"X-Files" Appreciation Thread - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-22-2005, 03:40 PM   #91
War Child

Local Time: 09:49 AM
6 pages of great memories of the X-files and I only just found this thread.
I used to love that show even though it freaked me out too at times! One of the best shows ever!

Old 07-22-2005, 03:56 PM   #92
The Fly

Local Time: 07:49 AM
Wow - GREAT thread! I didn't know so many people loved this show! I only own season 6 (most of my favorite episodes, Dreamland Pt I, II, How the Ghosts Stole Christmas, Triangle, Drive, Rain King, Arcadia...) and that's merely because Best Buy had them on sale for 49.99 instead of 99.99.

I got sucked into the 1st season, I was like, 8 or 9 I think. So great. Scared the crap out of me, some of the episodes (the ones with the ghost that crushed people's necks from the inside out, for example).

I used to militantly watch X-Files when it was on Friday nights... Then that 'Millennium" show came on, and bumped it to Sunday night... Grumble...

Plus, my name is Samantha, so I always thought it was cool that that was his sister's name too... WooOo!

I even made my parents take my pre-teen self to an X-Files convention way back when (first couple of seasons), and am mad I wasn't quite interested enough in the guests -- The Lone Gunmen. (ARGH!).

When I was first in line for the movie, I was happy to see theatre employees dressed up as FBI agents... I enjoyed the SciFi vendors seeling X-Files wares (I think I have wo aliens wearing I love Mulder/Scully shirts) and a recreation of Scully's badge.

I even contemplated cutting my hair to look similar to hers... I always liked her styled bob.. (Ahh!)

I was a member of the fan club, I wore my 'The Truth Is Out There' shirt proudly, despite being too large for myself... I still have my 'Deny Everything' sticker on my window and I even have the 'I Want To Believe' Poster from Mulder's office. I thinkI still have the X-Files hat I have, and some of the trading cards and a few of the books.

That being said, I hated, hated, HATED, the seasons where Mulder was gone - and I kind of zoned out during seasons 8 and 9. I managed to catch the last episode on mute (a friend of mine called, and now I've yet to actually see it), and I've been catching the re-runs on TNT way late at night and burst out laughing at the sheer un-X-Files-ness of the episodes with Doggett and them all... Not good at all.

Old 07-22-2005, 04:00 PM   #93
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by U2democrat
My gosh i had the craziest crush on david duchovny. I'm ashamed to say how many photos i had saved on my computer of him at one point
I never saved photos - but I had a crush too!
Old 07-22-2005, 04:01 PM   #94
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by Halifax
Count me in as an X-Filer was well!!

My favourite episode would have to be the one where Mulder FINALLY finds his sister. I know its not a particular popular episode with other X-Filer's, but the scene at the end where Mulder is walking through the crowd of ghost children, finally finds his sister and hugs her, while Moby's "My Weakness" is playing at the background. Chokes me up everytime.
That episode made me cry every time!! (That's how I discovered Moby!) So good...
Old 07-22-2005, 04:04 PM   #95
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by AvsGirl41
I was a huge X-Phile. I still have way too much X-Files stuff packed in a box--the action figures, the Barbies.

But here's where I can top you all.

Like U2democrat, I went as Scully for Halloween one year. Everyone really liked it and my cousin took a copy of the photo because she knew a guy who supposedly looked like Mulder and he couldn't find a good Scully. Fast forward to us attending a Trek convention together in costume...we were a huge hit. And it just kept going and going among this group of Trekkies, until finally, we landed on the back cover of the official X-Files Magazine, launching a whole lookalike contest. I kid you not. I still have copies of the magazine to prove it. If you want to see the photo, it's here. I always thought we looked crap! (I was only 17 when this was taken, wow!)

X-Files Photo
WOAH! Hahahaha! I used to get that magazine!! Hahahaha! You guys look way too good!
Old 07-22-2005, 04:07 PM   #96
The Fly

Re: Re: "X-Files" Appreciation Thread

"Ah so many memories - the flukeman, humbug and that millenium crossover episode ~ oh and that zany episode of the x-files show in the show with Gary Shandling and Tea Leoni (I wonder how she got that gig ).

Yes. Hollywood AD - such a funny episode... Jose Chung's was good too...

Anyone remember the episode where there was a fat kid who was a vampire (but he delivered pizzas, I think?!). That was a pretty funny episode... I don't remember much of it, however. Hope I'm not hallucinating.
Old 07-22-2005, 04:08 PM   #97
The Fly

Quote:
Does anyone remember that every like Thanksgiving or Halloween FX would have an X-Files favorite episode marathon? My brothers and I would sit all day and watch that [/B]
I do! I used to watch it as well!
Old 07-22-2005, 04:10 PM   #98
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by AvsGirl41
One of my favorites was "Arcadia" where they had to play husband and wife to infilterate the gated community. And now I live in a neighborhood just like that!!

Post-Modern Prometheus is another classic. And Tales of a Cigarette Smoking Man!
Rob and Laura Petrie, hahaha!

"Admit it Scully, you just want to play house!"

"Woamn, get back in here and make me a sandwhich!"

Love, love, love that episode.
Old 07-22-2005, 04:16 PM   #99
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
And the sleeping on the couch rather than in the bedroom bit; very relateable.
That's what I love about Dreamland Pt. II, when Mulder (the real one) comes back to the apartment and then opens the door to make sure it's his place...

I laugh every time when Scully said to pseudo-Mulder, "I didnt even know you HAD a bedroom!"
Old 07-22-2005, 04:19 PM   #100
The Fly

Re: Re: Re: "X-Files" Appreciation Thread

"Ah so many memories - the flukeman, humbug and that millenium crossover episode ~ oh and that zany episode of the x-files show in the show with Gary Shandling and Tea Leoni (I wonder how she got that gig ).

Yes. Hollywood AD (I love the scene where they're all on the phone in the bubble bath, and Mulder says something like Skin-man's taking a bubble bath, and Skinner's still on the line) - such a funny episode... Jose Chung's was good too... Anyone see X-Cops?! (The one that's like Cops?!)

Anyone remember the episode where there was a fat kid who was a vampire (but he delivered pizzas, I think?!). That was a pretty funny episode... I don't remember much of it, however. Hope I'm not hallucinating.

Anyone see the Simpsons episode with Mulder and Scully? My absolute favorite... Agent Mulder, FBI (his badge is HILARIOUS!)
Old 07-22-2005, 04:33 PM   #101
War Child

Local Time: 09:49 AM
Re: Re: Re: Re: "X-Files" Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by schnazdoodle
"

I remember that episode with the vampires too. Don't know the name either. I loved the scene with Mulder's sunflower seeds. The bag get's dropped and this vampire HAS to pick every single sunflower seed up from the ground. (hope we're talking about the same episode here )

And I've seen the one that was like Cops too. It was with the camera crew and the worst fears of people becoming real somehow... Pretty freaky stuff
Old 07-22-2005, 04:39 PM   #102
Blue Crack Addict

I'm so happy that this thread has taken off! It shows wat an incredible show X-Files was to still have such a loyal fan base.
Old 07-22-2005, 04:50 PM   #103
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 02:49 AM
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "X-Files" Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by Adam'sbaby

I remember that episode with the vampires too. Don't know the name either. I loved the scene with Mulder's sunflower seeds. The bag get's dropped and this vampire HAS to pick every single sunflower seed up from the ground. (hope we're talking about the same episode here )

And I've seen the one that was like Cops too. It was with the camera crew and the worst fears of people becoming real somehow... Pretty freaky stuff
WOW....both of those episode where awesome Luke Wilson was in the vampire one...I remeber Scully had a crush on him I really like the camera work the cops one it was just like they where taping the show COPS instead of X-files...Whatever the people feared came to life .....good stuff:
Old 07-22-2005, 04:53 PM   #104
Blue Crack Addict

I remember that COPS one, that was great. I really liked Triangle...that one was weird but entertaining.
Old 07-22-2005, 05:26 PM   #105
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:49 PM
Oh, Triangle was awesome!

"Scully?"
"Yes?"
"I love you."
"Oh, brother."