XX Olympic Winter Games - Torino, Italy - Page 19 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-18-2006, 12:41 AM   #271
War Child

Local Time: 04:57 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader

I say cancel the skating and give us more Snowboard cross.
As long as I don't have to watch Lindsey pulling a Champ Bailey again...what an idiot!!!

Old 02-18-2006, 12:53 AM   #272
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ljclary

As long as I don't have to watch Lindsey pulling a Champ Bailey again...what an idiot!!!
yes, that made me laugh

Old 02-18-2006, 01:23 AM   #273
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 05:27 AM
Olympics were great today, I was working so I had to listen on the radio. Canada has moved up in the medal count. I couldn't believe hearing that with 2 minutes to go, the Swedes were tied with the US in women's hockey and then found out Sweden won in a shootout, amazing victory.

That snowboard cross race was freaky, big crashes, some hotdogging and unpredictable ending. Great event.

Canada never won a medal in skeleton ever at the Olympics until this year, out of the 6 medals for men and women, we took 1 gold, 1 silver, and 1 bronze, Calgary's legacy from the '88 Olympics is paying off. Mellisa Hollingsworth-Richards is a babe too. And Jeff Pain's helmet is kick ass with the snarling beaver on the top.

Canada's women hockey team did a great job putting them in a position to defend their gold medal. Sweden's young goalie will be a definite challenge for our women. The loss is sad for the US women but good for the game, just like when the US Dream Team made basketball a joke at first, slowly other teams started improving and competing on a par level, the same is happening in women's hockey.

The National ( our CBC news show) mentioned that the Canadian Norwegian embassy is being inundated with thank yous by Canadians for the actions of the Norwegian coach who gave Sara Renner a ski pole after she snapped her pole in the team sprint allowing Canada to win the silver medal.

Anyone see the video of US freestyle skiier, Jeff Bean, lose his skiis during his practice today, CRAZY video. The skis went flying into the sky.
Old 02-18-2006, 02:45 AM   #274
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 01:57 AM
I caught the women's snowboarding quarter, semi and finals this evening. My husband had told me in advance of Miss USA's moves, and how Tania (Swiss winner) will not necessarily be remembered for winning the gold, buy how what's her name lost the gold.

I don't like the rules where if you were knocked down or taken out by another competitor by accident (ran into, fell, etc.) that you should be penalized as well. If 2 people fell during the final, would there even be a bronze awarded? Sorry I don't know the names, but I think it was the Canadian who went into the fence & was carried out by stretcher, leaving the other woman who fell. Did she get up from her fall and finish the course for bronze?

And that waltzing ice dancing was boring the crap out of me, hence I am here posting...
Old 02-18-2006, 09:43 AM   #275
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:57 AM
And Bode Miller choked again, DNF in the Super G today.
Old 02-18-2006, 11:10 AM   #276
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:57 AM
I never watch the Compulsory Dance, which is what that waltz thingie was. It's incredibly boring and I was tired. I'm told the Eurosport commentators had a fit over the judging while the Americans thought everything was hunky-dory.
Bode Miller is turning into the Hype From Hell. Now he's 0 for 3.
Old 02-18-2006, 11:27 AM   #277
Blue Crack Addict

Congrats to Yvgeny!

He really reminds me of a young John Lennon, anyone else see this?

he's a married man already, here's his wife:

here they are getting back to St. Petersburg where he will be honored. He'll be back in Turin for the exhibitions.

Old 02-18-2006, 12:00 PM   #278
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64
I caught the women's snowboarding quarter, semi and finals this evening. My husband had told me in advance of Miss USA's moves, and how Tania (Swiss winner) will not necessarily be remembered for winning the gold, buy how what's her name lost the gold.

I don't like the rules where if you were knocked down or taken out by another competitor by accident (ran into, fell, etc.) that you should be penalized as well. If 2 people fell during the final, would there even be a bronze awarded? Sorry I don't know the names, but I think it was the Canadian who went into the fence & was carried out by stretcher, leaving the other woman who fell. Did she get up from her fall and finish the course for bronze?

And that waltzing ice dancing was boring the crap out of me, hence I am here posting...
If you fall and stay in the course you have the ability to get up and finish.

And as for Bode Miller, I don't want to say I told you so, but...

Switzerland is beating Canada in men's ice hockey right now...2-0 with 2 min left.
Old 02-18-2006, 12:04 PM   #279
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:57 AM
Canada upset by the Swiss
Old 02-18-2006, 12:06 PM   #280
Blue Crack Addict

Old 02-18-2006, 01:20 PM   #281
Blue Crack Addict

Too bad for Canada, this is a pretty big upset.
Old 02-18-2006, 01:25 PM   #282
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:57 AM
The Women's Pursuit Biathalon is fairly exciting - hit your targets to avoid penalty loops.
Old 02-18-2006, 02:19 PM   #283
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by verte76
Bode Miller is turning into the Hype From Hell. Now he's 0 for 3.
The hype was all on the media's part and he could care less. He'll be happy once it's all over with and go back home to NH. Who knows, maybe I'll see him skiing Tuckerman's Ravine come the spring.
Old 02-18-2006, 02:30 PM   #284
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by randhail

The hype was all on the media's part and he could care less. He'll be happy once it's all over with and go back home to NH. Who knows, maybe I'll see him skiing Tuckerman's Ravine come the spring.
I honestly don't think he gives a damn.
Old 02-18-2006, 03:07 PM   #285
Blue Crack Addict

Shani Davis just won the gold medal in the 1,000 meter speed skating competition. He is the first African-American to win an Olympic gold medal. Of course Debi Thomas was the first African-American to win an Olympic medal when she won the bronze in 1988.