XM Radio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
$10/month subscription - equipment and activation fees vary.

I'd have to be in a place where I needed a radio on all the time to make it worth it. I barely watch enough TV to make our DirecTV worthwhile.

I?ll stick to CDs of U2 concerts (thanks to Sicy)!

:hmm: $10 a month?

hmmm...4.5 hour drive....xm radio.....radio....:shifty:

i kinda am tempted, i was going to go get it in my last car, but then the car crapped out, so yea, no good.

:hmm: but this car is going to last forever...

Satellite radio - what DirecTV is to television.

Many more channels, many specialty channels, coninuous coverage across the country. You could listen to the same channel driving from NY to LA, for example.

oh, thats interesting. except i have a thing called "cds" which plays the music that i want to hear when i want to hear it.

but still, i must say it does sound somewhat appealing. no commercials?

I would say that you should think of internet radio when you think of XM. Lots of specialty channels, etc. The question you should ask is if you liked the kind of variety of internet radio first?

Melon

Cow of the Seas said:
oh, thats interesting. except i have a thing called "cds" which plays the music that i want to hear when i want to hear it.

Yeah but they do play a wide variety of new music which you might not have heard of yet. If you do a lot of driving in your car, I'd say you should give it a shot.

melon said:
I would say that you should think of internet radio when you think of XM. Lots of specialty channels, etc. The question you should ask is if you liked the kind of variety of internet radio first?
yeah, that's the shitty thing. if i were to listen to an internet or satellite radio station, i'd probably pick 80s or new wave, or something like that. most of what i like is new wave, but there's so much of it i don't like. for example, if i was listening to an 80s station, i wouldn't wanna hear stuff like bananarama. i'd rather stick to duran duran, japan, U2, and all the groovy one hit wonders.

luckily i don't have to worry about even cds anymore. with my ipod, i can just upload playlists as big or small as i want, and play them through my car stereo (thank god i have an auxiliary plug). so this way, if i'll be on a six hour trip, i'll make sure to have a playlist at least that long if i don't wanna have to be dealing with pushing buttons while driving.

ipod = :love: :drool:

i know i'd be thoroughly frightened if david bowie fell through my roof.

Back
Top Bottom