"X-Files" Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Remember how exciting it was when they would change the tagline?

"Oooh! It said 'Resist or Serve'! Did you see?? Oh man."

It seemed so momentous, like it meant something for the mythology and now I know they were just yanking our chain. :mad:

AvsGirl41 said:

It seemed so momentous, like it meant something for the mythology and now I know they were just yanking our chain. :mad:

I know what you mean. I used to tape all the episodes, and I would always include the opening credits, just in case they changed the tagline. You just never knew when that would happen.

AvsGirl41 said:

yeah, i'd get pretty excited about that too.

my favourites were: 'Everything Dies', 'Nothing Important Happened Today', and 'erehT tuO si hturT ehT'.

this thread is totally reminding me about what a huge nerd i was/am about this show.

A friend of mine who lives in LA has a Duchovny autographed X-Files lunch box. She reported, as have others who have seen him, that the man, while attractive on screen or paper, is Sex On a Stick in person.

It's funny, he never did it for me. I thought he was good looking, but he just never was on my list--as opposed to every other girl I knew who watched the show!

I always found Jeffery Spender weirdly attractive, he looks kind of like Ioan Gruffudd.

cast_jeffreyspender.jpg

:hmm: He is cute, but David is :drool: ...I am not gay but Gillian was so damn cute...I would have made out with her:giggle:

I thought Gillian was gorgeous too. I still have tons of photos of her, I was always copying her hair and makeup. I still wish I looked like her.

I don't know why she got rid of the red hair, she really does look awful now. :down:

Did you ever see her in "The House of Mirth"? She did such a good job.

U2democrat said:
it's ok, we're all nerds about the show here! :hug:
Must. Avoid. Star. Trek. References.

I freely admit that I was and in plenty of ways still am a nerd. I watched X-Files (since grade 4), Star Trek, Buffy, Angel, Twilight Zone, Sea Quest DSV, Red Dwarf, Monty Python and all that. I played my computer games as well as D&D as well as Vampire the Masquerade. Quoted all the TV shows incessently e.g. in physics "should we correct for wind resistence?" or in chemistry "(write the periodic table on your hand), including all known lanthinides and actinides? good luck!".

So anyway, we may be nerds about certain things but in the end that just means that we will get more of the jokes that the sometimes equally nerdy writers of these shows put in there.

Oh, who's that :combust: one in your profile, and im not talking about Mellencamp :sexywink:

AvsGirl41 said:
I thought Gillian was gorgeous too. I still have tons of photos of her, I was always copying her hair and makeup. I still wish I looked like her.

I don't know why she got rid of the red hair, she really does look awful now. :down:

Did you ever see her in "The House of Mirth"? She did such a good job.

What did she do to her HAIR:shocked: ???? I have not seen "The House of Mirth" yet..I will have to go rent that one...thanks for mentioning that I have never seen her in anything besides the X-Files:wink:

House of Mirth is wonderful. She was really impressive in it.

She was also in Playing By Heart, which I really enjoyed, and The Mighty, which was also very good.

She's blonde now, and too skinny, and just kind of ... I don't know. Unattractive. :(

:ohmy: I am going to rent those movies tonight!!!Thank you:wave: corrianderstem...I cannot belive she went blonde:eyebrow: Do you think it is for a new role?

A_Wanderer said:
Must. Avoid. Star. Trek. References.

I freely admit that I was and in plenty of ways still am a nerd. I watched X-Files (since grade 4), Star Trek, Buffy, Angel, Twilight Zone, Sea Quest DSV, Red Dwarf, Monty Python and all that. I played my computer games as well as D&D as well as Vampire the Masquerade. Quoted all the TV shows incessently e.g. in physics "should we correct for wind resistence?" or in chemistry "(write the periodic table on your hand), including all known lanthinides and actinides? good luck!".

So anyway, we may be nerds about certain things but in the end that just means that we will get more of the jokes that the sometimes equally nerdy writers of these shows put in there.

Nerds, unite! :lol::wink:

Oh, who's that :combust: one in your profile, and im not talking about Mellencamp :sexywink:

awww shucks :flirt:

It might have originally been for a role, but she's been blonde (or blondish) for a few years now.

I never want to see that...I want to picture her with the perfect shade of red FOREVER!!!:tsk:

U2democrat said:
I was in best buy today and saw seasons 1-8 on DVD...one day when i have enough money i'll get them :hyper:
They are marked down here; only 40AUD each ~ which is like 30 USD, urge to buy rising :hyper:

That movie is awesome:rockon: I love the part when Mulder and Scully are about to kiss and then.....THE DAMN BEE stings Scully:ohmy: ...

Hey everyone who wants to buy the complete seasons... I got all 9 of them for my birthday from Costco. They are $65.99 with a $20.00 instant rebate, so each season was about $50.00 with tax. This is the best price I have ever seen on them, except on amazon the first season is sometimes $35.99, but that only happens once in a while. I hope that you all can get them because weekend x-files marathons are much fun! My husband had only seen about 5 episodes before we got the DVD's, and he is having a great time watching them with me! Go. Buy. Now!

Back
Top Bottom