"X-Files" Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
I admit it, I was sucked into this show and an avid viewer. I own the movie...and yes, maybe even a book or two on the series. I even had this really really cool X-Files computer game that had the real actors in it...it was like an episode in and of itself. I even dressed up as Agent Scully for Halloween. I was obsessed (obviously).

The other day I was watching a rerun of it and I realized how much I missed the show. There's nothing like it on anymore. :sigh:

I almost bought all the DVDs on Ebay one cold winter night.

Great show in the beginning. The end was awful.

My friends and I used to have "X-Files" parties where we would all gather each week at someone's house for the weekly viewing of the new episodes :drool:

I miss it too :sad: There are just no good "conspiracy" shows on anymore ;)

I used to get really excited when another piece of the puzzle suddenly "fit" because someone or something showed at the right time and place to reveal some essential piece of information.

And I LOVED the CSM :hug:

The truth is out there...

Anyway, loved the show... but I have to admit that I stopped watching the last season after Mulder left...

I was a huge Phile back in the late 90s. Joined Internet fan groups for it and everything. I probably could have been a bigger U2 fan back then if the XF hadn't distracted me.

At its best, The XF had it all wrapped up in one weird and wonderful hour of television: Sci-fi, mystery, drama, comedy. Two very talented lead actors and one heck of a supporting cast. And, yes, I know it kills half of its fans to admit it ... that wonderful Mulder and Scully Romance.

I still miss The XF. Still watch XF reruns once in awhile on weekends. Still have a few friends I made though its online fandom. Thanks for the appreciation thread.

I was a SERIOUS X-Files geek. Fanfiction, bought all the paraphernalia, you name it. Most of my online friends were met through the X-Files fandom, and I'm still friends with most of them.

Sadly, I'm still pretty bitter about the way the last few seasons panned out (if they had ended the series after Mulder was abducted and JUST BEFORE Scully said she was pregnant, it would have been perfect). I have the DVDs, but haven't been able to bring myself to watch them in ages.

Soon, I hope. It was a great show.

Yeah...i don't know why they continued the series when mulder left. What made them think it would be any good? He was the heart of the show! :tsk: Anyway, there are few shows on that could compete with the quality of X-files.

And i'm glad to see i'm not the only x-file geek around here :hug:

excellent show from 1993 till 1999.....after that :down:

fav. episodes:

the one where they go to area 51 and mulder gets captured.

the one where they find an alien frozen in ice in antartica.

the one where.....oh man, it's been so long I can't remember them all.......

I too was an X-Filer!! :D I have a couple of books on the show, have a few seasons on dvd. None of the last couple of seasons. I stopped watching once Agent Mulder wasn't there anymore. I didn't like that new guy or gal they brought in after he left.
What a great show it was. What great characters it had, The LoneGun Men, Alex Krycek, Chain-Smoking Man, Mr. X, Skinner, Well Groomed Man, so on and so on. :drool:
Agent Mulder and Agent Scully, I loved their relationship they had with each other. Of course Agent "Spooky" Mulder was :combust:.

Some of my all time favorite episodes are: Jose Chung's 'From Outer Space, Home, Arcadia, Tooms, DPO, all the conspiracy episodes, just to name a few. I know I'm a dork. I do miss that show also, but I do watch the re-runs of the show on the different channels it is show on now. Nothing like it on now. :sad:

i'm a HUGE x-files geek. :reject:

my favourites were the funny episodes, too - the ones written by darin morgan:

humbug
clyde bruckman's final repose
jose chung's 'from outer space' (best. episode. ever.)
small potatoes

yeah, it definitely jumped the shark in its last few seasons, but i have to say, i've never been hooked on a show as much as i was on this one.

and david duchovny... :drool:

Count me in as an X-Filer was well!!

My favourite episode would have to be the one where Mulder FINALLY finds his sister. I know its not a particular popular episode with other X-Filer's, but the scene at the end where Mulder is walking through the crowd of ghost children, finally finds his sister and hugs her, while Moby's "My Weakness" is playing at the background. Chokes me up everytime.

Me too! The whole "gone up to be starlight" concept was so insanely STUPID, especially after all the buildup about Samantha, but something about Duchovny's acting in that last scene, and the music ... damn. I need a tissue, every time.

from jose chung's 'from outer space':

Blaine Faulkner: "...the proper authorities showed up with a couple of men in black. One of them was disguised as a woman, but wasn't pulling it off. Like, her hair was red... but it was a little too red, you know? And the other one, the tall lanky one, his face was so blank and expressionless. He didn't seem human. I think he was a mandroid. The only time he reacted was when he saw the dead alien."

(Mulder makes a strange high pitched whoop)

:lmao:

"I didn't spend all those years playing Dungeons & Dragons without learning a little something about courage."

Scully: "Are you sure it wasn't a girly scream, Mulder?"

:lol:

I was a huge X-Phile. I still have way too much X-Files stuff packed in a box--the action figures, the Barbies.

But here's where I can top you all. :reject:

Like U2democrat, I went as Scully for Halloween one year. Everyone really liked it and my cousin took a copy of the photo because she knew a guy who supposedly looked like Mulder and he couldn't find a good Scully. Fast forward to us attending a Trek convention together in costume...we were a huge hit. And it just kept going and going among this group of Trekkies, until finally, we landed on the back cover of the official X-Files Magazine, launching a whole lookalike contest. I kid you not. I still have copies of the magazine to prove it. :uhoh: If you want to see the photo, it's here. I always thought we looked crap! (I was only 17 when this was taken, wow!)

X-Files Photo

Glad to know I wasn't the only one! I was a huge X-Files fan. Sunday nights were sacred in my house. I wrote fanfiction (under my real name no less...ack!), went to cons, dyed my hair red in part of because of Scully, and dissected every mytharc episode down the tiniest minutiae.

Sadly the show lost most of its attraction for me after Mulder left. I never did watch the final season, although I did watch the series finale.

My favorite episodes of all time are Bad Blood - Luke Wilson as the sheriff is hilarious! And Paper Hearts. Mulder's anguish in that one just rips my heart out every time.

miss becky said:

My favorite episodes of all time are Bad Blood - Luke Wilson as the sheriff is hilarious!

I was just about to say that! :D

That is my favorite episode of all time :up:

Does anyone remember that every like Thanksgiving or Halloween FX would have an X-Files favorite episode marathon? My brothers and I would sit all day and watch that :reject:

lmjhitman said:

Blaine Faulkner: "...the proper authorities showed up with a couple of men in black. One of them was disguised as a woman, but wasn't pulling it off. Like, her hair was red... but it was a little too red, you know? And the other one, the tall lanky one, his face was so blank and expressionless. He didn't seem human. I think he was a mandroid. The only time he reacted was when he saw the dead alien."

:lmao:

That is why that is one of my all time favorite episodes. I mean Alex Trebek as the 2nd Man In Black.
Detective Manners and how he always was cursing, "You really bleeped up this case."
Scully: Of course he didn't really say "bleep", he said...
Jose Chung: I'm familiar with Detective Manners' colorful phraseology.

Mulder: Are you going to hold that boy?
Manners: You bet your blankety-blank bleep I am.

I may have seen that episode a few times. :giggle:

I remember watching The Host episode for the first time about that big fluke worm man swimming around in the sewer. I was eating pizza when then they showed him. :barf: Oh that was gross!!!

U2democrat said:
I admit it, I was sucked into this show and an avid viewer. I own the movie...and yes, maybe even a book or two on the series. I even had this really really cool X-Files computer game that had the real actors in it...it was like an episode in and of itself. I even dressed up as Agent Scully for Halloween. I was obsessed (obviously).

The other day I was watching a rerun of it and I realized how much I missed the show. There's nothing like it on anymore. :sigh:
Holy crap you too; well thats another thing we have in common

:drool: :heart: :sexywink:

I thought that Byers was a gun, I got a dozen x-files books ~ the episode guides, the science of the x-files, a few of the novels. Ah so many memories - the flukeman, humbug and that millenium crossover episode ~ oh and that zany episode of the x-files show in the show with Gary Shandling and Tea Leoni (I wonder how she got that gig :wink: ).

The cards (I got an embossed foil one) and the comics.

Last edited:
I wrote fanfiction (under my real name no less...ack!),

Oh my God, me too. I don't know what I was thinking, not using a pseudonym at first. Thankfully, I switched to a different name, but some of my early (also crappy, and, unfortunately, smutty) stories can be found via Google using my full name. Slowly, those web pages are disappearing, but god, how dumb was I?

Re: Re: "X-Files" Appreciation Thread

A_Wanderer said:
Holy crap you too; well thats another thing we have in common

:drool: :heart: :sexywink:

I thought that Byers was a gun, I got a dozen x-files books ~ the episode guides, the science of the x-files, a few of the novels. Ah so many memories - the flukeman, humbug and that millenium crossover episode ~ oh and that zany episode of the x-files show in the show with Gary Shandling and Tea Leoni (I wonder how she got that gig :wink: ).

The cards (I got an embossed foil one) and the comics.

:cute::faint:

I LOVE the one with Gary Shandling and Tea, that one was hilarious.

lmjhitman said:

:up: That was the best episode ever! I'd completely forgotten what it was called - will have to track it down now.

Does anyone know the name of the eposide with all of the cockroaches?? That was pretty funny too - plus it was Scully on her own. :drool:

I remember one time a bunch of us kids were together at a new years eve party (i think the age range was probably 8-10, i was probably 9) we were all watching x-files together, it was a first time for all of us, and something scary happened so all of us screamed and ran out of the room (guys and girls included).

fantastic show..........when i think of TV shows at their peak the only one i would rate higher than the X Files is 'The Simpsons'. But it blows every other show right out of the water..........

karls77 said:

:up: That was the best episode ever! I'd completely forgotten what it was called - will have to track it down now.

Does anyone know the name of the eposide with all of the cockroaches?? That was pretty funny too - plus it was Scully on her own. :drool:

That was War of the Coprophages. That was a pretty funny episode too, but I'm scared to death of cockroaches, so I always had a hard time watching it.

One of my favorites was "Arcadia" where they had to play husband and wife to infilterate the gated community. And now I live in a neighborhood just like that!!

Post-Modern Prometheus is another classic. :up: And Tales of a Cigarette Smoking Man!

Back
Top Bottom