"X-Files" Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IheartU2 said:
Hey everyone who wants to buy the complete seasons... I got all 9 of them for my birthday from Costco. They are $65.99 with a $20.00 instant rebate, so each season was about $50.00 with tax. This is the best price I have ever seen on them, except on amazon the first season is sometimes $35.99, but that only happens once in a while. I hope that you all can get them because weekend x-files marathons are much fun! My husband had only seen about 5 episodes before we got the DVD's, and he is having a great time watching them with me! Go. Buy. Now!

good to know! thanks for that info.

Doing my best to keep this thread on Page 1...

I didn’t get into XF until the summer of 1997 when I started watching Season 4 reruns on Fox. I remember the episode that got me hooked - Momento Mori, when Scully found out she had cancer. What a fantastic episode! I completely fell in love with the characters of Mulder and Scully, and the whole conspiracy storyline. I absolutely had to know everything that had come before and what was going to happen next. Lucky for me, FX started showing all the episodes from the beginning not long after that. I got caught up in a couple of months! I spent countless hours on the X-Files Web sites reading and posting reviews of each episode and reading fan fiction.

I thought it all started to go downhill after the movie, but I hung in there until the last few seconds of the 1999-2000 season when Scully uttered those two fatal words: “I’m pregnant.” I had a feeling that would be the death knell of the show and I couldn’t even bring myself to watch any new episodes after that. I’ve heard from others who continued to watch that things went REALLY bad after that, so I’m glad I bailed when I did. I still have tons of episodes on videotape, but I haven’t watched any of them in a couple of years. I think enough time has passed that I no longer feel bitter toward Chris Carter, so maybe it's time to dig them out again.

I really enjoyed the X-files even though I knew the show would never be the same once Mulder left:(

It wasnt the same when Mulder left, but it was still better television than most things on TV at the time, I'm not saying it was the right decision though just making a counter point, Having said that Via Negativa (episode where doggetts not sure if he's awake or not, and the guy uses his 3rd eye) is amazing.

Quiz: What episode was Jack Black in, and what season was it?
Extra points if you can name the main character in this episode too.

Answers on a post card.

Giovani Rabisi was the lighting boy..and Jack Black was his friend that he killed ...I do not remember the name of the episode :( I do not remember the season either:sad:

Carmelu2fan said:
Giovani Rabisi was the lighting boy..and Jack Black was his friend that he killed ...I do not remember the name of the episode :( I do not remember the season either:sad:

i remember that one! i liked that one. it was an earlier season...:hmm:

it was D.P.O, season 3.

there were a lot of notable guest stars over the years:

giovanni ribisi, jack black, luke wilson, lucy liu... i'm sure there's more.

That was a good question Clayton man!!!! I remember seeing Tea Leoni, Peter Boyle, Alex Trabek, Gary Shandling...yep alot of cool guest:wink:

ClaytonMan said:
Via Negativa (episode where doggetts not sure if he's awake or not, and the guy uses his 3rd eye) is amazing.
THANK YOU!! i'd been trying to figure out the name of this episode since i posted about it earlier in the thread.

:up:

I always thought Skinner was one of the coolest characters on the show. I loved it when he told CSM, "This is where you pucker up and kiss my ass!" I think I cheered.

A_Wanderer said:
Humbug freaked me out :wink:
one of my favourite episodes:

Mulder: "Tell me, have you done much circus work in your life?"
Mr Nut: "And what makes you think I've ever spectated a circus? Much less been enslaved by one?"
Mulder: "I know that many of the citizens here are former circus hands, and I just thought that..."
Mr Nut: "You thought that because I am a person of short stature, that the only career I could procure for myself would be one confined to the so-called 'Big Top'. You took one quick look at me, and decided that you could deduce my entire life. Never would it have occurred to you that a person of my height could have possibly obtained a degree in Hotel Management."
Mulder: "I'm sorry. I meant no offence."
Mr Nut: "Well then why should I take offence? Just because it's human nature to make instantaneous judgements of others based solely upon their physical appearances? Why I've done the same thing to you, for example. I've taken in your all-American features, your dour demeanour, your unimaginative necktie design, and concluded that you work for the government; an FBI agent... but do you see the tragedy here? I have mistakenly deduced you to a stereotype. A caricature, instead of regarding you as a specific, unique individual."
Mulder: But I am an FBI agent."

---

hey, i went to high school with the guy in your avatar, a_wanderer. :up:

lmjhitman said:

THANK YOU!! i'd been trying to figure out the name of this episode since i posted about it earlier in the thread.

:up:

I could probably name all the episodes if anyone else has any questions, not that i know them well or anything :eyebrow:

suffice to say X files was cool.

and if anyone gets the chance to see millennium again dont pass it up, cos its good dark television

Bono's shades said:
I always thought Skinner was one of the coolest characters on the show. I loved it when he told CSM, "This is where you pucker up and kiss my ass!" I think I cheered.

THE CSM...he was one of the BEST T.V bad guys in history!!!! GO CSM!!!!A TRUE SOB!!!:applaud:

I think that was because we did not know if Skinner was a good guy or a bad guy.... He proved himself to be on the good side, later on as the show progressed ....I also want to add that Skinner is the second sexiest bald guy on the planet...THE EDGE is numger one:giggle:

U2democrat said:
:bump:

I keep seeing the DVDs on display at best buy....they're sooooo tempting.
I took the plunge today, I went out and bought Season 5 on DVD, it was only 45 dollars ~ so 30 USD. So shiny and good.

Today i was in an episcopalian church, it was st. peter's, and they had a banner with an upside down cross and I knew the meaning of it from the x-files :huh::lol:

I forgot which episode that was, but I think it was one of mulder's last seasons. They were dealing with devil stuff and mulder (or scully) asked the priest why he wore a cross that was upside down and the priest explained that that's how peter was crucified. It was a good episode.

That was a great episode - the girls with severe disabilities dying in ways that reeked of religious significance, Scully being forced to deal with the death of Emily ...

All Souls! That's the name. I had to pull my DVDs off the shelf for the first time in a long time to check out the title.

:wink:

oh gods this thread brings back good memories :drool:

i loved David D, and was a complete x-phile (so was my mum)

i didnt bother with it when mulder left though, it just didnt have the same appeal with him being the main character :tsk:

must go dig out the few old videos i have and watch :drool: the comedy episodes where my fave too :happy:

Great thread BTW :up:

mdw3935 said:

Did you ever have these saved on your computer?

dd2.bmp

dd.bmp

Tea anyone? :ohmy:

:lmao:

i remember that pic

i was about 12/13/14 when that was about my mum found it some where and gave it me , think she wanted to perve aswell

:shifty:

:lmao:

Hey, I think I still have that picture somewhere.... :hmm: I used to collect every cut out and interview I could find..... It was quite a while ago 'though

Back
Top Bottom