Xtc!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I went to see them at the Hollywood Paladium.Andy Partridge decided that evening that he was done performing live. The opening band played, but XTC never came out. They were through. I love English Roundabout. It's a good album

and all the world is football shaped....
senses working overtime.

My hub is now in a 3 piece band so the singer guitarist mainly decides on the material they do .He digs up some oldies that I wonder about sometimes.
Bummer about Andy's sudden decision that day, martha.

xtc
daafish
I only recall that song on the radio a long time ago and it's just popped up again lately for me.Something about lemons :)I don't know their other material .

Last edited:
daafish said:

XTC!!! You know, the slightly obscure English New Wave/College Rock group that really came on the scene with their '92 release "The Ballad of Peter Pumpkinhead." Although, technically they've been around late 70's. Oh ya, here's a bit of trivia... Steve Lillywhite has worked with them in the past... possibly their only U2 connection. I bought an autographed XTC CD from a charity auction. Who would've thought that I would be the ONLY bidder for it. :lol:

For those who say they suck, well, I can only respond by stating that they are an acquired taste. They're a light-hearted quirky group. Not exactly to be taken seriously (i.e. P.U.S.A.). Anywho, that's just my input :yes: ~Cleasai

Last edited:
Cleasai said:
their '92 release "The Ballad of Peter Pumpkinhead."

wasn't that a crash test dummies song? i am certain it was crash test dummies that had it on the 'dumb and dumber' soundtrack which would have been around '92 i think.

were the crash test dummies covering the song?

There was a guy that used to hang out here who really loved that band. I'm not that familiar with them myself.

*sigh* Crash Test Dummies are the folks that brought us "Mmm mm mm mm." The version you heard of "Peter Pumpkinhead" (on that said soundtrack) was a remake of the XTC original. Personally I'm keen on the original version. -=Cleasai

Yes Sicy, "Dear God" was also sung by XTC around 1987.

Sicy said:
I was just asking a question... Sicy style... :sexywink:

And this is why I'm respectively scared of her heh heh. Btw Sicy, have you ever been down here in San Diego? you look VERY familer! I check out your site :) Nice ride! (I apologize for being off topic) -=Cleasai

Well man created the cardboard box to sleepin it.
And man converted the newspaper to a blanket.
Well you have to admit that he`s come a long way
since swinging about in the trees

We`re the smartest monkey`s
The smartest monkey`s.
the evidence is all around.
our brains are bigger.
This we`ve found.
The smartest monkey`s

Well man discovered the park bench can make a transition.
And the rubbish tip makes a valid form of natrition.
With discoveries like this,
Civilatation agrees.
To give itself a pat on the back,

We`re the smartest monkey`s.
The evelution`s plain to see
We`re the dominant of the species.
The smartest monkey`s

We brought the caceman fron the stoneage
to the subways of the modern world
How they pack so many in.
Quick call the Guinness book of records
We`ll you have to admid.
We`re the smartest monkey`s.

XTC, the smartest monkey`s from the nonsuch cd. ( on that cd is also the ballad of peter Pumpkinhead.

Cleasai said:
And this is why I'm respectively scared of her heh heh. Btw Sicy, have you ever been down here in San Diego? you look VERY familer! I check out your site :) Nice ride! (I apologize for being off topic) -=Cleasai

Hmm I've only been to San Diego once, years ago!

Back
Top Bottom