X-Men 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
got_edge said:
Better than the first two but still :down:

Didn't stay for the scene after the end credits, though.

I realize everyone has different tastes, but I'm curious to hear your reasons for not liking any of the X-men movies - especially X2.

randhail said:

I realize everyone has different tastes, but I'm curious to hear your reasons for not liking any of the X-men movies - especially X2.

Generally, these films based on comic books have no plot and are filled with lame/cheesy dialouge.

I don't have X-Men 2 fresh in my mind, but I remember liking the The Last Stand more than the sequel.

got_edge said:

Generally, these films based on comic books have no plot and are filled with lame/cheesy dialouge.

I thought Tim Burton's Batman movies and the Spider-Man movies were the only ones not like that, how bout you?

LemonMacPhisto said:

I thought Tim Burton's Batman movies and the Spider-Man movies were the only ones not like that, how bout you?

I can agree on both Spider-Man films but I don't remember Batman at all. I must've been 5 when I saw it. I don't even think I spoke English back then! :happy:

just saw the movie, and I really liked it however it was very short so either an extended DVD is planned or they had no time to edit the movie properly.

a few observations...

The CGI was great except for Colossus who they nailed in X2.

they missed a fight between Colossus and Juggernaut !!

Shouldn't Wolverine had given Phoenix "the cure" instead of killing her??

oh and Angel need more scenes

ok that was the geek in me I used to collect X-men comics and my last storyline was the age of apocalypse :nerd:

As a fan of the comics through the mid-90s (stopped reading in college, and they're too confusing to start up again now), I really liked X3. It wasn't perfect, but I enjoyed it.

I'm too lazy to write a full-on review here..maybe I will later. ;) There's plenty of plot in the X-Men movies, and I think the high action-to-plot ratio of X3 is typical for movies that are third in a trilogy.

The sequel/prequels will be interesting. The Wolverine one should be best, as the character's awesome, Hugh is awesome, and there's a ton to play with. I just hope they give him as good a movie as he deserves ("he" being both Wolvie & Hugh!). There's talk of a Magneto movie, which could be cool. Rumors of a Storm movie....eh. I think Halle Berry would kill a Storm movie the same way she killed Catwoman. :shrug: Anyway....

Perhaps the best line in the movie was, "Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!" :lol: It's highly likely the got that from this video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3937653242682015759&q=juggernaut+bitch

:lmao:

LemonMacPhisto said:

The Spider-man flicks are full of cheesy dialogue - that's part of their charm.

Christopher Nolan's Batman Begins is probably the most serious and intelligent comic book film there is so far.

Slapnutz said:

The Spider-man flicks are full of cheesy dialogue - that's part of their charm.

Christopher Nolan's Batman Begins is probably the most serious and intelligent comic book film there is so far.

yeah, they do, but atleast they have strong plotlines and are enjoyable to casual moviegoers.

Canadiens1160 said:

That absolutley made the movie for me :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

WAIT, that line's actually in the movie?!?!

Oh god, I need to tell my friends now, lol.

I was entertained and enjoyed it overall. The last clip (after the credits); although short was crucial...I think we'll most likely see a fourth installment!

glenncerritos said:
I was entertained and enjoyed it overall. The last clip (after the credits); although short was crucial...I think we'll most likely see a fourth installment!

$196 Million Worldwide, But Still No X4 Plans?
Avi Arad tells Variety that they are going to move forward with the two spin-off movies instead of X-Men 4:

A big second frame decline is thus likely. But with nearly $200 million in domestic grosses by next weekend a virtual lock, Fox execs won't be shedding too many tears.

More likely, they'll be talking to their partners at Marvel about the next step for the franchise, since "Last Stand" was supposed to be the final film in a trilogy.

"The first reaction, which we should discard, is here comes 'X-Men 4,'" said Marvel Studios topper Avi Arad. "We're working on 'Wolverine,' which is definitely a continuation, and we have a very interesting script about a young Magneto."

I saw it tonight, I quite liked it :yes:

I didn't know there was a scene after the credits! doh! :mad:

Saw it today, glad I went. Not as good as the last one, and it had some cheesy lines, but overall, I enjoyed myself thoroughly.

Saw it this afternoon w/Mr. Blu & we both liked it. :up: :up: :up:
The Juggernaut line was funny, but the one we liked best was when Wolverine told the mutant who kept regenerating his arms as quickly as Wolverine cut them off to "Try growing those back" after he kicked the guy in the nads. :lmao:

And a spinoff Wolverine movie???? :combust: :drool: Hell yeah, I'd watch it. :yes:

I'm looking forward to the Magneto spin-off :combust: :drool:

Though, really, Professor Xavier is where it's at.

X3_xavier.jpg

When this movie finally comes to Hickville, I'm definitely watching it. :up: I'm not reading through this whole thread in case there are spoilers. I saw the first X-Men movie about three times when it first came out and saw X2 nearly double the amount. I have both on DVD and watch them regularly. I'll never forget the first time I saw Magneto switching the plates around inside Cerebro. I nearly imploded from the awesomeness. :drool: Not to mention when he made his big escape. :drool: I like Magneto a lot, could you guess? Dumb helmet and all. :drool:

magnetokicksass.jpg

I had to make that in MS Paint. :rockon:

Did anyone else watch the X-Men cartoons when you were kids? I loved them. :reject: I wanted to be Storm.

can anyone pm me and tell me what the whole scene was about after the credits rolled? it sort of went by too fast for me:reject:

GibsonGirl said:
Did anyone else watch the X-Men cartoons when you were kids? I loved them. :reject: I wanted to be Storm.

I wanted to be Storm too, no joke! I lived and breathed the cartoon series, that and Batman :shifty:. It's too bad they made Storm really dull in the movie series. Halle Berry :down:

And I'm with you on your love for Magneto. He's badass :drool:

So did the makeup people make Famke Janssen look kind of ... bad? She's still attractive by any standard, but she didn't look as pretty in this movie.

Was it her character that looked haggard, or is Famke starting to look a little haggard in real life as well?

Loved her hair, though. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom