X-Men 3 - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2006, 08:56 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:18 PM
There wasn't much in terms of character development, but I came into the movie hoping to be entertained and it certainly delivered. The action sequences during the last half of the movie were amazing. The special effects blew me away. I stayed after the credits, but the audience seemed antsy that the scene was so short. Not many people stayed in the first place. I'd say about 12 out of 200 people.

Quote:
Originally posted by maro_chik
Xmen continues (and hopefully will continue) to be a solid series.
Definitely . I hope the upcoming character-centric prequels are decent.

Old 05-28-2006, 09:47 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 02:18 AM
The last scene with Wolverine and Phoniex? Could have been a cover for a Harlequin novel

Old 05-28-2006, 09:56 PM   #18
The Fly

Local Time: 06:18 AM
Quote:
however possibly the best part about going to see X3 was the preview to SNAKES ON A PLANE!!
Everyone burst out laughing in my theater. What is happening to movies? All the previews were horrible!

Man, now I'm bummed we didn't stay for after the credits. Grrr.

Well if the fourth movie is going to be based on box office, they had better start filming. $107 million on opening weekend is pretty aweseome. Fourth best weekend opening of all time...sweet.
Old 05-28-2006, 10:08 PM   #19
Acrobat

I just got back from seeing X3 and really enjoyed it. I'm really glad I knew it wasn't anywhere close to the comics so I wasn't as disappointed. I didn't tell my husband it wasn't true to the comics so he didn't like it.

I think Wolverine's around 80.
Old 05-29-2006, 12:28 AM   #20
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:18 AM
Ok Wikipedia has a lot on this...but Wolverine was born in the 1800s...apparently he is coming up to 200 years old

I need more Wolverine action now
Old 05-29-2006, 12:51 AM   #21
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Canadiens1160

[

dude what the hell is going on there

Yeah I stayed for the credits, the movie would have felt wrong otherwise...it got redeemed with that xtra bit at the end
Old 05-29-2006, 08:08 AM   #22
Refugee

If Halle Berrys interview with Rossy on Friday can be taken as a sign there'll be an X-Men4, judged by the success at the box office, I'd say its in the bag, The Chicago Times, reports X3, took over $115 million, in 3 days in the US alone, and smashed all records for opening day receipts, raking in a colossal $72 million, fantastic!
Old 05-29-2006, 11:53 AM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by randhail
did everyone that saw it make sure to stay until after the credits for that nice little treat?
i stayed longer than most

but don't remember the treat?

edit to add:

so reading this thread

after the credits

they had the SoP preview.

my theater was empty by then

welcome to the O C.
Old 05-29-2006, 01:05 PM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 01:18 AM
At my theater I didn't see the Snakes on a Plane preview, but after the credits their is something related to X-men.
Old 05-29-2006, 04:49 PM   #25
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by randhail
At my theater I didn't see the Snakes on a Plane preview, but after the credits their is something related to X-men.
the SOAP preview was before the movie (at my theatre anyway, but I've talked to other people who didn't see the preview either, so I guess they didn't show it everywhere). after the movie was... can we have a thread to discuss this for people who have seen it or want spoilers?
Old 05-29-2006, 05:26 PM   #26
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by AtomicBono
the SOAP preview was before the movie (at my theatre anyway, but I've talked to other people who didn't see the preview either, so I guess they didn't show it everywhere). after the movie was... can we have a thread to discuss this for people who have seen it or want spoilers?
I don't see how the bonus scene should merit its own thread. I guess we could leave spoiler space or do the blue text coding [ color=skyblue ]spoiler discussion[ /color ] (removing the spaces from the brackets) to discuss it. There are a couple of videos of the final scene at YouTube. I found a decent one last night, but they seem to be cracking down on X-3 clips. I tried looking for it again but I keep finding foreign language clips.

Here's a description of the bonus scene for those that missed it:

higlight --> A scene early in the movie shows Professor Xavier lecturing his class about the moral implications of transferring one's consciousness into another person that was healthy but lacking brain functions due to being in a comatose state. He shows a brief clip featuring a man in a comatose state with Dr. MacTaggert.

After the credits we're taken to a scene in a hospital room. We see the man shown in the video with Dr. MacTaggert. The patient wakes up and says hello to the doctor in Patrick Stewart's voice, to which the doctor replies, "Charles?"
<-- end highlight
Old 05-29-2006, 11:15 PM   #27
Refugee

Location: I live in colombia, with a box of watercolors and butterflies in my tummy
It was kind of strange... I mean, the movie is really entertaining, but it was like getting all the cool characters in a bus and exploiding it.
Old 05-29-2006, 11:53 PM   #28
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Having fun with the changing weather in Illinois...and wanting to meet Bono again. Please...for christ sakes call me Weldy!!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by Queen Bee

I don't see how the bonus scene should merit its own thread. I guess we could leave spoiler space or do the blue text coding [ color=skyblue ]spoiler discussion[ /color ] (removing the spaces from the brackets) to discuss it. There are a couple of videos of the final scene at YouTube. I found a decent one last night, but they seem to be cracking down on X-3 clips. I tried looking for it again but I keep finding foreign language clips.
The people who remained in the theater with my dad and I ghasped when it was over.....at the least. But my dad knew about from a local movie critic

Also some of the people clapped when Magneto got injected with the Mutant cure

But it was a good movie and it was faithful to the Dark Phoenix novel...or at least the basis of it (I'm a HUGE fan of the Dark Phoenix graphic novel)....but it was better than the first one...but I'm not quite so sure about it being better than the second one...they seem to be pretty even in that department.

Edit: I had to get rid of the highlighted section...it was showing ...but you get the idea
Old 05-30-2006, 03:49 PM   #29
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Quote:
Originally posted by AtomicBono

however possibly the best part about going to see X3 was the preview to SNAKES ON A PLANE!!
Now I have to go see it .
Old 05-31-2006, 08:46 PM   #30
Refugee

Better than the first two but still

Didn't stay for the scene after the end credits, though.