"X-Files" Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
6 pages of great memories of the X-files and I only just found this thread. :(
I used to love that show even though it freaked me out too at times! One of the best shows ever!

Wow - GREAT thread! I didn't know so many people loved this show! I only own season 6 (most of my favorite episodes, Dreamland Pt I, II, How the Ghosts Stole Christmas, Triangle, Drive, Rain King, Arcadia...) and that's merely because Best Buy had them on sale for 49.99 instead of 99.99.

I got sucked into the 1st season, I was like, 8 or 9 I think. So great. Scared the crap out of me, some of the episodes (the ones with the ghost that crushed people's necks from the inside out, for example).

I used to militantly watch X-Files when it was on Friday nights... Then that 'Millennium" show came on, and bumped it to Sunday night... Grumble...

Plus, my name is Samantha, so I always thought it was cool that that was his sister's name too... WooOo! :)

I even made my parents take my pre-teen self to an X-Files convention way back when (first couple of seasons), and am mad I wasn't quite interested enough in the guests -- The Lone Gunmen. (ARGH!).

When I was first in line for the movie, I was happy to see theatre employees dressed up as FBI agents... I enjoyed the SciFi vendors seeling X-Files wares (I think I have wo aliens wearing I love Mulder/Scully shirts) and a recreation of Scully's badge.

I even contemplated cutting my hair to look similar to hers... I always liked her styled bob.. (Ahh!)

I was a member of the fan club, I wore my 'The Truth Is Out There' shirt proudly, despite being too large for myself... I still have my 'Deny Everything' sticker on my window and I even have the 'I Want To Believe' Poster from Mulder's office. I thinkI still have the X-Files hat I have, and some of the trading cards and a few of the books.

That being said, I hated, hated, HATED, the seasons where Mulder was gone - and I kind of zoned out during seasons 8 and 9. I managed to catch the last episode on mute (a friend of mine called, and now I've yet to actually see it), and I've been catching the re-runs on TNT way late at night and burst out laughing at the sheer un-X-Files-ness of the episodes with Doggett and them all... Not good at all.

Last edited:
Halifax said:
Count me in as an X-Filer was well!!

My favourite episode would have to be the one where Mulder FINALLY finds his sister. I know its not a particular popular episode with other X-Filer's, but the scene at the end where Mulder is walking through the crowd of ghost children, finally finds his sister and hugs her, while Moby's "My Weakness" is playing at the background. Chokes me up everytime.

That episode made me cry every time!! (That's how I discovered Moby!) So good...

AvsGirl41 said:
I was a huge X-Phile. I still have way too much X-Files stuff packed in a box--the action figures, the Barbies.

But here's where I can top you all. :reject:

Like U2democrat, I went as Scully for Halloween one year. Everyone really liked it and my cousin took a copy of the photo because she knew a guy who supposedly looked like Mulder and he couldn't find a good Scully. Fast forward to us attending a Trek convention together in costume...we were a huge hit. And it just kept going and going among this group of Trekkies, until finally, we landed on the back cover of the official X-Files Magazine, launching a whole lookalike contest. I kid you not. I still have copies of the magazine to prove it. :uhoh: If you want to see the photo, it's here. I always thought we looked crap! (I was only 17 when this was taken, wow!)

X-Files Photo

WOAH! Hahahaha! I used to get that magazine!! Hahahaha! You guys look way too good!

Re: Re: "X-Files" Appreciation Thread

"Ah so many memories - the flukeman, humbug and that millenium crossover episode ~ oh and that zany episode of the x-files show in the show with Gary Shandling and Tea Leoni (I wonder how she got that gig :wink: ).

Yes. Hollywood AD - such a funny episode... Jose Chung's was good too...

Anyone remember the episode where there was a fat kid who was a vampire (but he delivered pizzas, I think?!). That was a pretty funny episode... I don't remember much of it, however. Hope I'm not hallucinating.

Does anyone remember that every like Thanksgiving or Halloween FX would have an X-Files favorite episode marathon? My brothers and I would sit all day and watch that :reject: [/B]

I do! I used to watch it as well!

AvsGirl41 said:
One of my favorites was "Arcadia" where they had to play husband and wife to infilterate the gated community. And now I live in a neighborhood just like that!!

Post-Modern Prometheus is another classic. :up: And Tales of a Cigarette Smoking Man!

Rob and Laura Petrie, hahaha!

"Admit it Scully, you just want to play house!"

"Woamn, get back in here and make me a sandwhich!"

Love, love, love that episode.

A_Wanderer said:
And the sleeping on the couch rather than in the bedroom bit; very relateable.

That's what I love about Dreamland Pt. II, when Mulder (the real one) comes back to the apartment and then opens the door to make sure it's his place...

I laugh every time when Scully said to pseudo-Mulder, "I didnt even know you HAD a bedroom!"

Re: Re: Re: "X-Files" Appreciation Thread

"Ah so many memories - the flukeman, humbug and that millenium crossover episode ~ oh and that zany episode of the x-files show in the show with Gary Shandling and Tea Leoni (I wonder how she got that gig :wink: ).

Yes. Hollywood AD (I love the scene where they're all on the phone in the bubble bath, and Mulder says something like Skin-man's taking a bubble bath, and Skinner's still on the line) - such a funny episode... Jose Chung's was good too... Anyone see X-Cops?! (The one that's like Cops?!)

Anyone remember the episode where there was a fat kid who was a vampire (but he delivered pizzas, I think?!). That was a pretty funny episode... I don't remember much of it, however. Hope I'm not hallucinating.

Anyone see the Simpsons episode with Mulder and Scully? My absolute favorite... Agent Mulder, FBI (his badge is HILARIOUS!)

Re: Re: Re: Re: "X-Files" Appreciation Thread

schnazdoodle said:
"

I remember that episode with the vampires too. Don't know the name either. I loved the scene with Mulder's sunflower seeds. The bag get's dropped and this vampire HAS to pick every single sunflower seed up from the ground. :lol: (hope we're talking about the same episode here :reject: )

And I've seen the one that was like Cops too. It was with the camera crew and the worst fears of people becoming real somehow... Pretty freaky stuff

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "X-Files" Appreciation Thread

Adam'sbaby said:

I remember that episode with the vampires too. Don't know the name either. I loved the scene with Mulder's sunflower seeds. The bag get's dropped and this vampire HAS to pick every single sunflower seed up from the ground. :lol: (hope we're talking about the same episode here :reject: )

And I've seen the one that was like Cops too. It was with the camera crew and the worst fears of people becoming real somehow... Pretty freaky stuff

WOW....both of those episode where awesome:up: Luke Wilson was in the vampire one...I remeber Scully had a crush on him:wink: I really like the camera work the cops one it was just like they where taping the show COPS instead of X-files...Whatever the people feared came to life .....good stuff:yes::

U2democrat said:
My gosh i had the craziest crush on david duchovny. I'm ashamed to say how many photos i had saved on my computer of him at one point :reject:
Did you ever have these saved on your computer?

dd2.bmp

dd.bmp

Tea anyone? :ohmy:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "X-Files" Appreciation Thread

Adam'sbaby said:

Oooh, the COPS one! I had forgotten about that one, that was great. :up: And Ghosts of Christmas Past.

I was always disappointed that people didn't like the "comedy" ones and they felt they had to take the show back to a darker direction. It always felt so forced after that.

What about "Small Potatoes" about the babies that all were born with tails? "Oh, I know who the father was. Luke Skywalker!"

I just dug out my copy of "X-Treme Possibilities" which was a really cool episode guide/analysis of the show. it goes all the way to the movie, I can't believe Bad Blood was before that! :huh: I'm going to have to flip through this again, memories! :laugh:

I really enjoyed the comedy ones also. Mulder with those one liners. :lol:
How The Ghosts Stole Christmas was the one with Ed Asner and
Lily Tomlin. A very enjoyable episode.
I also loved the ones where Scully disappears and Mulder is trying to find her. I believe it starts with Duane Barry. She then reappears in the hospital and Mulder and The Lonegun Men try to find out who did it. I loved watching the relationship between Mulder and Scully.
:cute:

another episode that i liked was 'syzygy', where the two girls who had the same birthday were killling people and making all those weird things happen. it was hiliarious seeing mulder and scully get so snappy with each other.

Scully: "Well, then you have no way of determining whether or not their stories are fabricated."
Detective White: "No. No, these are good kids we're talking about. Outstanding students. And the details they gave, I doubt they could have made them up."
Scully: "Let me guess. They told you about a wild beast entering in on a black mass, the drinking of blood, the sacrifice of an infant or a blonde virgin."
Detective White: "Yeah. That's right. Excuse me."
Scully: "Where's she going?"
Mulder: "You don't suppose she's a virgin, do you?"
Scully: "I doubt she's even a blonde."

---

[Coffin bursts into flames]
Mulder: "Maybe we're just imagining that."

---

Mulder: "Oh. First off, I'd like to apologise for my partner's rude behaviour. She tends to be rather rigid, but rigid in a wonderful way, not like she was today. Personally I like to try to keep a more open mind."
Detective White: "So, what are you doing at my house?"
Mulder: "I was hoping you could help me solve the mystery of the horny beast."

I LOVE Syzygy! One of my favorites.

Scully: "How come you always have to drive? Is it because you're the big, macho man?"

Mulder: "No, I was just never sure your little feet could reach the pedals."

I wonder where the show would have gone if Gillian Anderson hadn't gotten pregnant and kind of forced the whole abduction arc (they had to write around her somehow).

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "X-Files" Appreciation Thread

AvsGirl41 said:

What about "Small Potatoes" about the babies that all were born with tails? "Oh, I know who the father was. Luke Skywalker!"

:lmao: Yes! I had forgotten about that one. Small Potatoes was awesome.

Pretty much any time Darin Morgan had a hand in an episode, it turned out great. All of his stuff rocked.

How could I have missed this thread :banghead:

I loved the X-Files

They used to film here in town :yes:
I used to see them filming just about everywhere I went :yes:

My fonded memory...I was driving past a corner and there was David Duchovny dressed as Mulder, standing on the corner, by himself waiting for something. I drove by again...he was still there. I drove by again - he waved at me :combust:

Make the love ... hee!

Heck, back in the day I would have switched teams for her. Nowadays she looks horrid. Way too skinny, and the blonde hair does nothing for her.

fah said:

My fonded memory...I was driving past a corner and there was David Duchovny dressed as Mulder, standing on the corner, by himself waiting for something. I drove by again...he was still there. I drove by again - he waved at me :combust:

:shocked: you lucky thing!!!!!!

lmjhitman said:
another episode that i liked was 'syzygy', where the two girls who had the same birthday were killling people and making all those weird things happen. it was hiliarious seeing mulder and scully get so snappy with each other.

Scully: "Well, then you have no way of determining whether or not their stories are fabricated."
Detective White: "No. No, these are good kids we're talking about. Outstanding students. And the details they gave, I doubt they could have made them up."
Scully: "Let me guess. They told you about a wild beast entering in on a black mass, the drinking of blood, the sacrifice of an infant or a blonde virgin."
Detective White: "Yeah. That's right. Excuse me."
Scully: "Where's she going?"
Mulder: "You don't suppose she's a virgin, do you?"
Scully: "I doubt she's even a blonde."

---

[Coffin bursts into flames]
Mulder: "Maybe we're just imagining that."

---

Mulder: "Oh. First off, I'd like to apologise for my partner's rude behaviour. She tends to be rather rigid, but rigid in a wonderful way, not like she was today. Personally I like to try to keep a more open mind."
Detective White: "So, what are you doing at my house?"
Mulder: "I was hoping you could help me solve the mystery of the horny beast."

Hey, that's one of my favorite episodes too! :applaud:

Back
Top Bottom