile Cheek gets another medal and keeps looking better and better
Old 02-19-2006, 03:14 AM   #307
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:55 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75
What is up with Shauni Davis? His attitude during the NBC interview after he won his gold was odd. Drama! He and Hedrick have obvious dislike for one another.
I couldn't believe the interview either. He didn't even look at the camera, gave short/curt answers, and finally kinda smiled AFTER he was done with the interview. Looked like the female interviewer was a little stunned there afterwards, especially with his (lack of) response.

can't wait to see the race that Davis & Headrick are both competing in...

saw some of the pursuits on Saturday morning. The men's was so close at the end!
Old 02-19-2006, 06:29 AM   #308
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 07:55 AM
I thought she was pushing him for an NBC appropriate reaction right from the beginning. "It was good to see you smile finally."..."Are you happy?" He answers yes, but does not smile.
"Are you angry?" What a stupid question. I don't know if Davis was angry or not. It wasn't my business amd was an absolutely inappropriate question. Commentator was also remarking on the skiier (skijumper? It's early morning and I'm a little jumbled right now) who didn't smile after a great run when he took gold. Comments in written press that Plushenko's eyes were dry during medal ceremonies. On the flip side, you've got Bob Costas almost disappointed that Ohno was fine with his short track bronze and then Costas trying to stir up a little controversy about the Korean team doublemanning him. Like any SMART athlete, Ohno kept his mouth shut because he is going to keep competing against the Koreans. All he said is it was his job to figure out how to get around it. NBC wants these kodak moments and doesn't like when they don't get them. NBC is an ass.
Old 02-19-2006, 08:16 AM   #309
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by BonosSaint
On the flip side, you've got Bob Costas almost disappointed that Ohno was fine with his short track bronze and then Costas trying to stir up a little controversy about the Korean team doublemanning him. Like any SMART athlete, Ohno kept his mouth shut because he is going to keep competing against the Koreans. All he said is it was his job to figure out how to get around it. NBC wants these kodak moments and doesn't like when they don't get them. NBC is an ass.
You mean other people compete in men's short track skating. According to NBC, it is just Ohno.
Old 02-19-2006, 11:34 AM   #310
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercu...s/13907319.htm
Alot of these guys dislike each other because they compete against each other, I suppose.
Old 02-19-2006, 04:34 PM   #311
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by verte76

Alot of these guys dislike each other because they compete against each other, I suppose.
Competing on the track and for sponsorship dollars.
Old 02-19-2006, 04:51 PM   #312
Blue Crack Addict

I just cheated on the ice dance OD standings. I won't disclose anything other than it's looking better than it was yesterday.
Old 02-19-2006, 05:30 PM   #313
Blue Crack Addict

For the record there will a Turk competing in the ladies' competition for the first time ever. She lives and trains in Canada right now, but she's puttting her country on the figure skating map. I just got this information from the Turkish Embassy web site.
Old 02-19-2006, 06:42 PM   #314
Blue Crack Addict

I've got my fill of curling for the day.
Old 02-19-2006, 07:48 PM   #315
Refugee

Fuck, Team Canada is killing me in hockey. I feel kind of embarrased as a Canadian to lose to Finland and Switzerland 2-0. I'm not really sure where the problem is though, We've put together a team of Canadian all star goal scorers and yet we've been shut out twice. Maybe we should balme the coaches for not getting the team ready for the games.